Do I need to wear my watch?

Options
Flissbo
Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
or do I just roughly count the rest periods in my head?? New and don't know how to start with all this lol! I've saved the spreadsheet and will photocopy the exercises. Guess then I should just go for it!! :noway:

Replies

• avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I take my phone with me in the gym and use the timer on it. I couldn't wear a watch and lift, it'd get in the way! And I have left my phone in the car by accident and had to count seconds, and it works, but sometimes I lose track when all the blood in my body is not in my head! lol
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I use Gymboss timer, but you can also use kitchen timers or a stop watch. I don't wear my watch to the gym.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    My gym has clocks everywhere but I use the wrist unit watch of my HRM..especially for planks. I need to see those seconds ticking away or I won't hold it the entire time. Also, the rest periods are more of a guide. THe author abandons them in later books. THe idea is to let your heart rate come back down and to come back at the next exercise strong. Stop catch your breath and when you feel ready move on. THis becomes important later when the workouts are 1.5hrs.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

Another question please.....how do you record the workouts in MFP?

thank you!!!!!!!