Second time around

Options
mayday1969
mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
I had finished 90 Day Revolution on June 24, took a week off and now I'm starting from the beginning.

I was excited to see how I would do with the earlier discs after completing the program.

So.. Disk 1 First round, used 3 and 5 pound weights, this time 5 and 8 pound weights

I realized that this time, I'm 30 pounds lighter and MUCH stronger. She has you do a whole bunch of pushups on your knees. I was able to do them all on my toes. Last time around I couldn't even get through them on my knees. And PLANKS! I held it the whole time!

I'm able to "ramp it up" where ever she suggests. And not that it was a piece of cake or anything, but I am able to work through the burning pain. First time around, I took MANY breaks and couldn't handle the feeling of "workout pain"

This time, the bicycle situps were able to be done the whole time.

I also noticed that I can balance MUCH better. Last time I was falling all over the place and definately had to tap my toe in between.

My suggestion for the newbies, would be to move up to the next level, even if you don't think you are ready. I was NEVER able to do everything in any of the workouts the first time around, but still moved through the program at the pace that she sets. You get stronger.

I think I will post comments on this thread for all the disks I do/redo, if you don't mind my ramblin's

Replies

• missmorningmist
    Options
    I agree with you on the comment to newbies to just keep working at it because even if you can't do it perfect like the athletes or even as many times you are still gaining strength.

I also advise not to go by other people's results because no one is built the same and no one's body is going to act in the same way. Just keep trying.
  • mayday1969
    Options
    I agree with you on the comment to newbies to just keep working at it because even if you can't do it perfect like the athletes or even as many times you are still gaining strength.

I also advise not to go by other people's results because no one is built the same and no one's body is going to act in the same way. Just keep trying.

Well helloooo there missmorningmist! I totally agree with you! YOU were my biggest inspiration through this whole process! Lets keep going!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I'm glad your back again with us.You did great.you will again :happy:
  • mayday1969
    Options
    Disc 2 second time around. Again I used 5 and 8 pound weights and the new cable that was supposed to come with the set that I didn't get until the end of the first round. So I just finished the first round with my cable.

I can really tell that I'm MUCH stronger and since I already know the moves, I can really listen to what Jillian is saying. I missed so many of her words first go round because I was concentrating so much on my form.

But, don't get me wrong, I am very sore from yesterday! I can tell that even though we use these muscles throughout the 90 days, we use them differently. So yay for mixing it up!
  • mayday1969
    Options
    I did cardio one ysterday for the first time in 2 months. I feel like I got a good workout. While I was able to do everything, I was still sweaty and red. Since I'm not dying as much this time around, I'm able to watch the video more closely. I never noticed that David (aka grown *kitten* man) puts his arms down on the kickouts. I bet those huge muscles are hard to hold up for that minute. LOL

I also realized that I like each of the cardio Discs.

Cardio 1 does 8 moves for one minute each. That minute seems long after doing Cardio 3 that has many more moves, but you only do them for about 20 seconds each.
  • mayday1969
    Options
    First time doing Disc 3 since finishing the program for the first time.

Plank ups! Yay! No problem! Plank to crescent pose...No problem. These were both things I couldn't do the first time around. I wasn't able to race with "the athletes" in the plank ups, but I could do them! Last time around, I think I could do 3 before I was flat on my belly. Now when I say, no problem, it doesn't mean it was easy, I still sweat and get sore and tired, but I can do it.

I still have trouble with the cable shoulder presses. I can't hold my arms ups. I did slightly better...Oh well, maybe next time around.
  • mayday1969
    Options
    Disc 4 today. Again, it was all pretty much doable. I went heavy (8 pounds) with the weights on the good mornings, but it was akward as to where to hold the weights. The only thing I had trouble with were the leg lifts on my side, and that is only because you have to prop yourself up with your elbow and I burned my right elbow on the oven a couple days ago.

Still a great workout!