Introductions!

Options
Marie3391
Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
So there are quite a few of us here in this group and since we're all going to be going at this together, I'd like to introduce myself to you all. Please introduce yourselves as well and tell us a little bit about you :)

My name is Marie and I'm a 21 year old college senior and restaurant manager. I started my journey at nearly 200lbs a couple years ago and while I have gone down to 129lbs, right now I am at 145lbs with the ultimate goal of getting to 120lbs.

I'm hoping I can drop a few pounds and inches before my sister's wedding and before going on my vacation to the Dominican Republic at the end of August. I'm so excited to see what Insanity brings!

What are all of you looking to get from Insanity??

Replies

• barney50501Missy
    Options
    Guten Tag!! Well, I have just started my 2nd week of Insanity. I began at 222lbs 3 months ago and I am down to 184.5 now. I have an additional 30-35lb I would like to lose.

I am 46 and live in Reno, NV. I have 3 kids (21, 20 & 9) and am very happily married. I am the Customer Service Manager for a global mining company having worked my way up from temping while I was pregnant with my first child. I have been there for 21 years (longer than some of you have been alive...haha). Oh, and I'm taking German right now, hence my opening :).

I started Insanity after I finished 30DS. I want to be in better shape, healthier, sleeker. I don't want to lose a bunch of weight and feel weak, or be flabby, so I figured Insanity was my next step. It is killer, I'm not going to lie, but dang if it doesn't feel good to know you can do it.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thanks for the invite!

I am 37 (38 by the time I finish Insanity!) and live in Chicago. I quit smoking back in March and gained some weight during that and a combination of just shoving whatever I wanted into my mouth and getting no exercise. I started out at around 146 lbs back in May and am now down to 139 lbs. My goal weight is somewhere around 125-130 lbs, I think. (I'm 5'6"). I just finished 30DS, and for the first time in my life am really enjoying exercise. It's amazing how much better I already feel after such a short time and how much stronger I am. I'm also finishing up Couch to 5K, so I'll have a couple weeks of overlap of that with Insanity.

The reason I'm doing Insanity is because I like a challenge. This is something I never would have even attempted in the past, because I would've thought I couldn't do it. But, I feel so good after the Jillian Michaels workouts that I want to raise the bar, and I figure if all these other people do it, so can I! Also, mountain climbers and burpees remind me of being in high school, which is good since my 20 year reunion is in October. My plan is to do this in the mornings at 6 a.m. before work.

I'm starting Insanity this Saturday. (I'm not starting on Monday because I don't want to have to worry about going to work if the first day leaves me in a puddle of sweat on the floor in my basement!)
  • mcottle292
    mcottle292 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mandi and here is probably more info than anybody really wants or needs to know about me! I am 35, I have 3 children (15, 13 and 8). I have been called a modern day hippie by...well, most of my friends! HA! I eat mostly organic, I don't eat meat, however I am not a vegetarian. I will eat things made with meat in them (just pick out meat) and made with meat broths. I don't eat meat because it is very hard on my digestive tract. I also have celiac disease so you wont see any gluten containing products on my food diary. I have 2 herniated disk in my neck, 1 bulging disk in my back and arthritis in my lower back. So, sometimes I have to be super careful about my body movements. I am VERY positive! Not in a bubbly annoying way, but in a law of attraction way. I feel like anybody can do anything, they only need to believe they can. My husband I have incorporated the practice of Kaizen into our everyday lives and I love Anthony Robbins!

I moved to Texas Jan 2010 from Wisconsin. When I moved here I weighed 205 (I am a little over 5'9"). I got down to 185 just by changing my eating habits. Last summer I started back at the gym ( I have been a gym rat off and on for 15 years, that is actually how I injured my neck...workout bench broke while doing and inclined bench press) and got down to 162. I am back up to 168.8 presently. I would like to weigh 150-155. But as long as I shed the fat and increase muscle mass I don't really care what I weigh.

I also juice...so on my rest days if I do a juice fast I may not log food. I know how many calories etc. are in the juices I regularly use and therefore will be able to maintain proper nutrition.

If anybody wants add me as a friend on here please do!

When I reread this I realize it is all over the place...my 8 year old was talking shop with me (he is building a massive lego world in the living room right now)! :)
  • mcottle292
    mcottle292 Posts: 60
    Options
    Oh also I am on week 2 of insanity!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Nate. I'm 37 soon to be 38 and I'm in Kansas City. Anyway I was 357 last November when I started eating better and exercising. Ran the warrior dash for my 100lb goal and it was tough but I finished. Next year I want to kick its *kitten* (pardon language). I'm a former Marine, I know pain and how to get over it. It's just taking that step into the brick wall that sucks. I'm at 233 right now my goal is to be 200 by September for a Marine Corp reunion. I want to start toning up a bit by doing some weight training and see improvement but want something structured.

