C25K and Early Pregnancy

Options
lovekohl
lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
I'm just starting week 3 of the C25K and while I'm not pregnant yet, I'm hoping to be soon. Does anyone know about or have experience with the C25K program and pregnancy? I've always heard that you can continue your pre-pregnancy level of activity into pregnancy, but I'm not sure if that applies here since the C25K is increasing in intensity and I wasn't very active pre-C25K. Of course, I'll ask my doc when I see her but if anyone has any insight to share in the mean time, I would be grateful. Thanks!

Replies

• darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, it is just like you say. if you already run when you get pregnant, you can continue running at the same level (meaning: don't increase your mileage or do speed work).

If you're not already running, then don't start.

Obviously, CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST! I can't give you any better advice than that!
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant but I keep spotting and am beginning to deal with some cramping. I am on week 6 day 2 of the C25K + I jog in-between. I am no longer going to place that amount of stress on my body because I do not want to miscarry. I would say do NOT do the program once you become pregnant, however I am not an OB/GYN either. It just is not working out well for me and I wish I would have taken a pregnancy test earlier and quit running, or I may not be having the problems I currently am facing.