Leslie Sansone July 2012 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    HI WALKERS! WELCOME EVERYONE! Never too late to join us! I am so excited to see so many old & new "faces"!

I was on vacation last week enjoying my granddaughter and the 4th - my favorite holiday. I am back at it again today though, have not worked out in 4 days and was I ever ready!

I tried my new Les - 4 Mile Power walk and hmmmm, not a huge fan of the power surges - it's jump rope and half jacks and then she does this twist jump thing that scared my knees to death - didn't go there - ha! I just can't do much high impact and that's what the power surges are in the 2 middle miles. It's ok - it also has 2 - 2 mile walks that I will try also. STILL - was great to workout and sweat and burn some cals. Have a great week everyone!

GOAL - 40 MILES
    SO FAR - 8 MILES
    LEFT TO GO - 32 MILES
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Last week - 8 miles; only two workouts completed.
    So far - 2 miles today

Happy Monday and Happy Walking!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    4 miles done today = 12 alltogether :)

Can I ask you all, do you JUST do leslie or do you mix it with other workouts? Has anyone had good results losing weight just doing Leslie? Only asking coz Ive hurt my knee!!!! Usually do other Jillian workouts but my knee was so sore when I tried Jillian yesterday. Its been ok tonight with Leslie but I didnt dare do the boosted walk!!
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi Kazala, I try to mix in other workouts. I used to do a lot of high intensity/high impact workouts like Turbo FIre, P90x, etc (and Jillian's - love her!) but have had knee problems on and off for many years. I always go back to Leslie when they flare up. I have now given up totally on the high impact workouts - my knees combined with my age (49) is just too much even though I love to do 'em! So for me, I try to mix up Leslie's dvds, with some outdoor walking, indoor biking, elliptical, and cardio/resistance dvds like Slim in 6 and Slim Series. For me personally, I just can't limit myself to just Leslie's dvds only...I get bored too easily and give up! That said, I am sure people have lost weight exclusively with her dvds!

Good luck with your knee - hope it's ok!! :flowerforyou:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Got 4 miles in today! (WATP Express 4 Mile Super Challenge) = 6 miles so far this week/14 miles so far this month
  • princessf1
    Options
    Got 4 miles in today! (WATP Express 4 Mile Super Challenge) = 6 miles so far this week/14 miles so far this month

I love this one Scoobees - my husband calls it 80's Leslie - LOL - I don't know, must be the hairdo.
  • princessf1
    Options
    4 miles done today = 12 alltogether :)

Can I ask you all, do you JUST do leslie or do you mix it with other workouts? Has anyone had good results losing weight just doing Leslie? Only asking coz Ive hurt my knee!!!! Usually do other Jillian workouts but my knee was so sore when I tried Jillian yesterday. Its been ok tonight with Leslie but I didnt dare do the boosted walk!!

I like to mix it up too even though I have 19 Leslie DVD's. I have Turbo Jam and several Jillian workouts but I think they aggravate my sciatica and my knees cannot take high impact. I have learned to modify a bit and am really trying to get some strength workouts in 2x a week. From May-October I go to water aerobics at the pool in our neighborhood. It's alot of fun - at 47, I am the "baby" of the group - ha! The ladies are well into their 60's and 70's and I hope I have half of their energy at that age.
    Take care of that knee! You don't want to hurt yourself and not be able to work out at all, I have seen that happen to several friends here. Keep walking! You will be rocking that wedding dress in no time!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I walked 4 miles today and 1 mile on Monday!
  • princessf1
    Options
    I walked 4 miles today and 1 mile on Monday!

Great job!
  • princessf1
    Options
    Did 2 miles today of the Just Walk - it was just the first and last mile of the 4 miler. LOL

GOAL - 40 MIles
    So Far - 10 Miles
    Left - 30 Miles

Keep up the awesome walking!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I did the one mile walk with 2lb wgts twice :)
  • Scoobees
    Options

I love this one Scoobees - my husband calls it 80's Leslie - LOL - I don't know, must be the hairdo.

That was hilarious! :laugh: I have a fewer older ones that fit that bill also!

3 miles today, I did Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms.
    July total = 17 miles

Gotta do something different tomorrow though; I could feel myself losing a little enthusiasm tonight.
    Great job everyone!!!
  • SoleDoctor08
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group!! I just started the Leslie Sansone Walk away the Pounds Ultimate Collection. It was $9 at Target this week. I've done 10 miles already this week, so hopefully I can log 40 miles this month. I do my walking after work. I wish I could do a few miles in the morning before work but my mattress holds me hostage.

Good luck all!!!
  • princessf1
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group!! I just started the Leslie Sansone Walk away the Pounds Ultimate Collection. It was $9 at Target this week. I've done 10 miles already this week, so hopefully I can log 40 miles this month. I do my walking after work. I wish I could do a few miles in the morning before work but my mattress holds me hostage.

Good luck all!!!

hi Welcome! Looking forward to walking with you!
  • princessf1
    Options
    TGIF!!!!

Did 3 miles + abs of Just Walk today.

Goal - 40 Miles
    So far - 13 miles
    Left to go - 27 Miles

Everybody is doing GREAT!!!! Have a great weekend! Keep on walkin!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey all, 3 miles done yesterday = 15 miles so far.

Thanks for all knee advice. It's a bit better. I realised it coincided with me running out of glucosamine supplements so I started them again yesterday. Haven't braved any jillian yet will stick to Leslie for now. Am going away to my parents for a week on Monday, am planning to introduce my mum & sister to Walking at Home too. There may be some new recruits next week :) x
  • Scoobees
    Options
    I've been feeling a bit yucky :sick: the last couple days and missed my workouts...today I managed to at least get in 30 min on the elliptical.

Have a great weekend everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I started walking with Leslie in April of this year and MFP very recently. I would love to join in the challenge :flowerforyou: . As I recorded my miles today I noticed that it was my 100th walk with Leslie. Now that turned out to be a good day to find this group :heart: .

I am 61 years old and my goal is to be fit and not become frail as I age. I have lost 8.8 pounds since I have started 'walking indoors' with the DVDs which includes the 2 pounds since joining MFP. I feel like I am getting stronger and my endurance is improving.

My # of challenge miles for the rest of the month will be 25 or more miles.

Today I did 4 miles (WATP Express 4 Mile Super Challenge).
    Thank you!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This morning I began my day with 2 inspirational miles (Walk the Walk).

Goal - 25 Miles
    So far - 6 miles

You all have a wonderful relaxing day today :heart:
  • princessf1
    Options
    Good Morning! Welcome new walkers and great job this week everybody!

I don't usually work out on Sundays but had a much needed rest day on the couch yesterday. It was nice, watched movies and relaxed for a change!

Felt stiff this morning so did 2 miles classic walk with the weight belt. Headed to the lake now for some bonus burn on the paddle boat!

GOAL - 40 Miles
    So Far - 15 Miles
    Left to go - 25 Miles

Have a great day and a super week!