Don't forget your before and after photos. I realized to late how awesome seeing progress is in pictures.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate, also a 21 year old senior in college. I'm majoring in dietetics, on track to graduate next May. Right now I'm doing supervised practice at a retirement home, and following that I'll have a 10 week clinical rotation at my university hospital.

In high school I lost 35 lbs.. way too tiny at 114 lbs and 5'7. I was never diagnosed with anorexia but I was extremely restrictive about what I ate. I gained a bit of weight back and maintained around 125 for maybe a year, but after the end of my senior year of high school I began binge eating. From that time until fall 2011 my weight managed to get up to 160. Around that time I started bingeing as well as purging. Between January and March of this year I managed to lose 15 lbs, but over finals week, spring break, and a stressful spring quarter I put it all back on. The good news is that I started lifting 3x a week at the start of the year, so I'm a leaner 160 than I was before! Still, I'd like to slim down and continue to gain muscle, which is why I chose to do Insanity over the summer. As of today, I haven't binged or purged in two weeks and I'm really hoping to keep that up :) I'm feeling awesome about where I'm headed.

I'm 11 days into Insanity right now and I love it! I'm not following the diet plan exactly, just eating healthy and estimating how many calories I'm consuming (exact counts feel obsessive to me). Also, I'm a vegan since January, and a vegetarian since 2008.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm Renae! I'm 25 and am a finance coach and finishing up my RN, BSN (dual careers cause I get bored easy lol). I'm engaged and meeting the extended family in Oct so I'd love to drop the 10 pounds I've put on in the last year being with my fiance. I'm also going to be running the Donna breast marathon in Feb. Last spring I did about 2 weeks of Insanity inbetween 2 half marathons and knocked off 12 mins; so I'm excited to do the full program to kick of my marathon training.

I'm also starting Monday :)
  • bhagya2485
    Options
    Hi and Thank you for the invite

My name is Bhagya, 27 years old, married and work in IT industry which means sedentary lifestyle.

I was diagnosed as pre diabetic in Jan 2012 which was a wakeup call for me. I weighed 157 pounds in Jan 2012 and currently I weigh 153 pounds. My target weight is 125 pounds and I am working towards it.

I just finished 30DS and I am looking forward to do Insanity with all you guys and increase my fitness level and build stamina.

:-)))
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Sunday the July 1st. My goal is to do Insanity nights and 30 day Shred Mornings. My goal is to get down to 120LBS. I am 5'6.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello all :-) I'm Liz a mother of two (4 years and 20 months) I started my journey at 19stone 9 which is 275lbs, I've just hit the 13stone 6lbs mark which is roughly 186lbs. I'm hoping to get to the 150/160 mark which is roughly 11 stone
    I'm really looking forward to doing insanity because I just can't wait for the pump and have my back end kicked and this stubborn fat to be blitzed!
    thanks for the add :-)
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    o and anyone else feel free to add me for an extra cheerleader :-)
  • amjenty
    amjenty Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! :smile:

I'm 46 years old,mother of 2 (16 and 6) (not a typo) - I'm 5'3 currently weighing in at 167.5, and have a goal to be looking as good as I can for my Birthday in October!
    I just completed Day 5 of Insanity! I was thinking I was too old for this, but so far so good. I threw up the first day of Insanity doing the fitness test!
    Lost 11 lbs just cutting calories, now it's time for toning and definition. (hopefully). I am seeing a difference already. I took measurements and tucked it away for another day. I have a vision and I can do this! - WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great stories!! It's great to read them and get to know a little bit about you guys :) You guys have so much going on and still give time for fitness and nutrition which is great! We can all do this if we truly want it!!

I'm Kate, also a 21 year old senior in college. I'm majoring in dietetics, on track to graduate next May. Right now I'm doing supervised practice at a retirement home, and following that I'll have a 10 week clinical rotation at my university hospital.

In high school I lost 35 lbs.. way too tiny at 114 lbs and 5'7. I was never diagnosed with anorexia but I was extremely restrictive about what I ate. I gained a bit of weight back and maintained around 125 for maybe a year, but after the end of my senior year of high school I began binge eating. From that time until fall 2011 my weight managed to get up to 160. Around that time I started bingeing as well as purging. Between January and March of this year I managed to lose 15 lbs, but over finals week, spring break, and a stressful spring quarter I put it all back on. The good news is that I started lifting 3x a week at the start of the year, so I'm a leaner 160 than I was before! Still, I'd like to slim down and continue to gain muscle, which is why I chose to do Insanity over the summer. As of today, I haven't binged or purged in two weeks and I'm really hoping to keep that up :) I'm feeling awesome about where I'm headed.

