Introductions

Options

Replies

• coconutflower
    Options
    ❤Hi everyone

My name is Sarah and I am 5"2 and 108 pounds looking to get to 100 pounds (my lowest maintainable adult weight). I am trying to do this healthily - no starving no binging - and am currently participating in a 30 day yoga challenge to boot. I'd love to talk to more short girls out there so feel free to message or add me!
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! :) Nice to see a group for petite women. All of my friends are a lot taller, so even though their support is nice, there's still a bit of a disconnect. I'm at a MFP 1200 calorie limit, while theirs is at 1600-2000 limits. My goal loss is also smaller than theirs, but they don't understand I'll probably be working harder and longer to reach mine b/c it just doesn't come off!

SW: 147
    CW: 140
    GW: 125

I'm really trying to do this healthy. I changed my entire grocery shopping, meal planning, eating habits, etc. I'm also doing yoga/pilates videos every night. I need to get my bike fixed, and then I hope to add some daily miles to my regimen.

I'm hourglass shaped, or maybe pear. I have really, really, REALLY huge hips, thighs, and butt. I feel self conscious about them, so I'm hoping they'll slim as the pounds come off too!
  • balibali293
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad that I stumbled across this group! It's not just me then? I was starting to feel like everyone thought I was making excuses with the 'it's hard to lose weight when you are short' thing. As you put a bit of weight on and instantly go up a dress size *sigh*

I'm 5'2" and about 150lbs/68kgs, and I really need to get it back off. I had been a Vegan a year ago, but the introduced cheese and fish, which led to meat which led to mc donalds and kfc. Not good :(

So, I'm starting by cutting out the coffee and fizzy stuff. Fell free to add me if you want!
  • baustin33
    baustin33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm glad to find a group for those of us on the short side!
    I'm 5'1.75 or 5'2 to everyone but the docs. Been married a few years but no children so I decided I've got no excuses to put off getting in shape :D I was an active runner in high school with my friends and I've always wanted to run the Chicago Marathon so that is my non-scale goal.
    SW: 210 (before MFP)
    CW: 202
    GW:140
    UGW AKA (in muh dreams): 135

I live by lake Michigan and the community I'm in is quite active, that alone has inspired and motivated me to get moving. Here's to meeting our goals ladies & gents!
  • chelsea0709
    Options
    Hey!! Im Chelsea Im 4'11 and have been trying for so long to get to my pre baby weight! It is very rough though!

SW-167
    CW-157
    GW-109
  • lulecar
    lulecar Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 4'10 and the last 10 pounds is the hardest thing ever to lose. I read someone comment on here about how a few pounds when your short is a dress size...you are so correct. please feel free to add me !
  • ramasavage
    ramasavage Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and I'm so happy I found this group! :smile:

I'm new to MFP and being active and healthy in general. I've gradually gained weight since high school (just finished college), but I recently gained 10 lbs in a very short time!! I think it was due to poor food choices, no activity, high levels of stress, and my medications for mental illness. :ohwell:

But I decided that I'm tired of feeling self-conscious and guilty. So I'm making the change--the lifestyle change. I've never been much of a runner, but I really want to be. I'm going to work toward a 5K first and then move up from there. I also just finished Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred--gotta love that good time with Jillian! I hope I'll find lots of friends and support here!

SW - 148
    CW - 146
    UGW: 115

(Of course I have smaller goals in between, too.)
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and being active and healthy in general. I've gradually gained weight since high school (just finished college), but I recently gained 10 lbs in a very short time!! I think it was due to poor food choices, no activity, high levels of stress, and my medications for mental illness.

I also gained my weight in a short amount of time. I gained about 15 pounds from December to May. I was also on meds for depression, which I think aided in the weight gain and messed up my metabolism. I've been off them for 2 months now, so I hope with getting fit and healthy, I'll also rebuild my metabolism and also make a healthy mind :)
  • kcorcoran4
    Options
    Hello! I'm 33 years old, 5'1, 193 (sadface)...down about 2.5 pounds in the past week. I'm completely ashamed of how much weight I've gained in the past 8 years or so (depression, having a baby, lots of stress...). We would really like to have another baby in the next year, but I know that my weight caused a lot of complications with my last baby, as well as possibly causing a large baby (9.5 lbs)---I do not want to go through that again..and I want more energy to play with my kid(s)!

My goal is to get to 140...if I can get to 132, I'd be happy.. I know I'll never be the 110 pounds I was when I was 20!
  • tashhast
    tashhast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im new to this group. Ive been on myfitnesspal for about 5 months now :)
    I love hearing what other shorties are up to in terms of weight loss and diet and such.
    p.s I'm 5'1 !
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Selenity, I'm 5'3

Weight starting : 250lbs +
    Current Weight: 216 lbs
    Goal weight: 135
    Doctor's goal for me: 115
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    I'm Robert or Robby
    Married? NO
    Kids? NO
    Goal weight: 110
    Current weight: 200
    Height: 4'11
    Favorite exercise: TREDMIL
    Least favorite exercise: LAUNGES
    Pets? NO
    Calorie goal: 1500
    Special dietary needs: NONE
    How often do you work out? 5
    Current program you're using: CARDIO AND WEGHTS
    Best workout song: EYE OF TIGER
    Worst workout song: NONE
    In the gym or at home: IN THE GYM
    Outdoors or indoors: BOTH
    State you live in: MS
    Fastest mile: 10
    Heaviest lift: 350
    Favorite healthy food: CHICKEN
    Favorite naughty food: CHOCALTE

Joined Oct 2012
  • prettybutterflie
    Options
    Well, I feel slightly out of place here at 18 lol but I'm 4'10" and hoping to shed from 113 to 100 healthily. :smile:
  • bubble3147
    bubble3147 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,

I am new on MFP. I am a 31 years old french gir.
    5'2 and 120 lb, My goal is to get to 113...if I can get to 110, It will be wonderful.

I made a lot of diet, I can reach the weight but I have difficulties to maintain it (damned chocolate and pizza ! :(;) )! This time I hope it will be the right one!

Cheers
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 5`2.5", 123 lbs, and almost 46 years old. I also am very small boned (you should see my wrists and ankles!) I don't think of myself as small, really, but that is because my family, including my husband, are all pretty small also. (Except we adopted two children, and one of them is already a good bit taller than us all! Good for him!).

So glad to be here. I am sick of the message boards that bash small girls for having a small calorie goal, or for having a low goal weight! The average size and tall people just dont have a clue about what is normal for small folks. I even changed my profile picture recently so perhaps people could get a perspective on what small means (but because I am with all small people--even my kids are small in the picture because it is a couple of years old--it still doesnt give a true perspective!) So I am going to hang out here for a while until I can detox from some of the TALL attitudes!
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    HI my name is Kathryn
    I am passionate about getting leaner, my CW is 117 lbs. 23.3% bf (Tanita Scale) and 22% Navy formula.
    I am shooting for 15-20% all year around, that would probably get me to 110 lbs. or so.
    :flowerforyou:
  • notanaveragekid
    notanaveragekid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bambi, I'm 5'4 and 110lbs. I made a group for everyone who has tumblr blogs http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20789-tumblr-maniacs
  • sleepyyy
    sleepyyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 5'2 at 111(ish) lbs, hoping to get to 103 (I have a tiny asian frame, so its pretty normal) by Nov 1 for a bet. Nice to meet you all!
  • katrine_k25
    katrine_k25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5,0ft and 119lbs, 24 years. Want to go down to 100 lbs... have always strugled with my weight...
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi I m 5ft current weight is 115 lbs... Goal is 110 lbs and ultimate goal ,105 lbs :)