What time do you work out?

Options
peachyxoxoxo
peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
I have been doing my workouts after work and before dinner, around 6pm. But this week I have a midterm and a meeting in the evening that would push my Insanity time back to quite late. I'm thinking about switching to morning workouts, even if it means waking up at 5:30... what works best for you in your busy lives?

Replies

• GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I usually workout in the morning, around 8-9ish, it usually works out. I find working out in the evening harder, because you're so tired and stuff like that, but yeah. But I try to get the motivation to do it at like 5am, but I just don't feel that motivated to do that haha. how bout you guys?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing them about 8pm. But it's so hard to get the living room so I'm going to make sure I start at 6am to get it done!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I mainly do it at 6 a.m., but once last week I had to do it in the evening instead. I prefer to do it in the morning, so it gets done!
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    I do mine an hour to an hour and a half after I wake up. It varies since I'm on vacation. But if I wait too long, I lose energy, motivation, and feel yucky with the day's food sloshing.., no matter how long after I eat.

Kls, do you eat or drink before the 6am time? If so, what and how long before?
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    During the summer, I get up at 5:30, but during the school year I will be getting up at 3:00 am to do my work out. I need to be at work by 5:30 to get ready for the teaching day--first class is at 7:15... but I am out of there at 2:15 and work another job 2 days a week right after school. Call me crazy, but I sure hope I can do it during the school year. :fingers crossed:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    During the summer, I get up at 5:30, but during the school year I will be getting up at 3:00 am to do my work out. I need to be at work by 5:30 to get ready for the teaching day--first class is at 7:15... but I am out of there at 2:15 and work another job 2 days a week right after school. Call me crazy, but I sure hope I can do it during the school year. :fingers crossed:

Oh my! Good luck, that would certainly be a challenge for me!

Tomorrow will be my first 5:30am workout, hoping it goes well.
  • amadeleon
    amadeleon Posts: 6
    Options
    I workout during my children's naptime, so around 2-3 pm. It is long enough after lunch that I dont feel weighed down or tired, but still early enough that I still have some energy. In do run into problems though if I cant get them to sleep at the same time....
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I work the evening shift so usually in the AM
  • SGTflatfoot
    SGTflatfoot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The first week I did it in the evening before dinner, but last week I was on vacation so I did it around noon (couldn't do it earlier or I would have) to prepare for starting on early morning work outs this coming week. I feel like there are too many possible distractions in the evening that can get in the way so I would rather just get it done with in the mornings. We'll see how it goes, though! Week 3 starts tomorrow.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i try to do mine in the morning, because usually when i wait until evening time i'm less motivated to work out & try to come up with a million excuses not to
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi -- I typically roll out of bed, stretch, and start working out. I drink some water first because I'm usually thirsty, but don't typically eat before I work out unless I'm hungry, in which case I'll eat one cheese stick. Usually, though, it takes about an hour for my stomach to wake up and want food, which is perfect timing for after the workout is done.
  • rainbowcarrie
    rainbowcarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you that can work out regularly in the am. I already get up at 5 to get to work and I just don't have it in me. By the time my hectic schedule settles I don't get to Insanity until 9 or 10 at night (I am pretty tired by then). At least 3 days a week I also do Tae Kwon Do and kickboxing so it's hard to fit it all in! I somehow manage!