My fitness level???

Options
CourtneyV89
CourtneyV89 Posts: 3 Member
I have been doing JM's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism in combination with the elliptical and strength training. A common day was 25 minutes elliptical, 25 minutes JM video, and 15 minutes strength training. I do strength 3 days a week, and my cardio combo between 3 and 5 days a week lately. I have been using moderately active. I am also a nurse and on my feet all day. I need a change so I plan to start Insanity and plan for 5-6 days a week, will also use the elliptical some days to make sure I have about an hour of cardio and still do my strength training 3 days a week (I do 1 day upper, 1 day lower, 1 day core). Where does this put my fitness level, am I eating too low?? Do I need to up my fitness level? I always make sure I follow EM2WL and stay at my BMR every day or as close as possible.

I only have about 10-15 to lose and have struggled for quite some time...
I am 5'7", CW 145.5
GW 130-133

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Add up the total hour per week you exercise and use this link to find your BMR and TDEE.
    Since you only have a little ways to go, I would suggest a cut no more than 10%, to prevent your body from
    trying to hold on to the last few pounds.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Hope that helps you:flowerforyou:
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Could someone help me out with my fitness level? I had it set originally to moderate, but I think I was underestimating how much I exercise. So, I'm 5'2", 217, female, and I generally exercise 1.5 to 3 hours a day, and burn 5000-8000 cal per week (so far, haven't been doing this very long.) I do about 1-3 hours of light housework a day, but otherwise I sit a lot.

So I've been eating at the moderate level TDEE - 15% (used the scooby workshop calculator) and having a little trouble eating all my calories--though I could add some calorie-and-nutrient denser foods to my diet, I'm sure. I just want to figure out what''s the best thing to do:)
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Could someone help me out with my fitness level? I had it set originally to moderate, but I think I was underestimating how much I exercise. So, I'm 5'2", 217, female, and I generally exercise 1.5 to 3 hours a day, and burn 5000-8000 cal per week (so far, haven't been doing this very long.) I do about 1-3 hours of light housework a day, but otherwise I sit a lot.

So I've been eating at the moderate level TDEE - 15% (used the scooby workshop calculator) and having a little trouble eating all my calories--though I could add some calorie-and-nutrient denser foods to my diet, I'm sure. I just want to figure out what''s the best thing to do:)

If you are getting in 1.5 - 3 hours of exercise a week, I believe you should be using the highest setting (very strenuous) instead of moderate. There's a 600 calorie difference for TDEE between the two settings. If your TDEE is actually the 3277 and you are eating a cut from 2674 (moderate TDEE for your numbers), that would be about 1000 calories cut each day which could result in a 2 pound per week weight loss. At 217 pounds, that is sustainable for a bit but as you continue to lose weight it will be harder to do and it is suggested that you aim for .5 to 1 pound per week.

I'm hoping somone with more experience will chime in here since the thread is now bumped back up. One other thing - remember to recalculate after each 5 pounds that you lose as these numbers will change.