Season 2 - Episode 13 - Beside the Dying Fire (03/18/12) Sea

Options
12346»

Replies

• sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Now that I've watched it (I crashed at 9pm on Sunday night)...

Lori only seemed to get visibly upset after Rick said it was Carl to take Shane down. I'm hoping she's upset because of her child and what Carl had to do.

I'm surprised Carol didn't get eaten by a zombie, the way she was halfass running, arms flailing. I was on her side until this episode though. (Us Carols have to stick together.) But her wanting a "Man of Honor" really pissed me off. And her telling Daryl they're just holding him back. And then telling Rick to "do something." grrrr

Rick could have found a better way to break it to the group about his killing Shane. He's left out important details. Without all the facts, I don't see people understanding his reasoning the way they might if they had all the information.

I LOVE how Glenn stepped up and challenged Rick about it not being his call to make for the group. The look on his face was priceless...like all the puppy love for Rick has just vanished. And telling Maggie, finding a way to both be honest and calm her down at the same time. Touching.

But this Michonne character. I don't know anything about the comics. But this chick looks so badass. I foresee lots of lusting over her from myself. Daryl's mega hot, but I think I might have a new love...

I just don't get Lori at all. I agree with some of the others she may have not been in love with Rick anymore even before all this happened and that Shane already had feelings for her based on the conversation the two men had in the squad car at the beginning of the series.

I think that while the rest of the group might have been shocked, Herschel and Daryl seemed to already have a good idea of what was going down out there with Rick and Shane. Daryl found the walker that Shane had killed and knew he had lied to lure them all out to the woods...

Carol was pretty helpless and hopeless this episode. That man of honor crap was total sh@t and Daryl stood up for Rick immediately. MIchonne is mind blowing. Finally, someone for Daryl!! I hope they get together and don't get pitted against each other :) PLEASE let this happen!

I just started reading the graphic novels and am on the second one. And she is even worse in the books!

ps. Can they please feed her a sandwich so that she can start to look pregnant? Or did the whole farm (aka season) happen in a week?
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    LOL Yep even Lori's skinniness is annoying! She's a wafer!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Very accurate for a zombie apocalypse though, along with their dirty skin & greasy hair.
    I don't think she looks as bad as some people think, but she's definitely skinnier than when she was in Prison Break.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

Very accurate for a zombie apocalypse though, along with their dirty skin & greasy hair.
    I don't think she looks as bad as some people think, but she's definitely skinnier than when she was in Prison Break.

I totally loved her on Prison Break! You're right, she wasn't nearly that thin on that show.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I too loved Prison Break - I miss Wentworth Miller- he's so hot! Maybe he can get cast on this show?! lol
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It was an AMAZING season finale! I agree that Rick should have worded his killing of Shane differently but damn, the man hasn't slept in how long?!
    The only thing that really pisses me off is making us wait SEVEN months for season 3! That's cruel and unusual punishment!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    It was an AMAZING season finale! I agree that Rick should have worded his killing of Shane differently but damn, the man hasn't slept in how long?!
    The only thing that really pisses me off is making us wait SEVEN months for season 3! That's cruel and unusual punishment!!

i agree a lot of the issue was the way he said it but you are right he never sleeps lmao
    its going to be a long 7 months between that and waiting for american horror story i guess i need to just catch up on my grimm shows lmao
    Now that I've watched it (I crashed at 9pm on Sunday night)...

Lori only seemed to get visibly upset after Rick said it was Carl to take Shane down. I'm hoping she's upset because of her child and what Carl had to do.

I'm surprised Carol didn't get eaten by a zombie, the way she was halfass running, arms flailing. I was on her side until this episode though. (Us Carols have to stick together.) But her wanting a "Man of Honor" really pissed me off. And her telling Daryl they're just holding him back. And then telling Rick to "do something." grrrr

Rick could have found a better way to break it to the group about his killing Shane. He's left out important details. Without all the facts, I don't see people understanding his reasoning the way they might if they had all the information.

