Here we go!

Options
luvmybeebees
luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
Hello everyone!

I would like this to be a place where we can all check in, as often or as little as you like, for motivation, support and just general friendship. We all know what we are supposed to be doing, but as you know, it doesn't always work out that way! :grumble:

We all have different wants and needs, different goals - and different ways that we work on them. I will put up a general exercise guideline in the beginning of the week - YOU decide if that works into your plan. If it does, great! If not, just tell us what you are doing and how that is working for you. I believe that sharing different exercises and ideas really helps because someone may never have thought of doing that exercise, or has questions about it.

The basic format I will be posting is this - strength on M, W, & F, cardio on T, Th, and Sat.

MONDAY - Full body
2 sets of 15:
Squats
Lunges
Tricep Dips
(Modified) Pushups
Superman
Bicycle crunches

TUESDAY -
20- 30 mins of cardio
(walking, running, videos, jumping jacks - anything that increases your heart rate)

WEDNESDAY - Arms
2 sets of 15:
Wood chops
Lawn mowers
Tricep Kickbacks
(Mod) Push ups
Swimmers Press
Alt Dumbell Curls

THURSDAY -
20-30 mins of ardio

FRIDAY - Abs
2 sets of 15:
Butterfly crunches
Windshield wipers
Toe Touches
Bridges
Planks (time yourself 2 times)

SATURDAY -
20-30 mins cardio
Try something new - a new video, an new exercise, or push yourself for a new distance/time!

:flowerforyou: Please introduce yourself, and tell us a little about yourself and your goals - short or long term.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sportiemom
    sportiemom Posts: 14
    Options
    Completed Monday's workout!

Hi! I'm Zorinna. I live in San Diego. I have 3 beautiful children! Two girls, 17 and 14 yrs old and I have one boy who is 7 years old! Still happily married for 19 years! I have been on MFP since Sept or Oct. Stopped a few months ago because got busy with my Dad who was having medical issues but he doing better now and finally finding some time for myself! - was doing very well up until February. I haven't checked but I think I gained back at least 8 pounds. My short term goal is to lose the pounds I gained back by mid August and then lose 10 more pounds by November. My long term goal is to get back in shape and feel healthier again. I want to have a flatter stomach by the end of the year! And today is the day I'm going back to eating better! Or should I say this after the 4th? LOL!! I'll do my best to maintain the amount I eat that day! Wish me luck! Looking forward to a successful July!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

My name is Cheryl. I live in Kentucky. I am 54 years old and married for 35 of those years. We have three grown children, 2 sons and a daughter, all married and in their own homes and two grandchildren. I've been overweight since early childhood and have yo-yo dieted since my early teens. In January, I discovered MFP and have lost 19.6 lbs so far. My weight is currently 167 and I would like to get down to 160 and then from there decide whether to lose more or maintain. My goal is to improve and preserve the quality of my life, not to look like a super model. I am loving this stage of my life. Every single moment is a gift.

Looking forward to our July challenge and giving and receiving support and encouragement.
  • jdubay
    jdubay Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am Jeremy, I have struggled with my weight for quite sometime. Played Basketball in college and just kept eating. I have an aweful time staying on track. I get committed and go a couple months lose weight and gain it all back. I am down thirteen now but I was down 34 at one point. i want to be able to keep moving with my three kids and wife.. I am currently 286.8 my goal weight is 230. so I have a long way to go. I look forward to helping and being helped along the way.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello again!

Monday check in - exercises done!

Also, I have a goal of 10 miles this week
    Sun - 1 mile
    Mon - 1.5 miles
    7.5 to go! :tongue:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Monday: workout done.
    It's Tuesday morning now and I'm feeling the workout which means that I have been slacking. It's good to be back on track.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Good morning!

Cheryl, I am feeling it too! My thighs are sore! I knew I hadn't worked out the way we used to, but I did the same workout last week and didn't feel like this! It must have been a weak try last week! lol!

We have a quite a few people who accepted the group invitation, so hopefully they will be triclikg in soon!

Have a wonderful day!
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jeremy, I have struggled with my weight for quite sometime. Played Basketball in college and just kept eating. I have an aweful time staying on track. I get committed and go a couple months lose weight and gain it all back. I am down thirteen now but I was down 34 at one point. i want to be able to keep moving with my three kids and wife.. I am currently 286.8 my goal weight is 230. so I have a long way to go. I look forward to helping and being helped along the way.

Welcome, Jeremy! I feel your pain about going up and down. I've been fighting the same 10 pounds for the last 4 months. Lose it, gain it, lose it, gain it. Currently just trying to focus on being consistent and taking one day at a time. Hang in there and you'll get to your goal!
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Noelle. Like most people here, I've been battling weight my entire life, even being 300+ lbs for a while. Now, after a lot of work, I'm closer to 200, but haven't been able to get below that barrier. The closest I got was around 202 in Feb, but have been struggling up and down since then. I've recently started bike commuting, which I think has helped my calorie burns a lot, but I've been slacking on the eating and tracking side. Hoping to get support from the group here to remain focused on the goal and to have some accountability.

My goal for July is to get to 205 lbs by the end (with a goal of loss or "no gain" for August). I also plan to ride 250 miles on my bike. I'll do the challenge exercises as I'm able, but my main focus will be to ride.

July 2011 Goals
    SW: 211
    GW: 205
    CW: 211
    BIKE: 5 of 250 miles
  • sportiemom
    sportiemom Posts: 14
    Options
    Completed Tuesday's workout. Did 30 mins of jogging in place while hanging out with my dog in the backyard since he hates being by himself in the backyard. Spoiled dog! Still working on eating better. Did well yesterday afternoon but by evening time, had left over 7 layer dip from a party the day before. Today, made sugar cookies and already ate 2. Need to eat better! Well, have to adjust my dinner for tonight and eat wiser.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Tuesday workout done : 26 minutes on the heavy punching bag and 223 calories burned. It may be a challenge brushing my hair in the morning :smile:
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Liz here from Minnesota. Glad to see some familiar pals (thanks for the invite Jackie!) & looking forward to meeting other MFP'ers. I'm married with a 10 yr old son, plus a golden retriever & cat. I work 20 hrs a week in natural resources, so I get to be active at work frequently. I've lost about 18 lbs since January and have about 10 to go. The last 10 is taking a while, and I need to step it up -- especially with food choices.
    Wed & Fri are my gym days, & I usually do weight machines (overhead press is my bane!) & cardio (the arc trainer is my favorite). I also work in other activities depending on schedule. My goal for July is to be ready to up weights for arm exercises. My nutrition goal is to increase my veggies.
    Exercise today was weeding at work for 3+ hours in hot/humid conditions. Going to the gym tomorrow!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    just on my way to work so ill pop back on l8r, my name is kirsty :bigsmile:
  • seeinglean
    seeinglean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Rebecca and am happy to be back seeing some familiar faces and some new ones. I joined MFP in December 2011 and it was the first chance I was able to lose weight for about ten years. I love Jackie's exercise plans and everybody has been wonderful on the threads. I have just been slacking off on the exercise but keeping the calories a little lower so I have lost some more weight. But I need to exercise as I have a full time job with a lot of sitting at my desk. I would like to lose maybe five pounds and maintain from there.

I have four children - one daughter who lives at home and commutes to college, two sons and another daughter. No grandchildren. My husband and I have been married 22 years. I am very blessed in my family life.
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wednesday exercises (gym day).

Here's a typical workout for me, but skipped hip adductor/abductor today. Today was 12 reps, 2 sets each of:
    - lat pulldown, 65 lbs
    - overhead press, 50 lbs (ugh! jell-o arms)
    - biceps curl, 35 lbs
    - that back of the arm thingy?, 85 lbs
    - pec fly, 50 lbs (went up today from 35)
    - abs, 65 lbs
    - leg press, 110 lbs

Also, about 40 min on the arc trainer. It's sort of like an elliptical crossed with a stair stepper.

Hope you all are having a great 4th!
    Liz
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Happy 4th of July!!

Yesterday I ran around my block twice ( a little walking here and there!), but it was SO hot!! I think it was 90 degrees...won't ever try that again! :noway: Next time I'll wait for it to cool off. I just wanted to get my run done so I could relax. LOL! Took me forever to cool off!

:tongue: I forgot to introduce myself!! My name is Jackie, and I have been on MFP since Jan of 2011, but not consistantly until July of last year. I have been married for 15 yrs (next week) and have 5 beautiful children - 4 girls and one boy stuck right in the middle! I also have a beautiful granddaughter.

I went on vacation the second week of June, and gained 5 lbs!! :grumble: And when I came back, I still seemed to be in vacation mode for the rest of June...so I decided to gather up some friends and start this group to get my butt in gear! I find I do so much better in a group/team setting where I can share my goals, accomplishments and hardships. So, thank you all for joining me!! :flowerforyou:

JULY GOALS -
    Lose 2 pounds
    Do SOMETHING healthwise every day
    Get back in the habit of drinking water:drinker:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    A Happy 4th to everyone!

My arm workout is done. I added one move to the routine. I don't know what it is called but we did it on a youtube video back in the May challenge and it was very challenging. You lay on you back on the floor, hold your arm straight up with weights in each hand and bend at the elbow down and back up. I did 2 sets of 15 of them. They still challenge me which means it hit a weakness in my arms that I need to work on. I also did a little bit of wii today, nothing too strenuous.

I have 454 calories left for supper so I will probably be going over a little, but not much. We'll see.
  • seeinglean
    seeinglean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After walking an hour plus I felt tired and dehydrated. Better now! Happy 4th to all!
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi and Happy 4th of July all! Hope it's a little cooler in your home than mine! I swam today, so I'm counting that as my workout and I hope to get on board tomorrow for a little bit more, hopefully it will cool down a bit! :).

I'm Beth, and my goal is currently to lose around 30 lbs. I am slowly but surely going back down, and now I plan to focus on my workouts this month and next month and start slowly building habits that allow me to eat a little bit better than I have been on a regular basis :).

Also, thank you for these wonderful workouts you've posted! I can't wait to get started on them tomorrow morning!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle and I've FINALLY decided to get back in shape. I used to really be into exercise (I walked 6-8 miles per day, gym, weights). Then I let life and laziness get in the way. It took 5 years, but I managed to pack on 28 very unwanted pounds. I'm going on a cruise in September and thought ok this is a good reason. Then I saw a pic from 2006 and thought, yeah I want to look like her again. Plus I would practically have a whole new wardrobe by being able to fit in my smaller clothes again!

So I decided to go for the long term goal (which is unusual for me) and try to lose 1 lb a week until Christmas. This site has been so helpful! I never realized how much I really ate until I started to track. It has made me VERY aware of everything I eat. I love seeing the progress. I'll admit I like the final analysis that says "If every day were like today....". I've lost 3.2 pounds since restarting this site again 2 weeks ago (apparently I signed up a year ago and managed to put on 10 lbs!). So good luck to everyone and don't hesitate to message me for support as I'm sure I'll do the same when I hit rough patches.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like this format! Sometimes it's nice to have a guide to simply follow.