Having trouble!

Options
I am 4 months out ad have lost only 50 pounds. Most of which was lost the first 2 months. I am slowing down to about a pound a week. I ont know why or what to do. Please help I need encouragement.

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Which surgery did you have? I know with lap band its common for slower weight loss in the beginning. Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust to what you have already lost, as well. And you definitely lose slower the closer you are to a normal weight. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing when I had my band. A pound of week is a good steady loss. If you get to a long plateau you might want to discuss it with your doctor and see if you need an adjustment. Hang in there you've got this. Know your tool is still working and you just need to work with it. A slow and steady pace wins the race! :)
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I guess there are too many questions to give advice at this point...which surgery did you have, are you exercising, how are you doing on the diet, portions, protein etc... we need details otherwise it's hard to do much other than say "the good news is your still losing a pound a week which is awesome!"
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    With the LapBand, I lose just like I did before the band, except that I don't get as hungry and I don't regain the weight. You still have to watch your calories and such. I don't know what surgery you had, but the band probably isn't as effective as some of the others because you still have your stomach and absorb things like normal. It's work! How many calories are you having a day?
  • lb75081
    lb75081 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in 4 months - IS AWESOME! I am in my 3rd week after the lapband surgery. I lost a total of 20 pounds, about 15 was pre-op diet. I met with my surgeron this week and he said this is perfectly normal to slow down right after surgery because your body is in shock and thinks it is in starvation mode. He also said that once I started more solid foods, I should see the loss pick back up again.

But the main thing he told me was --- Remember this isn't Gastric By Pass, they do not want you nor expect you to drop too much weight too fast.

Slow and Steady. Hang in there and pat yourself on the back. You are doing GREAT!:flowerforyou:
  • ashleydavidmom
    Options
    I had the RNY.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I think 50 pounds in 4 months is awesome. You cant really compare your weight loss to others. We all lose at a a different pace. Sometimes the people that lose the fastest in the beginning are the ones with most to lose. I have lost 67 in three months, but most of that was in the beginning. My loss has slowed to about 1-2 pounds a week now. It is normal to plateau so I wouldnt get too upset about it. Also keep track of your measurements because a lot of times when you are not losing pounds, you are losing inches. You a doing a great job...and remember...that is 50 pounds you will never see again!
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Getting in 64 ounces of water a day? Sticking to the diet your doctor prescribed? My surgeon doesn't allow bread-type carbs the first 4 months, (we can have natually occuring carbs in beans, fruits etc) which helps break the addiction to carbs and I think helps with weight loss too...