Roll Call for 7/9/12 - Finished today's workout?

Options
sharkweek
sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
I love the idea of a daily roll call thread, so I made today's. :)

I started my second 30DS at 6:45 before work, and it was really worth it. I'm not normally a morning workout person, but I feel so much better now! I picked up weights yesterday and used them today, just little two pound things, but it made a big difference to the workout. I'm looking forward to get strong enough to go up to 5lb weights.

How's everyone else doing?

Replies

• myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a daily roll call thread, so I made today's. :)

I started my second 30DS at 6:45 before work, and it was really worth it. I'm not normally a morning workout person, but I feel so much better now! I picked up weights yesterday and used them today, just little two pound things, but it made a big difference to the workout. I'm looking forward to get strong enough to go up to 5lb weights.

How's everyone else doing?

Thanks for making today's!! I was just logging in to do the same even though I haven't exercised yet. I love the idea, too!! I need to get 2 or 3 pound weights. I have 5 lbs but I am just not ready for them yet either.

Can't wait to pop my dvd in and show Jillian that her workout isn't so tough after all! ;)
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing the roll call! I went back and read yesterday's thread. So many people got their workout in! Congrats!

I, too, shredded this morning. I'm not a morning person either, but it's the best time for me for now.

I was sore from yesterday, but am glad to have Level 1, Day 2 done.

Happy shredding, everybody! Keep up the great work!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 as well! It was good, I just hope my knees can handle it since i'm doing another workout series along with this one. i did them back to back this morning, maybe i'll space them out and see how that works. 28 more days to go!! :happy:
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just finished! Take that Anita! Are we really suppose to believe that you are a beginner! lol
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    I did mine late late late last night, but I did it on Day 1, then first thing this morning! Day 2 is accomplished!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 6 this morning before work. I don't know if it's getting any easier, but I can see a difference already. I'm definitely more motivated. Keep at it, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3, and I woke up at 6:15 to get it done!
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    so i decided to get a head start and started my shred on saturday, today will be level 3 and i heavent done it as of yet but will soon get shredding

If i said i was planning to do the last 15 days of the shred at around 2 in the morning because im fasting durring the day time.....what would your reactions be??
  • arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 done!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started on Sat so today will be day 3. However I'm pretty sore in the thighs and glutes from the lunges and also in the chest from the flys. I'm wondering if I should rest or push through it later on today? What's your opinion??
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Finished level one, day one!
  • bnrose
    bnrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 2- Done!! I'm definitely sore tho! I've been wondering the same thing about rest days. I'll see how I press through the rest of the week and maybe rest Saturday.
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    I am on day 15 but have had to have a break after level 1 my collar bone was aching a bit. Loving the shred. My cardio ability is up so much. I am planning to restart shred if I finish before the end of July. Great to have support.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I started on Sat so today will be day 3. However I'm pretty sore in the thighs and glutes from the lunges and also in the chest from the flys. I'm wondering if I should rest or push through it later on today? What's your opinion??

I've read conflicting reports. I've seen many say that they've read/heard that Jillian Michaels said it wasn't meant to be done in 30 consecutive days. I haven't been able to find anything like that, though.

Personally, I pushed through on Day 3, because I just had muscle soreness, not pain. I was happier for having done it. But I say, use your best judgment. :)
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I haven't long finished mine. I tried upping my weights today as I was only using 2-3lbs and I'm on day 7, so ahead of everyone else. My arms are suffering!
  • cgarci50
    cgarci50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm on day 4 for me! I finished my 30DS for the day at around 7:40am. Keep it up everyone!!

Remember "Pain is Weakness leaving the Body!!!!"
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo :) GOOD JOB ALL!!

My trainer advised me not to do the shred after my workouts with her (so Mon/Wed/Fri I will be doing a different JM DVD it looks like) as she said we do an hour of shred like exercises and weights... soooo I did the 6 weeks 6 pack when I got home. Definately an exhilarating experience finishing that DVD ... I found it really tough :happy: BUT i finished it!
  • LuvSteno
    LuvSteno Posts: 24
    Options
    I just finished Day 4 Level 1 for me. I have also read conflicting things regarding rest days, but my hope is to push through all 30 days. I will not kick myself, though, if I do end up needing a rest day. It was really hard to workout on day 3 because of soreness, but today I was able to push through a little easier. Maybe getting stronger??? I even did regular push ups for the first time in I don't know how many years. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I meant I finished level one, day two!
  • prblmchild
    prblmchild Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just finished day one, level one. It's good to know I'll be 240 LBS lighter by the end of the month... because, you know, I'll be dead.

J/K - Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for the motivation!