Binge week and pain related eating

Hi all! I am 4'11 and somewhere between 107 and 104 lbs. I have a small frame so I have only been trying to lose a little bit of weight (10-12 lbs). I am posting because I'd like to introduce myself and also to get some advise and hear some opinions :smile:

First of all: who here has allowed themselves a "binge week" (or days) after a few months of being relatively "good"? Please share with me how you were able to get back on track. I am trying to recover from my binge week and I am finding it extremely difficult. These last 5-7 days I have been outrageously insatiable and I don't want to slip off the edge and lose all the dicipline I have aquired over these last few months (not to mention the lbs I've lost!) :frown:
Secondly, I have had back problems for 10 years,sometimes it's bad and sometimes its ok. I have seen doctors and chiropractors but ultimatley I have accepted the fact that I will occasionally be in pain that lasts a few days-week. So I was wondering who out there eats when they are in pain (like I do) and what do you do to snap out of it?
Cheers!

Replies

• musiclvr54
    musiclvr54 Posts: 11 Member
    I HAVE JSUT GOTTEN BACK FROM VACATION AND AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET BACK IN THE GROOVE OF EXERCISING AGAIN EVERY DAY AND I FEEL HUNGRY ALL THE TIME SO I AM EATING MORE. (I DONT HAVE THE PAIN EXCUSE LIKE YOU DO ) I GUESS I AM JUST PLAIN LAZY OR LACK OF DISCIPLINE:frown: I DID BETTER WHEN I WAS ON VACATION BUT THEN I WAS WALKING MORE TOO. RIGHT NOW WHERE I LIVE IT HAS BEEN HOT AND HUMID SO TO WALK OUTSIDE IS KIND OF OUT OF THE QUESTION. DOESN'T EVEN COOL DOWN IN THE EVENING. MAYBE WE NEED TO JUST SUCK IT UP AND TRY TO DO BETTER STARTING ON MON AND REPORT TO EACH OTHER NEXT WEEK HOW WE ARE DOING. MAYBE IF WE HAVE SOMEONE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO IT WOULD HELP. WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY?
  • lulecar
    lulecar Posts: 7
    Hi there, I'm 4'10. Once upon a time I was 4'11...lol I just got back from holidays as well. I didn't even bother to get on the scale. I have just gotten back into the grove. I find that this site really does help. If you input what your putting into your mouth and seeing concrete numbers it's so much easier. As for exercise the first few days are always hard, you just have to push through them and they get easier as you go on. Hey even 15 min the first day is better than 15 min spent on the couch. I fall off the wagon a few times a year (holidays) and it does not seem as hard to get back on it. Sometimes the jump may seem a little high, but all we can do is try and try again. Remember no one is perfect, and if we do our best...at least we are doing something. Good Luck.
  • josiemod
    josiemod Posts: 2
    Thank you both for the encouragement! I recently purchased a fitbit and have a new boost of motivation. I also have decided to buy more veggies and am deffinetly feeling more on track again. I know we all have our slip-ups but I think that the key can sometimes be to keep your diet interresting. I have to remember that if I'm constantly craving "naughty foods" then I am probably depriving myself and need to mix things up...