Week 3 Day 1

Options
So just did my week 3 day 1 workout; OUCH! If running for 3 minutes straight is hard, I'm scared for the actual 5k race. Really looking forward to seeing the progress I make with C25K!

Replies

• classictoaster
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm about to finish W4 tonight, and I was dying of the 3 min runs last week - now, running 5 minutes isn't that big of a deal. d: You'll see the difference soon!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm about to finish W4 tonight, and I was dying of the 3 min runs last week - now, running 5 minutes isn't that big of a deal. d: You'll see the difference soon!

Yup! This! You can do it!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just did W5D3 today- ran 20 minutes straight- i have NEVER run in my LIFE before- not even for gym class.......(50 yd dash and was always the slowest!!) Anyway.....the more you do the program- the more endurance you will gain! I am living proof!!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If today was super hard, then repeat it.

Im proud of you for getting this far, woman!! :drinker:
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i totally hear you, i am just going to do week3session3, so almost done this week. I cant even fathom the idea of being able to run 5 minutes straight last week without having to stop to catch my breath, and I dont even think i am running that fast (4mph)
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Yup! This! You can do it!

maybe it was the heat, but i found w5d1 easier than w4 and w3. keep going :smile:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The 3 minute runs killed me at first too! You'll get better! It was on Week 3 day 2 that I decided to just run and see how long I could go. The intervals were killing me. So I ran for 8 minutes straight!!! I haven't looked back since!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Doing Week 3 Day 2 tonight. I just keep telling myself it's only 3 minutes, I can do anything for 3 minutes, and then eventually it's only 2 minutes and I can do anything for 2 minutes, and then as I'm dying it's only 1 minute and really I can do anything for 1 minute - and then it's over and done and I'm still alive! :bigsmile: