Have been at this for a while... :(

Options
Hello and want everyone to know that I am trying to remain positive and patient but right now am frustrated - again.... so sorry to bother you all with my questions.

I started MFP in July 2011 and was on the 1200 cal. diet until around Jan/Feb. 21012. Up until that time I had lost 33 lbs. Then my weight was not coming off and hovered around 146-150. Started researching about EM2WL. I started increasing my calories in March (wished I would have written down dates when I started increasing back then) and now for the past 5 weeks have been very consistent with my calories at the 15% cut. Doing fairly well w/ that but know I need to get more protein in. Some days my food has been not as good as others but overall I feel I haven't had a "bad" day.

Scooby's #'s : BMR 1400
TDEE 2170
15% 1845
10% is 1953 I am 5'2'. I do fast walking and work w/ weights (Jillian's NMTZ and RI30) and soon will be
increasing my dumbbells to 15 lbs each.

I decided to weigh myself today and I was at 151.

***I know this process takes time but was wondering if I should keep at the 15% number or go to 10%? I want to reach 135 lbs. My clothes do not seem to be getting smaller. It is hard reading all the success stories on this group when I have been at this for a while now and am not seeing any results whatsoever. Not sure if upping calories again is a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Can you post your age, height, weight and also what you exercises are during the week?

Thanks!
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Did you do a reset before a cut? You were at 1200 for so long, your body probably needs a reset before a cut. I'm new to this as well, but that's my thinking based on all I've read.
  • Jolie1971
    Jolie1971 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am 41. 5'2". Just weighed myself this am after not doing so for a while. Was at 151.

I get 3-4 hours of exercise in a week:

Jillian's NMTZ with 11 lbs dumbbells (22 total) will be getting 15 lbs (30 total) soon.
    Sometimes I will do RI30 for a change and am going to buy her Killer Buns & Thighs DVD too
    Also do fast walking (4 mph) too for 20-40 minutes depending upon what I decide to do for exercise that day.
  • hoosmi
    hoosmi Posts: 18
    Options
    No answers for you, but I totally share your pain! We have almost the same fact pattern- low calorie for awhile now (I only charted for a month but think it wasn't different than my diet before), TDEE less 15% for 5 weeks... gained about 2 pounds initially after increasing calories, stabilized nicely, then gained another 1-2 in the last couple of weeks. I've cut back on my cardio a bunch this summer so I'm not sure which exercise category to do...

My Scooby #s are really close to yours: (155, 5'7", 41 years old)

BMR:1445
    TDEE at moderate: 2240
    15% cut: 1904

TDEE at strenuous (signed up for marathon in November- need to ramp up training soon!): 2493
    15% cut: 2119

Anyway, I'm rambling about me because your story was so familar-- I'm thinking we both started the cut thing before the reset became popular, and that we need to just hide the scales and go all out on the reset. Truth be told, I hit closer to 1800-1900 calories a day, which seems like a lot compared to my old life but isn't really 15%. I'm curious to see what everyone thinks. (I have a 5k on Wednesday that I've run for the last 6 years-- not going to lie, if I'm both heavier and slower, I'm going to be traumatized. LOL)

Jennifer
  • Jolie1971
    Jolie1971 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing as you... If I should up my calories to the 10% cut or do a reset. What do others think?

I have come to realize that I will not reach my goal by my 1 yr. MFP anniversary (July 21, 2011) but am OK w/ that. Just would like the scale to move down a little :).

Let me know if you decide to do a reset!