Divvy up of calories thru your day?

Options
Morgandobes
Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
What is everyones 'strategy' for calories thru the day?
I am able to eat 2100 calories a day and here is how mine breaks down

700 breakfast(this includes a coffee or two with vanilla creamer)
400 lunch
1000 dinner(this is usually our big meal of the day when we are all together)

Lisa

Replies

• rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't really "plan" the way mine break down. I find out what we are doing for dinner and plan the rest of my intake off that. My theory is if I accommodate the family meal it does not impact my wife for breakfast and lunch.
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    Options
    Feel free to take a look at my diary (it should be open-just let me know if it isn't). I break my calorie allotment (which is 2400 at tdee and 2050 with the 15% cut that I just recently switched to) into 3 meals with similar ranges and 3 snacks. I put the ranges in with the lowest to add up to my cut and the highest to add up to my tdee. Then I just double check to make sure that my exercise for the day doesn't leave me less than my BMR. For me a consistent calorie intake throughout the day seems to work the best. Hope that helps answer your question.
  • Lenny0714
    Lenny0714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 650 cal or so breakfasts and that includes my post workout shake. For lunch it's about 450-500 cals,dinner 500' and snacks about 400. My snacks are at 4 pm and then after dinner. I'm aiming for 2000 cals. I eat pretty much the same things or types of things everyday. Hope this is helpful :)
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat a 500 cal breakfast, 500 cal lunch, 500 cal dinner. The remaining 460 are broken up between pre and post workout snacks and a regular snack.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is between 400-500, lunch and dinner around 600, and snacks around 600.

I try to leave around 700 for dinner, which is enough for a higher Cal dinner, and if our dinner isn't that high, I have Edamame for an evening snack.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    My diary is open if anybody would like to add me, provide words for improvement or if your just a diary stalker. I try my best to divide my caloires as equally as possible between 6 meals. Sometimes this doesn't happen with dining out and work ..ect. But that seems to work for me. I figure this way i'm helping keep my metabolism up. Eating 6 times a day helps me to not feel so deprived stopping eating before I really want to stop since I know another meal is just a few hours away. :)
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I usually start my day off heavy and end light. My work schedule puts me at a late dinner so I try to keep that around 4-500. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you're interested. The only thing I do is hit 1600 calories before dinner, at a minimum. Lately I've had to increase that to more like 1750 or 1800 in order to reach 2400-2600 by the end of the day (which is my TDEE - 10% cut).
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    my cut is on the lower side - 1713. it usually looks like this:

300 breakfast
    500 lunch
    700 dinner
    200 snacks throughout the day