Great to Meet you all...where are you from?

Options
nikig7
nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
Hey guys,

Thanks to whoever set up the group...I hope it will soon be filled with folks from the Islands. It'll be great to know where everyone is from and maybe this could be a thread where we share a bit about our island, culture (food or otherwise)...a little e-tourism rite? (lol)

Anyway, I'm from Trinidad & Tobago....has anyone ever been here?

Replies

• Nica_1
    Nica_1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been there once. I am from Grenada, Trinidad neighbor.

My name is Nicole. I was weighing 130 before I had kids. then scaled up to 170, however I am down now to 154.....and exercises everyday morning and evening. My goal is to reach 120 - 125.
  • Mimsii
    Mimsii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going up the island chain...St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Hi everyone. Glad to be a part of this group.
  • BzeGyal
    BzeGyal Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Never been there before. I'm from Belize; Land of the free by the Carib Sea. Nice to meet you all and wishing you the best on this journey that we are on.
  • markjenny09
    markjenny09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think the additional "e-tourism" would be an awesome addition to this group. Spread the word to your friends so that this group can grow and we can share tips, culture, recipes, etc. Look forward to all the new info we will learn together. WELCOME!
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We should be called the CARICOM group :laugh:

I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and have lived in Jamaica, Barbados, Cayman so very much into this regional integration thing!

Thanks for inviting me to the group!
  • Shadom
    Shadom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Heya! I'm from Barbados. Glad to meet you all.:happy:
  • nikig7
    Options
    We should be called the CARICOM group :laugh:

I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and have lived in Jamaica, Barbados, Cayman so very much into this regional integration thing!

Thanks for inviting me to the group!

Cool! Nice to meet you! Do you still live in Trinidad?
  • nikig7
    Options
    So nice to meet all of you...I've been to a few Caribbean islands....Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Guyana and Suriname...one of my goals is to visit most/all of the islands...the Caribbean is just soo very BEAUTIFUL! It's a blessing to be born and to live in this part of the world :happy:
  • markjenny09
    Options
    I don't get it, What does CARICOM mean?
  • markjenny09
    Options
    I am from Haiti, family lived in Turks and Caicos for a while. That's about it. Most of my life in the U.S
  • nikig7
    Options
    I don't get it, What does CARICOM mean?

CARICOM means "Caribbean Community" and it's an organisation of about 15 Caribbean countries that come together to promote Caribbean integration and stuff...there are also Associate member countries and observers I think but there are 15 full member countries, both Haiti and Trinidad & Tobago are part of the group! :smile:
  • nikig7
    Options
    Going up the island chain...St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Hi everyone. Glad to be a part of this group.

St. Vincent is tiny but beautiful! Visited your Botanic Gardens once....really lovely...I also went to one of the Grenadine islands and the beach was lovely..but boy was it HOT!!! :noway:
  • Arlene_D
    Arlene_D Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm from Trinidad...it's great being part of this group..nice to meet you all
  • jannyross02
    Options
    hi my name is Janelle, and I'm from Trinidad. Arima to be exact.
  • nikig7
    Options
    Hey two more "Trinis"....nice to meet you guys...

Everyone please feel free to share your goals (weight loss, fitness etc) and maybe some tips on your journey so far?

My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds (yeah alot I know)....and I have had very little success with the scale so far but beginning to feel some "slight" changes in my body and my clothes...someone actually commented recently so maybe my body is changing...need to kick things up and get this weight off me though...not giving up nevertheless..I'll get there!
  • Mimsii
    Mimsii Posts: 3 Member
    Options

St. Vincent is tiny but beautiful! Visited your Botanic Gardens once....really lovely...I also went to one of the Grenadine islands and the beach was lovely..but boy was it HOT!!! :noway:

Glad you enjoyed it and yes it gets HOT! I lived in Trinidad for a while and it does tend to be cooler there. I hope you visit again!
  • nikig7
    Options
    :tongue: :happy:

Glad you enjoyed it and yes it gets HOT! I lived in Trinidad for a while and it does tend to be cooler there. I hope you visit again!

Cool that you've been to Trinidad...I probably will visit St. Vincent again...hopefully by that time I have a beach body right :happy:
  • Arlene_D
    Arlene_D Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Is it just me or does it appear that we Caribbean girls tend to lose weight a lot slower...I've just been comparing with our North American neighbours and they drop the pounds so quickly.
    Do you think it could be all our delicious "blue food" or are we just more laid back?
    What are your thoughts on this?
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi,
    Is it just me or does it appear that we Caribbean girls tend to lose weight a lot slower...I've just been comparing with our North American neighbours and they drop the pounds so quickly.
    Do you think it could be all our delicious "blue food" or are we just more laid back?
    What are your thoughts on this?
    I think it's our delicious food that is holding us back. Our food is filled with CABS.
  • nikig7
    Options
    Hmmm...interesting observation...maybe it's a combination? But I think our food definitely has something to do with it...we have grown up with alot of "heavier" foods...and so TASTY!!! Not sure about anyone else, but I also grew up eating just about anything for breakfast or dinner...including leftover FOOD from the night before! So...it takes alot of adjusting...I know that I have no intention of completely giving up all the lovely things that we enjoy here in Trinidad but I know that, in order to lose weight I have no choice but to "regulate" some of my choices and portions...:sad: