We have a power outage, how do I stay on track?

Options
peachyxoxoxo
peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
Our power at my mom's house is supposed to be out until July 7th. I'm going to be living at my dads for a week, but he has a tile floor in the basement, which is where I'd normally do my workouts at my mom's place. My dad is in the process of moving so there are lots of boxes and random pieces of furniture in all the carpeted rooms... ideas? I'm so bummed I can't work out at my mom's, our workout room is perfect but with no a/c and no fan my workout yesterday was almost unbearable. Not to mention its quite dark down there with no light haha.

Replies

• Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Maybe go to a friend's house and do the workout together? If that's not an option then you might have to opt for doing some other form of cardio during this week. Try doing some HIIT at the gym or going for a run. I believe you can also print out the fit test exercises and do those.

Good luck!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason why you can't do it on tile?
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    Could you use a yoga mat on the tile for when you want extra cushioning. I'd try doing it on the tile...
    Or stick it out in the dark basement with a laptop or battery powered DVD. Think of the extra heat as a "hot" workout room designed to warm your muscles and burn more fat :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason why you can't do it on tile?

I just like having the cushion of carpet. I'm scared of hitting my knees on the tile because I tend to bruise so easily. Also the catbox is down in the basement right now... completely forgot about that lol.

But anyway, my dad rearranged a room upstairs so now it's just furniture, and I ended up exercising in there. It worked out pretty well. Thanks for the suggestions though! Literally the first things I thought when the power went out were 1) "how am I gonna cook food?" and 2) "how am I gonna do my Insanity workouts?" hahaha.