Who works for themselves?! Or have the desire to?

Options
soosweet1920
soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
I know this is not about weight loss but it is about life changes! I was wondering who works independently? What do you do? Who has the desire to in the future? Any ideas?

I never thought I would want to work for myself but lately I have been having this nagging feeling to think of an idea and give it a try. Thoughts?

Replies

• MzVirgo77
    MzVirgo77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am an independent groups meeting and travel agent for a small agency based out of Atlanta (I am in Florida). I also have a full-time government job, however, I sort of look at my travel agent position as a full-time job too. I plan a great deal of educational trips for schools throughout the US, education meetings and travel for government and non-profit organizations, sorority/fraternity meetings/trips, family reunion trips, etc. I have been giving serious thought to quitting my government job and running my travel/meeting planning business full-time as my business has been growing, however, it is straight commission, and having worked for the government since 1994 (I started when I was in high school), I simply cannot fathom letting go of my guaranteed paycheck and benefits.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Totally understandable. I work for the state and the benefits are GREAT. I would have to be making some serious bank to give it up.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    I would love to go in business for myself. Just don't quite know what...?
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just started a business venture, hoping it to be a success! I'm a consultant for Bedroom Kandi Boutique Parties. This job is just a side street for me, I'm a semi-broke graduate student without a full-time job, so the revenue from sales will definitely suffice :-) ...until I start my career.