I LOVE how Glenn stepped up and challenged Rick about it not being his call to make for the group. The look on his face was priceless...like all the puppy love for Rick has just vanished. And telling Maggie, finding a way to both be honest and calm her down at the same time. Touching.

But this Michonne character. I don't know anything about the comics. But this chick looks so badass. I foresee lots of lusting over her from myself. Daryl's mega hot, but I think I might have a new love...

I just don't get Lori at all. I agree with some of the others she may have not been in love with Rick anymore even before all this happened and that Shane already had feelings for her based on the conversation the two men had in the squad car at the beginning of the series.

I think that while the rest of the group might have been shocked, Herschel and Daryl seemed to already have a good idea of what was going down out there with Rick and Shane. Daryl found the walker that Shane had killed and knew he had lied to lure them all out to the woods...

Carol was pretty helpless and hopeless this episode. That man of honor crap was total sh@t and Daryl stood up for Rick immediately. MIchonne is mind blowing. Finally, someone for Daryl!! I hope they get together and don't get pitted against each other :) PLEASE let this happen!
    [/quote

thats cause hershel and daryl are the only people there that can see past things and not believe everything people said to them lmao they knew shane was no good lmao

i def think shane loved her or had feelings for her before the apocalypse thats what my sister thought and i did to when we watched the 1st episode!

I also think Lori got more mad when he said carl was the one who shot shane (my sister thought it too) she never took her hands fully off him until then and her face turned white when he said that then took her hands off of him.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Rick probably broke it to them that way because they were all *****ing at him that they should go run off into the night, blah blah blah and he was like DAYUM! STFU! I'm keeping us safe! He should have flipped and told the whole story though. Shane was dangerous. Shane thinks the baby is his. Shane wants Lori and Carl to himself. Shane killed that kid (his name escapes me) and then his crazy *kitten* ran into a tree to make it look like he got punched. THEN he lured Rick into the woods to shoot him! How could anyone be pissed about that!?

I watched the episode again last night and Carol.....I just want to punch her! I'd rather have Jimmy on the show than Carol. Waste of space.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Towards the second to last episode, I was thinking that Shane was kind of accepting the fact that he would never have Lori and Carl, but I felt that it was after Lori talked to him that he flipped.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    Towards the second to last episode, I was thinking that Shane was kind of accepting the fact that he would never have Lori and Carl, but I felt that it was after Lori talked to him that he flipped.

I blame everything on lori! lol
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    loriworstmomaward.jpg
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    My question is...what if everyone would've just got up and left after Rick's big RICKTATORSHIP speech? I bet that dumb look he gets on his face would've came back instantly.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was not happy with the way it ended. I thought only 30 minutes had passed! For me, it just didn't read as a suspenseful ending. Plus, unlike the majority, I was definitely unhappy with Rick's speech. I couldn't stand Shane, and Rick turning into Shane is NOT a good character development. However, I think most of his speech stemmed from stress and guilt over Shane's death. He wasn't trying to convince them of Shane's duplicity; he was trying to convince himself. So, I'm giving him a lot of slack on that last speech.

The most worthless character is definitely Carol, like everyone has already stated. At no time has she ever done anything remarkable, with the tiny exception of saying she missed her vibrator in season 1, and bashing her dead husband's brains in. She's been not only worthless, but boring. I wish Dale had survived and she had been eaten. I loved him so much, and Rick could have really used Dale's support now. I think Hershel is also fairly worthless. I've never been a fan of his, and him wanting Rick to leave the highway when his own daughters were MIA pissed me off. "Rick, you need to take care of your son, but screw whatever has happened to my own daughters." Unlike Carl, they may be adults, but in that world, you'd think family would always come first, even over the man Hershel is clearly hero-worshipping. So I'm all about zombies eating Carol and Hershel.

I've been a huge Darryl fan for a long time now, and I like that he's supporting Rick. I really hope his character has more chances to grow. I also wish they'd develop T-Dogg's character. He was so special in season 1 with the whole conflict between him and Merl, then he's basically dropped off the radar. There is a triangle that still has a lot of room for growth. I still hope they bring back Merl; I loved to hate him.

