July 9 - July 15

Options

Replies

• jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    I am so nervous... I hope I can keep up with you guys. :)

Mommasox,

Don't be nervous and don't worry about keeping up. Do what you can. We look forward to hearing about your accomplishments!!

J
  • KimGibbs20
    KimGibbs20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just saw your group and decided this might be the encouragement I need to tackle this 5K. I started today and walked and jogged at lunch today for 45 minutes !!! Day one down :)
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done!! Great feeling afterwards :)

Got some running leggings and a woman on the street made a comment about my size but she was way behind me within seconds as I ran past her ;) won't let people like that get me down!

Hope everyone else's first day went well too! :D
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options

Got some running leggings and a woman on the street made a comment about my size but she was way behind me within seconds as I ran past her ;) won't let people like that get me down!

Some people are so rude. I'm glad you didn't let it get to you. Way to get W1D1 done! :)
  • jsunshine220
    Options

Wow...some people!! It doesn't matter what people say. I'm glad you kept moving right on past her!! WTG for W1D1!!!

J
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options

Wow - I just finished my first day and spent the entire time waiting for a comment like that!!! : ) I kept feeling grateful every time I passed people and it didn't happen. But I guess it's bound to sooner or later - there's a bad apple in every bunch. Way to go for you for not letting it faze you and YAHOO we have started this thing!!! High five.
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hi Vegadu,

Glad you completed your first day and have gotten the party started!!! LOL :drinker:

Here's to moving forward!!!!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the others who have completed Day 1 :) I just finished as well and did surprisingly better than I thought I was going to do.

Great job everyone!! :)
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down. It went very well, it looks like it did for others as well. :bigsmile:

Wednesday will be good too. I am so excited and thankful for all of the positive people participating in the program. Yay us!
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started the C25K program a few weeks ago with my boyfriend. We repeated week 2 because life got in the way but just finished Week 2 Day 3 tonight. I am so happy I found this group because I definitely need all the support I can get! I find that I am much slower than he is. He grew up playing soccer and other sports and I have never been very athletic. However, I'm not letting it bother me and am going at my own pace. It's a struggle but I can do it! :happy:

I'm looking forward to beginning this journey with all of you!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started the C25K program a few weeks ago with my boyfriend. We repeated week 2 because life got in the way but just finished Week 2 Day 3 tonight. I am so happy I found this group because I definitely need all the support I can get! I find that I am much slower than he is. He grew up playing soccer and other sports and I have never been very athletic. However, I'm not letting it bother me and am going at my own pace. It's a struggle but I can do it! :happy:

I'm looking forward to beginning this journey with all of you!

I started W1D1 on Monday with my boyfriend, and we discovered he has a completely different pace to me! Apart from him actually being my goal weight, he has much longer legs than me so naturally has a longer stride so moves faster. We tried to think of a few ways to stay running together but it looks like I'll just have to let him bounce off at his own pace - and it won't bother me as I get to run behind and enjoy the view! ;)

W1D2 tonight! Let's do it!!
  • farfalla_rosa
    farfalla_rosa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just joined today but there is enough days to catch up with you all so I'm going to try.

I've always wanted to be a runner!
  • momof2sparrows
    momof2sparrows Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I kicked started it today even without my App (I will retrieve my Ipod this weekend). I thought I remembered week 1 being 5 min warm up, 1 min run/1.5 min walk for 20 min, and then 5 minute cool down. Anyway that is what I did! I will have my App back from my run on Friday!

I am so excited to have a group to support me and I am going to look into that Color Run!
  • snarkymom72
    snarkymom72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Completed W1/D1 today. Woo Hoo!
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I kicked started it today even without my App (I will retrieve my Ipod this weekend). I thought I remembered week 1 being 5 min warm up, 1 min run/1.5 min walk for 20 min, and then 5 minute cool down. Anyway that is what I did! I will have my App back from my run on Friday!

I am so excited to have a group to support me and I am going to look into that Color Run!

That is the timing for week 1! Way to go! Doesn't the Color Run look fun! :bigsmile:
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I was less than motivated to for C25K today, but nevertheless, I did it. I thought I was going to die until the voice came over my headphone and said that I was on my last cycle. I was so excited. I was never so glad to hear the words cool down in my life! I finished though and I am so proud! I hope everyone else did well today.
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hi all. I was less than motivated to for C25K today, but nevertheless, I did it. I thought I was going to die until the voice came over my headphone and said that I was on my last cycle. I was so excited. I was never so glad to hear the words cool down in my life! I finished though and I am so proud! I hope everyone else did well today.

Glad you made it. Some days are hard if you aren't motivated. I keep telling myself....just get to the gym....because I know that once I get there, I'M GOING TO KICK BUTT!!! All you got to do is get there!!!

Keep moving!!!! :drinker:

J
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Millyross - What he ends up doing now is during the walking portions he turns around and walks back to meet me so we can walk together. I'm not sure what we are going to do when there is less walking but we both have head phones in anyway and don't talk much so it will work out fine.

Finished W3 D1 tonight. I was really worried about the running for 3 minutes straight but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I find I really struggle with my breathing though. Does anyone else struggle with this? I've been reading up on proper running form and breathing and I read that side stitches are common with new runners because they tend to take short, shallow chest breaths instead of deep stomach breaths. I find it difficult to take deep breaths so that is definitely something I have to consciously practice and work on.

Keep up the great work everyone! :smile:
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Millyross - What he ends up doing now is during the walking portions he turns around and walks back to meet me so we can walk together. I'm not sure what we are going to do when there is less walking but we both have head phones in anyway and don't talk much so it will work out fine.

Finished W3 D1 tonight. I was really worried about the running for 3 minutes straight but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I find I really struggle with my breathing though. Does anyone else struggle with this? I've been reading up on proper running form and breathing and I read that side stitches are common with new runners because they tend to take short, shallow chest breaths instead of deep stomach breaths. I find it difficult to take deep breaths so that is definitely something I have to consciously practice and work on.

Keep up the great work everyone! :smile:

Hi!! Glad that you were able to to complete W3D1.

I used to struggle with my breathing but, after much practice, I now have my breathing controlled. Now, when I'm tired after running, it's because of the workout and not because I'm out of breath. (That makes a BIG difference) Keep working on trying to take the deep breaths. Eventually, it will become easier and you will notice the difference it makes.

Happy trails!!

J
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options
    Phewsh. Ok - finished Week 1, Day 3! : ) Discovered it's a lot easier to run in the morning.

Is this the right thread for posting these things? There seem to be several threads open to us.

Have a great second week everybody!