One Thing you Like One Thing You Hate

Options
mbmorse1011
mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
Some of us are new to this 30 day shred stuff and some of us have done it before.

After a few days of doing it post your 1 thing you like and 1 thing you hate (yes for some of you it will be the WHOLE thing but pick one). We'll do our best to encourage and maybe even help you modify the things you hate because you'll be doing them for at least 10 days straight and we don't want you to be discouraged!

Replies

• VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hate the jumping jacks & jump rope combo. I love the butt kicks, I feel like I could do those forever.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I hate the pushups because I hate anything that requires me getting on my knees. I think I like all of the rest of it, including the jumping jacks, but that's after doing level one once. I might change my mind by day 10. :-D
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today was my 2nd attempt at level 1 (just getting some practice in before we "officially" start). 1 thing I hate would have to be the up and down from floor to standing- at my size I can't keep up and I'm always yelling at her to wait for me before she starts the next move! 1 thing I like (maybe not love, but I like it) is that she mixes up so many different moves and things that just when you feel you can't do any more of that specific move, it's time for the next one anyways. Just when I can't handle any more intense cardio, I get a breather with the toning part.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I've never done this workout before, so i'm not sure what i "hate" about it just yet. I do know that I love it's only 20 minutes. who can't do 20 minutes? that's nothing
  • inverseofmissy
    Options
    I couldn't do 20 mins! I tried yesterday and only made it to 13- but I'm significantly overweight and out of shape. Today was my first time in a month and a half of actually finishing a dvd workout I started :) I also love that it's only 20 mins though!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    ^Finishing the video workout sounds like a NSV to me!
  • mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I hate the push-ups and the front arm raises with the side lunge. I love the abs and that it's over in 20 minutes!
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I hate the push ups too, they're so early on that by the end of the whole thing my arms are like jelly just from the rest of the little things they have to do :grumble:

I do love that in 5 days of doing it I've collectively lost 7 inches from my neck/arms/waist/stomach/hips/thighs, just small differences for now but it's results all the same!
  • bnrose
    bnrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are the WORST! I'll be happy when I can make it through a 30 sec set without taking breaks! I love that its only 20 mind but you feel like it was a killer workout!
  • kittykat62
    kittykat62 Posts: 14
    Options
    Pushups are the worst! I like that when it seems I can't do one more set (of whatever she is making me do), she changes to something else. I wish she would tell me it's about to be over because sometimes I DO quit and then its only one more set which I probably could have done if I had known it was only one more! (does that make sense??) Also, it may be 20 minutes but dang, those are hard 20 minutes...at least right now! And my legs are KILLING me!!
  • inverseofmissy
    Options
    Oh I also love the chest flies- I feel like I get a chance to really catch my breath and I could do chest flies all day!
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i love that its only 20 minutes - surely i must be able to fit that into my day
    i also love the squat punches even though they make my legs ache and burn
    i hate and just cant do unless i'm holding onto something the butt kicks - i dont understand why i can do jumping jacks but find these so hard
    i'm going to really love the end result and the feeling of accomplishment if i do all 30 day :-D
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    I love chest flys, but I hate the jumping rope.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hate hearing her say the same thing over and over for 10 days straight but I love that it is less than a half hour and love the chest flies, i am a fan of laying on the floor and working my arms.. I also hate the side lunges with the arm raises, I always have to go with my lightest weight they are a killer for me.... But I am excite to go through it for the full 30 days..
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the DVD has an option for music only no commentary?
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I hate squats! I love the mix of cardio/strength and that it's only 20 minutes!

For the push ups, which I also hate, I have read up on wall push ups. They ARE easier and not as good as regular ones, but for those of us that can hardly do even one girlie one, maybe we could try that. At least it would be something and it does help to strengthen your arms and shoulders so that eventually you can do the girlie ones!
  • Shelleybonz
    Shelleybonz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love that it is only 20 minutes
    I like that it changes fast so if I hate something (see below) then I am not stuck doing it for a really long time, which is discouraging and makes me want to quit. I can handle doing something I hate if I know that it is only a minute or so that I have to do it. - must admit that it is a REALLY long minute though :/
    I hate the static lunges - one leg forward with bicep curl and I also hate the side lunges with arm raises, BUT I know that this is where I need the most work so I will learn to love them!!!!
  • inverseofmissy
    Options
    Thanks for the wall push up suggestions- I'm going to try that tonight. I can do about 4 or 5 girlie pushup but they aren't very deep ones at all. I also can't get up and down off the floor as fast as the girls on the dvd and get behind on the next move! Wall push-ups sound like a great modification for me for right now and will save me that time in between moves!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wall push up suggestions- I'm going to try that tonight. I can do about 4 or 5 girlie pushup but they aren't very deep ones at all. I also can't get up and down off the floor as fast as the girls on the dvd and get behind on the next move! Wall push-ups sound like a great modification for me for right now and will save me that time in between moves!

I tell you, I did them yesterday and my arms and shoulders are a bit sore. I google the correct way to do them and that helped! Good luck!
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I haaate the side lunges with the shoulder raises. But I love the chest flies.

I was surprised to catch myself doing a correct girl push up yesterday (I know, correct girl push up just sounds kinda lame...) but it was because I could feel my abs, and I was consciously thinking about pushing them to the ground, not just heaving myself up on my arms. Weird, but it helped. A friend sent me this link - http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/02/15/proper-push-up/ - it talks about proper form for push-ups, wall push-ups, etc. It was a good read.