Need Buddies for Support!

Options
a_vettestingray
a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster!

I am no stranger to fitness, as I am ex-military and current law enforcement. However, I have a propensity to "skinny fatness" as I age. I gained about 20lbs on my small frame a couple of years ago and felt really unhappy. I vowed to lose it and get back to the weight I was when I met my fiance. After I kicked soda and redbull (and cigarettes) to the curb, I lost 10lbs quickly. I also started to do some cardio a couple days a week. Then my weightloss stalled and I have been trying to get off the last 10lbs for over a year.

After realizing cardio wasn't doing anything, I wanted to add in some strength training. I started 30 Day Shred and loved how I could feel my body firm up. I followed that with Ripped in 30 and finished it last month. The scale didn't budge much (went down a couple of pounds, but then right back up to my normal weight). I wanted to get more involved in a strength program and picked up NROL4W and started it on 6 June. I am ready to do Stage 1, Workout 5A tomorrow.

Its getting a little hard to stick with it, as the scale hasn't moved, and my measurements have actually gone up since starting. I am waiting on calipers to come in the mail, because I really want to know my body fat%. Last time I got it measured, about a year ago, it was *gasp* 28%! I thought since I was a size 6 that I was pretty healthy, but I guess not! Hence, my realization that I was "skinny fat". Now, I don't really care about what my weight will be; my focus is just on lifting as heavy as I can and being as strong as I can be.

I would like to get some friends on MFP that are doing this program or another heavy lifting program for accountability and support!

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    hey there, I'm part way through Stage 1 you can add me if you like :)

I'm focusing on decreasing my BF% and not focusing on the scales as they haven't moved really in the last couple on months
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new rules! a word of warning. The scale may not move. YOu need to be ok with that. What you will get is stronger, firmer, reduce your body fat % and get into smaller pants :) best of luck to you.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am on the last couple of workouts next week for Stage 1! Add me!
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey, add me! I dropped from 26-24% bodyfat and I'm just beginning stage 3 of NR.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started on June 17th. I havent seen any movement either, but I am sticking with it. I can tell that I am getting stronger. My goal is too loose about 10lbs and lower my body fat. Feel free to add me.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am up to workout 5 and loving it!
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I would love to have some more friends on here and especially ones that are trying this out too! I've just started NRoL and I'm on workout A2 in stage 1. I am really loving it so far. Feel free to add me!
  • Bluemountain22
    Bluemountain22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 and just did 3b today. Anyone feel free to add, I've just added a few of you :)
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

I just jumped right in on the threads. Add me too please. I have S1WO3A tomorrow :)
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm slowly working through Stage 2, I'd love more NROL buddies :-)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm doing stage 1 day 3 tonight! Love it ! & would love some friends!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just started last Sunday 7/1. I'm doing 3 workouts per wk. This Sunday I'll be doing Stage 1 B2. I love this workout! I set my mind to Sunday, Tue, and Thurs with a Zumba class on Monday and Sat. I worked late on Thurs and started to talk myself out of hitting the gym on my way home. I let myself go on for about 1 min and then I thought "I set a schedule. For once I'm going to stick with it!" and I did! I was so happy when I left the gym!

Please add me. It would be great to have some support (and give support!) from friends at the same stage!