BMF vs FtiBit?

Options
2»

Replies

• tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/547567-my-comparison-fitbit-ultra-vs-bodymedia-fit-core

If the link above works, it is a thorough comparison of both devices by a MFP member. I bought my fitbit after reading it.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Just time your cycling, and either enter "cycling" with your time and distance, or "stationary bike" with your time and intensity, and it will adjust your stats accordingly.
    Wow, how awesome is this: I was going to post this very thing just now and the question and answers were already here!

I think I'll get a fitbit...I like the idea of more bells and whistles, but it sounds like a fitbit will give me the general idea of where I am on a daily basis and if it is close to reality.

One question: I use the exercise bike at the gym...will the fitbit track that, or will it think I'm just sitting still?
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow, how awesome is this: I was going to post this very thing just now and the question and answers were already here!

I think I'll get a fitbit...I like the idea of more bells and whistles, but it sounds like a fitbit will give me the general idea of where I am on a daily basis and if it is close to reality.

One question: I use the exercise bike at the gym...will the fitbit track that, or will it think I'm just sitting still?

No, the fitbit does not do well with cycling. You will need to either use a HRM and input the data as exercise here on MFP. Enter the type of exercise, the time started and the duration along with the calorie burn if you know it from using a HRM.

Good to know...because I hate the treadmill and the elliptical nearly kills me.