Roll Call for 7/8/12 - Finished today's workout?

Options
newdayhasbegun
newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
This is a group for people doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with a start date on or near July 8, 2012.

We are here to support each other. For those who would like a little more accountability, it may be useful to check in and share with the group that you've finished the workout that you planned for today. Please share any other thoughts you have on the workout, including NSVs, observations, annoyances, surprises, effects on the other parts of your life, weights used, hardest sections, etc.

We look forward to seeing lots of completed workouts. We can do this!

Replies

• newdayhasbegun
    Options
    Hi all. I didn't know if there was already a roll call for today's workout, so I started one. Please let me know if I missed it (face palm).

I did Level 1 Day 1 today. Based on prior failed attempts at exercising, I know I have to do this first thing in the morning. I used 3 pounds weights and was very Anita-lite. I have bad knees so I do modify the jumping jacks and jumping rope by skipping rope while making extremely large circles with my hands.

Only 29 days to go. Wishing everyone good luck!
  • ajaUFrls
    ajaUFrls Posts: 4
    Options
    I finished Level 1 day 1 a little bit ago. 2 lb weights with a few 5 second breaks. Does anyone know how to track this under exercise?
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    I finished Level 1 today. I'm tracking it under circuit training, does anyone have a better way of tracking it?
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My plan was to do it first thing this morning.. But for some reason my 22 month old does not want to sleep in his crib so we all camped out in the living room last night (oh I pray tonight goes better), I even ate a banana for my pre workout energy snack, but then my husband said he was still going to church (son and I were staying home since he has a cold), so no workout for me this morning,. Going to try and get it in later. My husband said " do you really want to work out today?" my response.. Yes, I joined a group on MFP and I am not quitting on the first day... he supports me on my healthy lifestyle, but after last night wasn't sure I was really up for it..
  • BrenB150
    Options
    I finished Level 1 today. I'm tracking it under circuit training, does anyone have a better way of tracking it?

If you don't use a HRM I would track it as circuit training.. Circuit training consist of strength training and cardio, so that probably gives you the best calculation.. My HRM sayys I burn around 220ish for level 1, but everyone is different..
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 this morning using 5 lb. weights. It was TOUGH. My arms, shoulders, and back were already sore from adding weighted gloves to muay thai workout yesterday, so that didn't help. But I finished, I stopped quite a bit, but I kept up as much as I could. No excuses, we can do this, it's only 20 minutes.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 1, Level 1. I don't have weights since i hadn't made up my mind to do this until I found this group, so I improvised with things around the apartment. I'm picking up some weights today.
  • arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 Complete! I used 5 pound weights for most of the time but I did have to put them down for some of the exercises. Glad I got it done early today! Good job everybody :)
  • BrenB150
    Options
    Finished day 1! Yay! I had to do it with my son playing and every once in a while I had to run to the other room to check on him, but I was still moving.. Burned 216 calories for the 27 minutes per my HRM.
  • newdayhasbegun
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job, everybody, for figuring a way to get that workout in. You are doing this!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!! I'm done for today as well :D GO US!!
  • bnrose
    bnrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I got mine in during my kiddos morning nap! I alternated between 5 and 3lb weights whenever my arms were giving out on me! Its a tough workout, but I keep telling myself its only 20 mins!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Just finished! This is actually day two for me and I'll have a planned rest day tomorrow, so I'll be in sync with everyone on day 3. The whole workout leaves me feeling pretty good everywhere except my shoulders. I know they're going to get stronger, but I could only manage 10 girlie pushups in the first set and 5 in the second.
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday. I'm pretty sore in the legs, hams, and tushie from all the squats! Contemplating trying day 2 here in a few. I need to eat something though. I used 3 pound weights. Oh and my chest is sore from the flys!
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 1 Day 1 today with ten pound weights. I was able to get through the whole video with only stopping once for about fifteen seconds. Ripped in 30 definitely helped me with my endurance and strength.
  • 1nt2Lose
    1nt2Lose Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone! I actually started yesterday and did Ripped in 30 and 30 Day shred. Today I was sore but did 30 Day shred and ran 3 miles. I am SO sore now and know I won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow. :tongue:
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 1 Day 1 today with ten pound weights. I was able to get through the whole video with only stopping once for about fifteen seconds. Ripped in 30 definitely helped me with my endurance and strength.
    Amazing! I'm thinking of doing that one next and hoping 30 DS will help me with Ripped in 30!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Finished mine this morning using 5lb weights. I've tried it several times and made it up to day 20, then stopped. This time I'm gonna finish. I just wish I could do a real push-up! LOL
  • Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    done! Great feeling. Day 1 Level 1 with 2lb weights.