I'm 11 days into Insanity right now and I love it! I'm not following the diet plan exactly, just eating healthy and estimating how many calories I'm consuming (exact counts feel obsessive to me). Also, I'm a vegan since January, and a vegetarian since 2008.

Kate, I totally understand where you're coming from, just know that everything is a choice. I'm right here with ya!

Can't wait to get started!!!!!!!!!!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi group!
    I am Randi. I am a 32 year old mother to 2 boys age 10 and 19 months and married to my husband for 12 years. I am on Day 3 of Insanity and looking for support to get me through at least the 60 cycle.
    I am currently in my last 5 months of nursing school and will graduate in December. Between kids and college I have been super busy and let my weight get out of control during my last pregnancy. I have quite a bit to lose, but I am determined to make the next 5 months count and look and feel as good as possible by the time I graduate in December. Looking forward to this Journey with you all!
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Kristi and I'm 39. I started a new position this past school year and consequently added 25-30 pounds to my "need to lose" column. All totaled, I'd like to lose about 60 lbs. I want to get off as much of it as possible, while staying strong, by my 40th birthday at the end of October. I'm on day 7 of Insanity, which is by far the easiest! (no Insanity workout today!). I love, love, LOVE it so far! Shaun T is very motivating. For those just starting, be prepared to feel sore, but be prepared to get stronger! Today I swam a workout. I've been a swimmer all my life. Seriously, I could feel the power I'd gained, especially in my glutes!
    Take pictures and measurements!!

Oh, and whoever said they are doing the 30 day shred also, be careful not to overdo it. Insanity really is that intense.

Looking forward to journeying with you!
    (oh, I'm off for the summer, so Insanity will take me to my official first day back! I want people to notice a difference!)
  • slamonds
    slamonds Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Guys! My name is Samantha! I'm 24 until next week! I am happily married to the love of my life. My husband and I find fitness very important but recently we have been slacking off and I've gained 7lbs back :/ We have decided to get back on track so I'm hoping you guys will keep me accountable!

I am 4' 11'' and weigh 115. My goal is to get to at least 103 which is what I used to weigh in high school. But I'm hoping that my body will be more tone! I would love to have a six pack! Good luck everyone!
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Michelle & I'm 21 (turning 22 next month!) I recently graduated college in December, & I will be going to grad school starting in September. (:

I officially started my plan/journey to get fit in February of this year. The highest I ever weighed in was 183 back in high school, and I lost around 25lbs before I graduated, but during college gained some back & was yo-yo dieting & losing/gaining the same 5lbs. I am 5'3" & currently weigh 145, hoping to get to the 115-120 range.

I am currently in week 3 of insanity (& sadly did not take any before pictures..) but I was just looking to shake up my workouts & get more fit in the process.
  • SGTflatfoot
    SGTflatfoot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm 23, 5'3", about 137lbs. I am a fresh college graduate. I graduated from ASU with a kinesiology degree in December. By the end of college I had gained 30 lbs since the start. I've slowly widdled down from 155. I was keeping it pretty fit for a while there, but then I took an entirely sedentary month long break to study for my MCAT. I took it the 21st of June and promptly started Insanity on June 25th. I'm hoping to eventually get down to 120-125. My thoughts are that since I'm much closer to the size I want to be than I was at 155, Insanity will help me tone as well as lose some of those remaining pounds. Anyone who wants more people in their personal corner is welcome to add me as their friend and I'll be happy to help out here and there with encouragement. Good luck to all of you! :]
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Luzel, i'm 25, and 5'9"
    Need to lose 16 lb by August, so I reckon thats not too impossible?
    I'm on day 4 of insanity, day 1 nearly killed me :-) I had to keep on starting and stopping the dvd, finished the whole one, but it took me about 10 minutes longer! Same with day 3!
    So my goal is to finish Insanity... even if it takes me longer than the 60 days, at the end I want to be able to keep up with the DVD 100%...
    Good luck to you all, add me if you want to, I'm on MFP every day.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,437 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

This will be my second round of Insanity, but it has been a long time since I have wanted to add an Insanity workout into my rotation. Have been looking at Asylum, so thought maybe I better do Insanity before I attempted the other set. I'm 48 years old (soon to be 49), married with two daughters age 19 and 15. I started Insanity on Monday, and was pleased at the results of the Fit Test. I thought for sure I was going to bomb that one. :laugh: I'm going to be doing kettlebells along with Insanity. Going to be doing the rotation a little different than what is printed. I'm basically going to do each Insanity workout once during the week, and then do some other workouts that I enjoy on the other days. I really want to get rid of at least 5-10lbs during this 60 days. Something that is hard to do during the summer. :wink: My main goal is to increase my endurance though.

Add me as a friend if you want to!