Gamers Dating Gamers

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on WoW. My guild fell apart, so a friend of mine invited me to his guild. My boyfriend was the GM/raid leader. I was pretty intimidated by him because he was so hot/awesome and really, really good at the game. The first time he spoke to me on Vent, I thought I was going to die.

I needed help with my toon since I was a new 80, so we started chatting, and he logged onto all of his level 80 alts to help gear me up, give me some gems/enchants, and so on. It was a makeover right in the middle of Dalaran. :) We laughed about that for a bit, and then he asked if I had a MySpace (he didn't have FB yet). Once we traded MySpace links, we started stalking each other without the other knowing it. That went on for about a year, but we didn't want to date because of the distance (and we'd both had it with relationships). We were totally happy being friends and staying single.

We started dating a year later (January 2010). He moved from New Mexico to Michigan in June 2011. We still play WoW, Diablo, and other games together. He's trying to get me into Star Wars, but I don't need another time-sink. ;)

Awwww that's cute! :heart:
  • Soadrokr
    Soadrokr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I actually started getting to know my boyfriend because of Wow. He was the security guard at my work, one day he started chatting with me when i was leaving work and happened to ask what I was going to do that night. I told him that I was just going home to play Wow and as it turned out he played wow too. I didn't even give him my phone number at first, instead i gave him my wow character name and server. Now almost three years later we are living together and doing great. :)
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My husband's a gamer too, but our taste in games is somewhat different. He likes shooters and RPGs, whereas I like MMOs. Also, he's more science fiction, and I'm more fantasy. We played City of Heroes for years together. We also played WoW and Warhammer but had to quit because the PvP just got us so pissed off (anger management issues?). Now we play Star Wars: The Old Republic and Diablo III together. I just don't have the hand-eye coordination to play shooters.

I like gaming with him because it allows us to spend time together having fun. Even when we're not playing together, we don't resent the time in the game (neither of us is a nagger, thank goodness). We balance life with play. I'm looking forward to when our son can play with us.

I don't think I could ever have a relationship with a mundane. Gaming I could take or leave, but only a geek would really get me.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both gamers, and we had a fantastic date tonight that consisted of going out for dinner and talking about Dragon Age, haha. It seems to be working out fairly well ;)
  • qristina
    qristina Posts: 16
    Options
    My husband was the tank in my guild!

We met on WoW and two years later we got married! It's been awesome! We are both avid gamers!

Haha, this pretty much sums up my life, too. =)
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gamer girls are hot :P
  • xSinfulUndeadx
    Options
    LOL. I'm married to a Gamer. Happily married for almost 3 years now. So yes it's working out for me. I used to not be a gamer. I never even played Xbox until we started dating. I actually like video games now and play them sometimes. I even have my own Xbox. But I have a lot of other interests too. It can get annoying sometimes when he wants to play his games for a long time. ( Though I don't care if we are playing together) But then again it's only fair that I let him because it is one of his hobbies. Like shopping is for me and he has to suffer through hours at the mall. :) Haha.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gaming is such a huge part of my life. I couldn't be with someone who didn't share that. My husband and I are both avid gamers who've been gaming since we could hold a controller. We both like similar games--RPG, Sim, Tactical--but I'm more into jRPGs and he's more into Blizzard games. But we both "get" playing games for 12+ hours straight.

I think it's also important that you're on the same page with the non-gaming and level of cleanliness. I like a tidy home and being generally clean. I couldn't date a guy that didn't understand that you can't throw your dirty clothes in a pile and then pick it out a week later and not expect to smell sour and disgusting.

We've also both worked in the same game studio on the same game, as coworkers, him as my "boss", and it's not weird. We just get along really well in all aspects. Going on 10 years together.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    seriously getting jelly of all you married gamers
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am currently engaged to a game, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing is better than teaming up with her and slaughtering zombies. Of course, we have a plethora of things in common other than games. I could definitely see a relationship not working out if the only the connection the two parties have is the love of video games.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    I am currently engaged to a game, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing is better than teaming up with her and slaughtering zombies. Of course, we have a plethora of things in common other than games. I could definitely see a relationship not working out if the only the connection the two parties have is the love of video games.

uh did you mean game or gameR?

i'm gonna guess gamer ;)

video games never treat you badly though.
  • Permbaby
    Options
    Oops! You caught me. I'm engaged to a Japanese Dating Sim. XD
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My fiance is a gamer through and through. He loves 3rd person shooters and FPS (PS3) while I love RPGs (Mass Effect is my FAVOURITE series) and zombie/post apocalyptic games (PC). I have always been a little bit of a gamer since I was a kid, but since meeting him I have gotten into it more.
  • Exill
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read your typo, haha.
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever dated someone who wasn't a gamer. My boyfriend and I play everything together - I'm his pocket healer :laugh:

What a wonderful post.

I've never dated a real gamer. Always wanted to, just never met the right one. Pity, because I like a huge variety of games and I'm sure we could keep things interesting.
  • Permbaby
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read your typo, haha.

I'm glad that the first impression I made was as a hentai fan. lol
  • caraiselite
    Options

i'd rather date my video games than some of the guys i've dated!
  • Exill
    Options
    Haha, videogames are such underrated lovers.
  • tiffeh345
    tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It can totally work. My fiance and I are both gamers. I love console games (especially my Zelda <3), whereas he loves computer games (WoW, Diablo III, etc...) It *mostly* works out for us. I will admit that sometimes I get a bit jealous of his computer time. xD But we work it out in the end. :)
  • caraiselite
    Options
    Haha, videogames are such underrated lovers.

they definitely give more pleasure.