Plans???

Options
My issue with weight loss is staying motivated and staying on task. I get distracted, tired, demotivated, you name it! Especially considering my metabolism is sluggish and it takes me an incredible amount of exercise in order to see progress despite my reducing calories to the bare minimum.

Im good however with short term goals and holding myself accountable to them. So in order to lose the ten pounds ive set my goal to 1200 net calories which includes 1500 food calorie and 120 minutes a day of exercise (which includes my walking of 3 miles a day). And hopefully other members here will help me to hold myself accountable.

So whats your plan??

Replies

• Emmarogers2008
    Options
    My plan is not to log exercise and stick to 1200 calories a day so i cannot eat back my calories, as although i do walk wherever possible that might be 5 miles one day and half a mile the next and i just don't have the time to do any other text book form of exercise (i am a full time carer for my partner so i do everything in and out of the house so time is a luxury i just don't have)
    Lets see if it works.
  • saalty1978
    Options
    My plan is to make it to the gym 3 to 4 days a week with a combo of cardio & strength. On the off days I will do at least 30 minutes of cardio and an ab routine. I am really planning on staying within my food calories of 1200 and with the net of exercise not to exceed 1500. I really just want to use exercise as a bonus to take off weight not as a reason to eat more food.
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started and haven't been doing any exercise - besides taking care of 2 boys, the house and gardens - so my exercise plan for this month is pretty simple compared to the rest of you.
    On nights that my husband is home, I'll take a 45 min walk with my dog. On nights he isn't home, I'll do 45 min on the elliptical. Hopefully that will be enough to start things off!
    Plus I'm hoping to find a exercise DVD that that I like. I live in a small town, so the nearest gym is a 20min drive away. And, I can't really afford a membership right now.
    My big exercise goal is to run a 5k next Mother's Day, so I want to start the C25K program in September.
  • thatTASHAgirl
    Options
    Have you visited the Beach Body site? There are many affordable dvds ( i wouldnt buy them from the site just use it to get ideas) for all types of people. I love Chalene Johnson and her turbo jam and weight training exercises. Fun, music. Plus if your boys have a wii or kinect there are great games that actually give a good workout. I find it hard to prioritize my exercise over my life so ive found that these things compliment my life and make me feel less bad about not going to the gym daily.
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dvd suggestions, I'll definitely check them out. We have a wii too and I was wondering about getting a wii fit board.
    Still not sure when I'll find the time, I'm new to the whole mom of 2 thing.... but I will find time!
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue with what's worked so far. Low carb eating and workout 5-6 x week. I alternate Chalene's Turbo Jam with 45 minute walks for my workouts.
  • txdistancerider
    Options
    Okay, I see this challenge "technically" started yesterday but I am still ok as I did workout yesterday and stay within my calorie goal.

My plans for this challenge are to workout 4 times per week and stay within my calorie goal each day. Also to get better about logging my food. I want to do this not only to lose weight but I really want to get fit...I am tired of being tired all the time and I know many of you can identify with that.

I belong to our city Rec Center and they have a nice workout facility there...just gotta be sure and schedule it in so I get it done. I WILL be logging my exercise as I want to see my progress. I too eventually want to start the couch to 5 k running program but right now I am SO out of shape I am just starting with walking 2 miles each workout...sometimes on the walking track, or sometimes on the treadmill.

I also get excercise when doing chores at the barn where I board my horse...and that I don't usually log...it's just extra. Yesterday I helped unload and stack a trailer load of hay...talk about some sweating there!

Okay guys...let's keep each other motivated...we can do this! :bigsmile:
  • brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my plan is to do my turbo fire schedule 6 days a week of intense cardio....plus make some bike! and eat 1200 calories a day!!
  • kyd007
    kyd007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i am going to start the 30 day shred today do it 4 days a week and the easy 5k the other 3 days.
    I found some free workouts on you tube with fitness blender and http://www.facebook.com/KeepItMovingFitness or http://www.youtube.com/user/KIMFitness

good luck everyone!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm in month 2 of TurboFire. And I am of course counting those calories. I am not burning as much doing TurboFire as I had hoped, so I may need to find a way to add in more cardio...
  • jc1115
    jc1115 Posts: 22
    Options
    My plan is to do boot camp 3 days a week and run 5 days a week. I need to log all my food and stay within my calorie budget. No excuses. :noway: