Hi! Just joined this group today!

Options
Hi! My name is Rhio, (yes, like the DuranDuran song. Just spelled differently. ;) ) I'm 25. I was brought here after doing a search today for a 30 Day Shred support group. I see that it was started on the 8th, but better late than never, right?

I am trying to get back on the wagon again. I was doing the best I have ever done in my life sticking to a workout routine (Brazil Butt Lift and some other workouts I added) and eating healthy. It lasted almost 7 weeks- that is a big accomplishment for me!

However, after a few weekends in a row of being out of town visiting family, I have been WAAAY off track. I haven't gained much, but I am definitely getting soft and clothes are getting a little snug. :P

SOOO, I definitely need this support group! Today will be day 1 of the 30 Day Shred for me! I have done 17 of the 30 days back in November/December last year. It would be nice if I can actually COMPLETE a program! It's ridiculous...Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. I have done the same thing.. Started many of times but never completed the full 30 days.. I will this time cause of the support group.. You can do it!
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also started the 30 Day Shred before and only got to Level 1, Day 10, and then I got busy and quit. I started again this past Sunday, and hopefully I can finish since I have already done Ripped in 30. It is great to have a support group.
  • lick_broccoli
    Options
    Thank you! :) Yes, we can! Let's go!
  • rebsgee
    rebsgee Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group today after being spurred on by a friend. Started the 30 Day Shred 2 days ago and feel so motivated by everyone! We can all do this! :D
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Rhio! Just do what you can and keep checking in. It really helps. :)
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    YAY!! We love new people! We aren't much ahead of you.
  • Shelleybonz
    Shelleybonz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to stick with any program. Easy to make any excuse to get out of it, that is why we are here in this group too!!! The support and encouragement has been overwhelming! This is a wonderful group. Add me as a friend if you would like another cheerleader :)
  • lick_broccoli
    Options
    It is so hard to stick with any program. Easy to make any excuse to get out of it, that is why we are here in this group too!!! The support and encouragement has been overwhelming! This is a wonderful group. Add me as a friend if you would like another cheerleader :)

Added you! Thanks!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome

I totally relate. I am a teacher and of course on summer holiday !!! Yeah !!! My husband has been taking some classes for his job. That requires some out of town stays and since the children are out of school we have been tagging along extending the trips by a few days and enjoying mini vacations all summer. We have two more of the next few weeks then back to the classroom. Matter of fact we leave again this Saturday for New Orleans. I started 30D before and with those trips never finished. I did keep on exercising just didn't finish shred. I am more determined this time around and with this support group believe I will make it to the end.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome

I totally relate. I am a teacher and of course on summer holiday !!! Yeah !!! My husband has been taking some classes for his job. That requires some out of town stays and since the children are out of school we have been tagging along extending the trips by a few days and enjoying mini vacations all summer. We have two more of the next few weeks then back to the classroom. Matter of fact we leave again this Saturday for New Orleans. I started 30D before and with those trips never finished. I did keep on exercising just didn't finish shred. I am more determined this time around and with this support group believe I will make it to the end.

We are going on vacation next week for a week and half. I am planning on bringing the DVD with me and doing it on vacation. Is that an option for you. We are staying in a house so I can go to one of the room and run the DVD on my laptop. It is harder when you are at a hotel. But maybe your husband can take the kids to the pool while you squeeze your workout in? Just a thought!!