CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit frustrated. I've been having a hard time eating just my cut. First tried 15%, then went to just 10%, and finally as of yesterday, just decided to change my goals again and go back to TDEE. And I've been ravenous if I don't get all my TDEE calories. I was never really on a VLCD though beforehand and I started eating my TDEE since mid-April. Maybe I have my TDEE figured out all wrong???? I only have one more week before vacation, so I decided that am going to stay at TDEE until I leave. I won't have access to log in while I am away, so I will focus on trying my 15% cut again when I get back. But the good news is that I think I have lost 0.5" from my hips???? I'm not even sure of that though since know it's difficult to measure in the exact same spot everytime. Sorry, don't mean to complain.

I'm afraid that this is going to happen to me when I go to cut. I'm really enjoying eating at my TDEE. That being said, I still have some days where it's hard to make it all the way there. I think those are days when I've eating more filling, higher fiber foods. So perhaps that's something to look at? Also, what about starting with the smaller cut and then dropping the other 5% once you're feeling better eating at the 10% defecit?

When cutting we have to shift our eating a little, maybe once again shoot for a little more lower calorie foods, so yogurts cheeses lower fat content instead. Less nuts, maybe a big salad with lean chicken to eat more but less cals so you don't feel too deprived cutting...,and protein protein protein.

What they said above is me too...I am ready to start my CUT tomorrow but at the same time scared that I am going to be hungry b/c I am a little spoiled being able to eat food for once....But being a little hungry for a few days (like we were too stuffed before) is worth starting to FINALLY lose weight....So, my excitement outways the hunger I may feel...It's weird that when we started this we were complaining about being overly full and just a few short weeks later we are comfortable with it and scared to eat less...This too shall pass!! WE GOT THIS!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! I am ready that is for sure!!! :bigsmile:

Best of luck to ALL of us!!! Remember: CONSISTENCY and PATIENCE...We WILL get there...
    Plus we are ALL in this TOGETHER!!! :love:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm 4 days into my first week at 10% cut and I'm doing fine with the fewer calories. Granted, I've also been quite sick for 9 days now so I'm sure that helped as my appetite hasn't been terrific. Now that I've got antibiotics for the double ear and sinus infections, I'm finally starting to feel a little human again.

What I have done is increase my veggies, which is great. Filling, but fewer calories. I'm still hitting my macros pretty well, but I got spoiled with the number of carbs during reset. The other day I had oatmeal for breakfast and one cup of pasta for dinner and it put me over. Ooops. Relearning what makes a good day for hitting calories and each of the macros.

One thing I am certain about is that doing the reset really is the way to go! We've got this peeps!!:flowerforyou:
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips and encouragement! You all are the best on this forum!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I jsut thought i would update...i gained 1.7 kilos (3.74 pounds) during my reset. Im on day 4 of my cut now and have so far lost 1.1 kilos (2.42 pounds) so .... so far it seems to be working. I am doing a 10% cut and was 25 pounds from goal...early days yet but so far so good :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait to come join in two weeks... Im still amazed I have decided to stick it out for the 8 weeks
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    did 6 weeks reset at or above TDEE. I was bloated everything was tight and ended at a 5 lb gain.

After 3 weeks of 20% cut I have lost nothing! Zero zilch nada!

I started weight lifting again. I do look better. After upping my protein I feel better. I usually get to about 125 or so grams daily. Before I know I got less than half that. My clothes fit better.

but I am not losing anything at all. If this was a race, I would be dead last. Still up 5 lbs. Been there for 5 weeks now. Maybe I need to eat a bit more?

Hah! This is confusing me more than anything. I thought I had my numbers. I`ll stick with it for a 6 week period then I am taking a diet break. I`ll keep the exercise but eat more. If I lose weight then I will have to slap myself.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my cut today after 6 weeks reset. I'm up 4 lbs. With my reset but I suspect much of that is related to TON. Same with Lucia, I was planning on going longer but just haven't been hungry the last few days. Also I have a trip coming up and I need to fit into some clothes, lol. I do plan on eating at TDEE again around Octber/November, so I need to get a good couple months in of cutting. Here Goes...
  • autumnk921
    Options
    I am also starting my CUT today after a full 6wks of Reset...I gained around 4lbs but I think some of it is TOM...I am at 167.0 today...Starting with 15% CUT today...I can't wait to share with everyone my progress and hear about yours as well!! I am super excited!!! YAY!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    feeling bummed out today.. tempted to do 15% cut instead.. BuT I'm telling myself its only few days. 3rd day of cut.. I just need to hang in there... Anyone else feel that way today? :(
  • autumnk921
    Options
    feeling bummed out today.. tempted to do 15% cut instead.. BuT I'm telling myself its only few days. 3rd day of cut.. I just need to hang in there... Anyone else feel that way today? :(

Don't worry we ALL have those down days...I know I did and still do...UGH!!!

So, what amount of CUT are you doing? Not 15% b/c that is what you said you are thinking of going to...Also, how much weight are you still trying to lose? Are you close to goal?
  • missdimpley
    Options
    10% cut.. I was 154 when I started. I'm about 163lbs. I haven't check my weight a bit more than a week due to being out of town for funeral. Ate out everyday. So now I think I'm about 163lbs.. I started teh cut last Thursday, but went to chinese buffet on friday.. wrong choice, but now I'm back on this and been 3rd day at cut. I'm just feeling bumemd out due to my pants being tight.. I hate it. 15% seems like a great solution, but sometimes not because my body needs food to fuel the energy.

I want to be 140 in the past, but now I think I'll be ok with whatever my body wants at least I am fitting into pants/shirts as I want to fit into them. I'm wearing size 6 and small/med shirts.. but now size 6 is kinda tight...some fits ok.. sucks :(
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    did 6 weeks reset at or above TDEE. I was bloated everything was tight and ended at a 5 lb gain.

After 3 weeks of 20% cut I have lost nothing! Zero zilch nada!

I started weight lifting again. I do look better. After upping my protein I feel better. I usually get to about 125 or so grams daily. Before I know I got less than half that. My clothes fit better.

but I am not losing anything at all. If this was a race, I would be dead last. Still up 5 lbs. Been there for 5 weeks now. Maybe I need to eat a bit more?

Hah! This is confusing me more than anything. I thought I had my numbers. I`ll stick with it for a 6 week period then I am taking a diet break. I`ll keep the exercise but eat more. If I lose weight then I will have to slap myself.

Hey, Jess. I'm certainly no expert, but perhaps you went for too steep a cut. I think the max recommended is 15%. Maybe move up your calories to either 10% or 15% cut and see how it goes. And definitely hit your protein macro every day if you can. Hang in there, we can and will do this successfully TOGETHER!!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 week reset, and started my 10% cut today! I am looking forward to seeing how this works. Total I've gained about 8 lbs, but have lost inches in my chest and upper abs due to NROLFW. I'm very anxious to see this fat start melting off. I can see the muscles underneath of it!
  • autumnk921
    Options
    10% cut.. I was 154 when I started. I'm about 163lbs. I haven't check my weight a bit more than a week due to being out of town for funeral. Ate out everyday. So now I think I'm about 163lbs.. I started teh cut last Thursday, but went to chinese buffet on friday.. wrong choice, but now I'm back on this and been 3rd day at cut. I'm just feeling bumemd out due to my pants being tight.. I hate it. 15% seems like a great solution, but sometimes not because my body needs food to fuel the energy.

I want to be 140 in the past, but now I think I'll be ok with whatever my body wants at least I am fitting into pants/shirts as I want to fit into them. I'm wearing size 6 and small/med shirts.. but now size 6 is kinda tight...some fits ok.. sucks :(

If you feel better at 10% then that should be fine...When you are ready go to the 15% if you want to...One thing I am wondering as well is have you recalculated your numbers since going from 154 to 163 b/c you are supposed to redo your numbers for every 5lbs...So you would want to recalculate your numbers with the 163lbs weight (current weight at the time) to make sure that your figures are right...It may not be too much of a difference but it all adds up...So run your numbers again with your current weight and make sure to run them again for every 5lbs which is what is recommended...I hope this helps you some as well!!

ETA: I just read where you put that you were at 20% cut for 3wks and you are now at 10% cut....20% is when you have quite a bit to lose to reach goal...10% is if you don't have as much to lose or if you are coming from reset and 15% cut is too little for you at that time....15% is the recommended cut to be at for most people and I am not sure how long you have been at the 10% cut but you went from 20% to 10% which is a pretty big jump and you really need to give it more than 3wks at a time to let your body adjust to whatever cut you decide to do...So personally I would just go to 15% for at least 6-8wks and see how that goes and you can tweak it from there...I know why you started at the 20% but instead of jumping to 10% give the 15% a chance first...But the decision is yours to make though...Either way you decide to go just stick with it and remember to be CONSISTENT and have PATIENCE with this process...You CAN do this!! :)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    After a 6-week reset, I started my cut today. I'm trying a 15% cut, going from 2400 TDEE to 2050 calories. For the next 4 weeks, I'll lift 2x/wk and do HIIT 2-3x/wk, which is the same pattern I've been doing since beginning the reset. Then I'll reassess with a diet break and see if I need to do -10% instead. I gained 4 pounds on the reset, mostly in the middle since that's where I carry all my lovely weight. Of course I'd love to lose the pounds, but my goal since last fall has been to get rid of these love handles, so as long as I can reduce my inches in my midsection, I'll take whatever the scale spits out. So here... we... GO!!!!!! :drinker: I'll be checking back in with progress hopefully soon.
  • caseyj6206
    caseyj6206 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did 6 weeks eating at TDEE. Gained about 5 pounds, and definitely an inch or 2 here or there. I have on my fat suit at this point. I did a 10% cut for 3-4 days after eating TDEE because I was SO HUNGRY! But now 15% is doing me fine. Been eating my 15% cut for 4 days and have seen NO improvement. No inches lost, no weight lost. I was really hoping for SOME loss at this point, and looking through this thread it looks like most have seen improvement even a couple of days in... here's hoping that I lose some inches at some point... the fat suit isn't OK anymore now that I'm doing my cut! lol
  • missdimpley
    Options

If you feel better at 10% then that should be fine...When you are ready go to the 15% if you want to...One thing I am wondering as well is have you recalculated your numbers since going from 154 to 163 b/c you are supposed to redo your numbers for every 5lbs...So you would want to recalculate your numbers with the 163lbs weight (current weight at the time) to make sure that your figures are right...It may not be too much of a difference but it all adds up...So run your numbers again with your current weight and make sure to run them again for every 5lbs which is what is recommended...I hope this helps you some as well!!

ETA: I just read where you put that you were at 20% cut for 3wks and you are now at 10% cut....20% is when you have quite a bit to lose to reach goal...10% is if you don't have as much to lose or if you are coming from reset and 15% cut is too little for you at that time....15% is the recommended cut to be at for most people and I am not sure how long you have been at the 10% cut but you went from 20% to 10% which is a pretty big jump and you really need to give it more than 3wks at a time to let your body adjust to whatever cut you decide to do...So personally I would just go to 15% for at least 6-8wks and see how that goes and you can tweak it from there...I know why you started at the 20% but instead of jumping to 10% give the 15% a chance first...But the decision is yours to make though...Either way you decide to go just stick with it and remember to be CONSISTENT and have PATIENCE with this process...You CAN do this!! :)

Who ETA is for? I haven't done 20% :( I've been doing reset. no I did not re-set my numbers becaue i felt it was all water retention. I just don't want to increase numbers. lOL.... Well do I really have to?
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started my 10% cut on July 3rd...hasn't gone too well so far :grumble: Started okay on day 1 and 2 but then we went on a weekend getaway where we drove for 8 hrs, walked all day once there and ate out at every meal. Today I tried to eat at my cut again, but I was starving! Tomorrow is another day. Meanwhile, I caved (nothing fits right) and bought some larger shorts :sad:

Gotta keep trying!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Just popping in to say hi, and let you all know that I've been keeping my eyes on these threads (and trying my best not to bombard them with rambles, lol)

Just a few notes/suggestions for everyone:

1) YES, track your starting weight.

2) YES, track your measurements.

3) YES,YES,YES, take PICS!!! <<<<<this is THE most important YES. lol. I've found to be true for clients as well as myself that the pics will tell the story long before the other 2 will. Some people don't measure themselves in the same spot every time, so even the tape may not be as accurate. You need to SEE the progress, and if you're brave enough, SHOW others. They will be able to truthfully tell you if you need to "tweak" because something is not working, or "stay" because it is.

Many of you have seen, but for those who have NOT, here are pics from 8 weeks into my last cut when I was feeling like I was making NO progress. I was only eating at about a 7% deficit (too hungry to go any further :blushing: ), but the scale was laughing at me, and so was the tape. So I broke out the trusty old cam and started snapping to get a more complete picture of what was going on, so that I knew what to tweak, if necessary.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/31prvrbs/view/8-weeks-cut-progress-pics-258821

I find that clients who take pics are probably 3xs more likely to stick it out and see results, than those who don't. Take the pics in the same clothes, in the same location, and under the same circumstances every 4 weeks or so for best results (NOT the day after lifting, NOT after a weekend of sodium/carb mania, etc)

4) YES. Breathe, and continue to enjoy your journey. You've just started your cut, you still have a long, and ultimately fulfilling, journey ahead of you. This is STILL not the biggest loser. This is STILL the slower road. For those that are able, re-watch the "Fat Rambles pt 1 &2", and the "Losing weight slowly" vids for reminders and reassurance on WHY you are doing what you are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtQ9Ey8_2M&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=11&amp;feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_95HyC6bY&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=10&amp;feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvJDMi7KTk&amp;list=UUf8RfR03b9IrzNZWkp2HnfA&amp;index=8&amp;feature=plpp_video

5) YES, Continue to lean on one another and remind each other of YES 1-4 :flowerforyou:

6) YES, the new forum is live and active :bigsmile:, so feel free to post your questions over there (there's even a section for each person to have their own personal journal - I've already started mine!), so that you can better keep track of everything, without us needing 1235658 stickies here :laugh:

Forums.eatmore2weighless.com :wink:

Best wishes on your journey! :drinker:

Kiki
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Kiki!!!! Day 1 of CUT was rough for me and I ended up at TDEE. But, it's a new day, I can see where I failed and why, and I will do better today.