Never Knew I looked like that!!

Options
Well I am just back from my vacation and I had a terrific time. I vowed to relax, give my body a break and enjoy myself. I was with my 19 year old daughter and we were messing around taking pictures of our 1st day on the beach and I said "ok just take a picture of me and I promise I will not delete it" She took a picture and...
<<<<<<THAT'S WHAT SHOWED UP!!! I was stunned! I truley did not know that I looked like that. You see I have been fighting an eating disorder for about 20 years and although it has been under control for several years, it still is in my brain messing with my thoughts. I have always had this mentality that If I could only lose a little more, then I would REALLY look good.

I eat right, work out 5 times a week and found EM2WL a couple of months ago. I started eating more and I said to myself, "I am doing everything right and can't possibly do any better, so what ever happens to my body, happens" I put the scale in my attic so I would not weight myself and give up. I just kept an eye on my body to judge how I was doing.

I guess you could say that this is one huge NSV!! Its so funny (and sad frankly) to realize how messed up my head still is after all of these years. I am so proud of myself for not giving up and not starving myself. I can now eat like a normal person and work out like a normal person and look damn good doing it!!! I know that the struggle will not end in my head just by this "a ha" moment but its a start and as I have said before, my goal is to keep myself this way for a year as well as work on my mind struggles so my journey is not over but today I am pretty happy!

Thanks for letting me share!!

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! You should be very proud!
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous my friend! I'm so very glad you got to see it for yourself. Those pictures are worth more than a thousand words sometimes!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I would kill to have your body!
  • HemsireJosie
    HemsireJosie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow... You look great. It is hard to know when to stop. There's a time when less can be more, like if your over weight and need to lose weight for your health, but there's also a point where it goes to far and less is definatly less. I think you look great in that photo, if your happy with your current nutrition and workout schedule then you don't need to change a thing! :)
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    You look awesome! Hope I look half as good as that by next year!

Keep up the good work!
  • justjen0117
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous!!! I can completely relate to the head-issues you're talking about!! I struggled with anorexia in high school and can't ever remember a time in my entire life that I didn't think about losing weight or being skinny! I have always, always felt like the "fat girl" in the room....no matter what size I am. My husband thinks I have a slight case of Body Dysmorphic Syndrome...slightly kidding but honestly slightly serious....It's crazy the tricks our mind will play on us. There have been times where he's taken a random snapshot of me when I'm not paying attention and then he shows it to me and I honestly say "that's not me....omg, did you photoshop that?"....crazy stuff!!! =)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    This is so awesome!!! I have and still feel the way you have and still do. we are a work in progress and yes we cant give up. you have a wonderful view on your body now.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I love NSV!!! Our minds love to play tricks on us ALL THE TIME!!
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look great, I'm envious!
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! I wish I could look like this...
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If I looked like you I'd wear a bikin 24/7, well done:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    You look great!! Hope I look that good one day!
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I am still over the moon. Now all I have to do is get back on track from my vacation before I lose all of my hard work!! :)
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!!! I love when we get to a point where we *see* that we do not look as how we *thought* we did :love: