Week 1 Ripped in 30

Options
grinch333
grinch333 Posts: 6 Member
I just started week one of the ripped in 30 program. How many days a week did you guys do the workout? I am extremely sore from days one and two and can't imagine doing the workout today! I want to get the maximum results I can so please advise! Thank you! Also, those of you on week 4, can you tell me if you notice a difference in your body tone? Thank you! Tracy

Replies

• quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. Finished Day 3 yesterday. I plan on doing 5 days this week (Tuesday - Saturday). On Sunday I'm going to start Week 2. We're going away for the weekend and I won't have the chance to workout next Friday-Saturday. After that I'm going to kick it up to 6 days per week for Week 3 and 4.

Frankly, I'm getting pretty bored of doing the same things every day although it is getting easier. I was working out prior to starting RI30 so while I've been a little sore, it hasn't been unbearable.
  • priorm123
    priorm123 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hiya, I've restarted the program from week 1 today, and even during my first workout I started to feel the familiar twinges in my hamstrings that I felt the first time round! I did week 1 and week 2 about 4-5 times a week throughout May, apart from the last week as I had the flu, and I would personally say that week 1 is really intense on the hamstrings, and week 2 focuses more on ams and glutes. I attempted week 3 once and could barely manage the beginners version as that is really hard on your quads, so I did week 2 for 2 weeks instead. This time I'm aiming on doing it properly, 6 days a week, a week for each. I just know I'm going to suffer a lot! Even after three weeks of weeks 1/2 I have noticed that my bum seems somewhat lifted, and my arms definitely have a little muscle now where they didn't before.

The one thing I have been wondering about is what size weights everyone has been using? I was using 1.5kg dumbells but they became too easy so I bought some 3kg ones which I use for most exercises - what do all of you use?
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've restarted the program from week 1 today, and even during my first workout I started to feel the familiar twinges in my hamstrings that I felt the first time round! I did week 1 and week 2 about 4-5 times a week throughout May, apart from the last week as I had the flu, and I would personally say that week 1 is really intense on the hamstrings, and week 2 focuses more on ams and glutes. I attempted week 3 once and could barely manage the beginners version as that is really hard on your quads, so I did week 2 for 2 weeks instead. This time I'm aiming on doing it properly, 6 days a week, a week for each. I just know I'm going to suffer a lot! Even after three weeks of weeks 1/2 I have noticed that my bum seems somewhat lifted, and my arms definitely have a little muscle now where they didn't before.

The one thing I have been wondering about is what size weights everyone has been using? I was using 1.5kg dumbells but they became too easy so I bought some 3kg ones which I use for most exercises - what do all of you use?

I started out with 3 lbs weight prior to doing Jillian's workouts and moved up to 5 lbs. Now I'm at the point where some exercises are too easy with 5 and I'm using 8, but not for the full program.
  • jkmeehan25
    Options
    I just started RIpped in 30 today. Sticking to 1200 calorie diet. May add other videos in to mix it up while doing Ripped in 30 workout plan.