New to the group

Options
Alrighty then....my weight has been a bone of contention with me for some time...lose the weight, gain it back, lose the weight, gain it back...this time, with all of you, I am going to lose it and keep it off!!...Good luck to everyone, we all need it.!!

Replies

• raylene326
    Options
    I am right there with you! after having my twins I am just up and down with my weight. I want to lose it for good this time!
    good luck!
  • OTasha76
    OTasha76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I can handle 1 pound a week. I love going for a brisk walk every night.:love:
  • jazmyn123
    jazmyn123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I am ready to do this 1 pound a week ,weight have been up and down

Good Luck to all :glasses:
  • sportyshorty86
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and am wanting help to drop this 1 lb a week! I don't exercise much because I have a baby and it's a lot harder to work out than thought. though I do some walking which is what I can do for now, but I am trying to eat as healthy as I can. I want to lose this baby fat and some. ! Please add me and keep me going! :)
  • lanelese
    lanelese Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome! sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Ha! I lose 20, gain 10. I'm working on just losing 1 at a time, and gaining back none.
  • lanelese
    lanelese Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and am wanting help to drop this 1 lb a week! I don't exercise much because I have a baby and it's a lot harder to work out than thought. though I do some walking which is what I can do for now, but I am trying to eat as healthy as I can. I want to lose this baby fat and some. ! Please add me and keep me going! :)

With a new baby, be very gentle with yourself. Make sure you are eating enough to keep up with the demands of your time. I highly recommend small, high protein meals throughout the day, being sure you get enough good fats and carbs to keep you going. I know that when my son was a baby, I was often too tired to exercise! So, I would carry him around the block for a walk, or I would use him as a "free weight" and work out my arms by lifting him up and down and making him laugh. Babies as workout equipment--there should be a gym for that.
  • Shine73
    Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sunshine. I've been working hard at getting regular exercise into my life since June 3rd of last year, and watching what I eat, trying to improve my cholesterol numbers and halt the fact that I was heading into pre-diabetes based on some screening numbers I received in late 2010. So far I'm down over 22 lbs, and have built muscle in the process as well, and have gone down two sizes as a result. I have been really having trouble continuing to lose since April, losing 3 lbs one week only to gain them back the next week, and lose them the following. I'm trying not to lose sight of my big goal, but I also don't want to focus on the big goal and feel overwhelmed and unable to accomplish it.

I have a couple of goals, one is to lose 32 more lbs to save more on my health insurance. Yes, that sounds silly, but it was what got me motivated in the first place. Then, I will have another 30 to lose to reach my ultimate goal. If I stick with the 1 lb a week goal, I can meet my ultimate goal in a little over a year. That sounds pretty awesome to me.

Right now I'm stepping up my exercise, because I allowed other things to get in the way of that (I have been busier than usual, because I have been coordinating repairs on a rental property and trying to screen new tenants for the past couple of months).

I'm really glad this group has been created, so thank you, Lane! I think this will be helpful in staying on track.
  • Shine73
    Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, this group has 69 members! How amazing is that?!
  • dani_50
    dani_50 Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds!! several years back but 10 have sneaked back in. I (We) can do 1-pound a week! Let "I love to workout" become my mantra! See ya this time next week:flowerforyou:
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i am still working on mine everyday..so i understand
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I didn't exercise Monday or Tuesday. I weighed in today and lost 1 lb. from last Wednesday though. 187 lbs down to 186 lbs. I'm going to log off and do a 30 minute Weight Watchers moderate level aerobic workout. It's a great DVD that I bought about 2008. I've got the routine down pat, and it helps me to keep in shape and drop those extra pounds.

Have a great day everyone!
  • OTasha76
    OTasha76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since joining the group I have lost 2 pounds. I have been watching what I eat and portion control. I need to make it to the gym. I am a work in progress.:wink: