Working It Out

Options
It is too freaking hot to do much of anything in Texas. I am committed to doing a 2 mile bike ride per day, and to a set of indoor calisthenics, but outside of that, I'm not going to be much on the fitness side until the temperatures drop. Or, until I get the nerve to go to the new gym and start swimming again. I had so many bad experiences with other people's hair and bandaids, and that one giant spider, that I lost all desire to do laps for a long time.

What are you doing?

Replies

• lissaann22479
    Options
    It's pretty HOT here in South Carolina too, and I am trying my best to exercise indoors for the time being. I recently started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which I am starting to like a lot! I also use my treadmill , and I use my cardio fit machine. I look forward to cooler days so that I can get outside more!
  • lanelese
    lanelese Posts: 9
    Options
    Love it!
  • Shine73
    Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had a membership at 24 hour Fitness since June of last year, which is great for extreme weather. I go a bare minimum of 3 days per week with a goal to go 6 days a week (I've done it a few times, but mostly I average 3 to 4 times/week). I do cardio on the elliptical trainer, or recently started running on the treadmill and using the stair-master machine to change things up. Twice a week I do strength training either on weight lifting machines or with free-weights and a medicine ball or on one of those stability balls. Also, I like to do group exercise classes every so often so I don't get stuck in a rut. I've tried Zumba (love it, but it's difficult), Turbo Kick (a kickboxing type of class), and Spinning (group cycling class w/ music and instructor), and Yoga (the classes they have at the gym are a little more difficult than the relaxation/zen type of Yoga classes).

This week (Sunday) I tried a Boot Camp class which turned out to not only be great, but it was like 15 people having a personal training session together.