As far as I'm concerned they can get rid of Carl anytime. I still blame him for Dale's death, and he acts too much like Shane. Lori... Not a hater like most, but wasn't happy with her this time either, though if my husband would have kept such a secret from me as the Jenner into, I would have been PISSED. She was still supportive of him until he told her about Shane, which he did badly, then ended with Carl being the one to put Shane down when he rose up again. She's also under a ton of stress, and clearly her dominant personality forced T-Dogg to go back, so I still don't see her as the wimp everyone else sees. She has flaws, but is much more likable than stupid Carol.

As for Andrea... I have hated her since her sister died, and she redeemed herself a little when she finally backed Dale, but this past episode, I was so rooting for her. She is tough, and I'm glad she made it. Maybe she and Darryl could become friendly? I know nothing about the Michonne character you've all mentioned, but I call the hooded character with chained zombies freaky! Hope she turns out to be on the humans' side, as most of you are saying.

Sad I have to wait so long for the series, but bought the first four books and will be doing some reading between now and then!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Andrea and Lori definitely have issues, I mean I know that Lori was mad at Andrea for not helping out with the "women's duties" and that seemed sort of sexist - like Andrea learning to shoot and defend herself/others was something ALL of the women should be doing, but weren't. You can't be wimpy around zombies, and unable to defend yourself = Carol. Otherwise you'll be eaten...not quite sure why Carol's narrowly escaped this?! lol
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Andrea and Lori definitely have issues, I mean I know that Lori was mad at Andrea for not helping out with the "women's duties" and that seemed sort of sexist - like Andrea learning to shoot and defend herself/others was something ALL of the women should be doing, but weren't. You can't be wimpy around zombies, and unable to defend yourself = Carol. Otherwise you'll be eaten...not quite sure why Carol's narrowly escaped this?! lol

I agree with this... I was wondering why the women (Lori/Carol) weren't training a little harder to defend themselves. Seems dumb individually and as a group to have such weak links.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I agree that everyone needs to be able to pull their own weight when it comes to defense. I was trying to remember if I had ever seen Carol holding a gun? NOT learning how to shoot a gun, swing a bat or use a bow and arrow seems kind of dumb to me regardless if your man or woman.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    I too loved Prison Break - I miss Wentworth Miller- he's so hot! Maybe he can get cast on this show?! lol

That would be AHMAZING!
    He got so fat in season four of PB! Glad he lost it all, I got a PB poster over my bed :laugh:
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    386379_131418620304567_100003092893710_152299_148767114_n.jpg
    This is my favourite Lori meme.
  • gorgore
    gorgore Posts: 5
    Options
    The only thing about all of this that I wished to see, was that much like in the webisodes, a two hour full length description of the actual 'day' itself, when everything went to hell. I watched all episodes and I still don't think they touched on what REALLY turned the world...
  • gorgore
    gorgore Posts: 5
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I remember saying to my friends that I would be cool with Carl getting bit and I am not at all thrilled with the two trained zombies with the missing arms at the end with the girl. If you think about it, thats TOO advanced. In reality, for the first 2 years the world would be to preoccupied with trying to survive, finding food, permanent shelter, finding loved ones, seeking medical help etc. to be able to train and make zombies adapt. What's up with that? If this involves a government program that is responsible for the apocolypse and they have been working on this for years, I can understand that. As far as T-Dog is concerned, I can see the producers downplaying certain characters because maybe their next on the menu, think about Sophia. Her role was all background the entire time. Shane was so out of control that we all knew that it was a matter of time for him anyway. The story that I would love to see? Remember the father and son in the first season? I want to see Rick finally make contact but in this case, the other little boy 'Carl' would be turned. I said this not because of a dislike for all 'Carl's' (lol) but because that kid had big eyes and I visualized him being a walker and how creepy he would end up looking.