Vermont

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    [Sigh]. Not from Vermont but I wish I was. I live in NH. I love Vermont, can I be an honorary Vermonter? I doubt I would have been successful in my weight loss journey without my daily dip in a tub of Cabot's Greek Vanilla yogurt. And when I learned I had to watch my sodium, I found Bove's of Vermont marina sauce (half the sodium of other brands and more delish).

Someday I will move to Burlington. Vermont rocks!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    [Sigh]. Not from Vermont but I wish I was. I live in NH. I love Vermont, can I be an honorary Vermonter? I doubt I would have been successful in my weight loss journey without my daily dip in a tub of Cabot's Greek Vanilla yogurt. And when I learned I had to watch my sodium, I found Bove's of Vermont marina sauce (half the sodium of other brands and more delish).

Someday I will move to Burlington. Vermont rocks!

Come on over... hehe
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the Burlington area looking for a walking buddy? I've lived here for about 4 years now. I could use the motivation!

Hello. I am in Burlington and love to walk and bike ride on the bike path by the waterfront. The bike path on the beltline has too many hills for me yet. Anyway, my work schedule makes finding walk buddies hard (I work at 4:00AM at the airport) so, let me know if you are interested.
    Nice to see other Vermonters here.
  • mlreyes_09
    mlreyes_09 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just joined MFP. I've been in Vermont for about 6 1/2 years now!
  • szuszanna
    szuszanna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello neighbors! I've been living in Vermont for about 8 years, and before that was in extreme upstate NY. Been on MFP for about a month now and love it!
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    Been a while since I checked this board. Glad to see so many Vermonters here.
  • szuszanna
    Options
    Hello everyone! Not sure if anyone else enjoys running (notice I said enjoys, not is good at!), but dealchicken has a deal ending today for half off the price of the pirate 5k on August 11th at the Burlington waterfront. I just signed up, and this is going to be my first 5k!!!!!!! Anyone else planning on doing this?
  • twinteensmom
    Options
    Wish i could but, that is my 22 year anniversary. Hubby and I will be in Maine that weekend.
  • szuszanna
    Options
    Congrats on the anniversary!!!!!!!!!!! Vacation sounds better than 5k to me any day :)
  • szuszanna
    Options
    Anyone in the Essex Junction area? I have a friend who is a fitness trainer and is starting a free fit club on Tuesday nights. It will be at the Albert D Lawton school on River Rd in Essex Jct near Five Corners and starts at 6:30 each week. All ages and fitness levels are encouraged to come and have some fun and get a work out! Guys and gals are both welcome. Hope I can see some of you there!
  • twinteensmom
    Options
    Anyone in the Essex Junction area? I have a friend who is a fitness trainer and is starting a free fit club on Tuesday nights. It will be at the Albert D Lawton school on River Rd in Essex Jct near Five Corners and starts at 6:30 each week. All ages and fitness levels are encouraged to come and have some fun and get a work out! Guys and gals are both welcome. Hope I can see some of you there!
    Cool. Thanks for the invite. I'm in Burlington. I will try to make it. That school is the one just past the pool, correct?
  • szuszanna
    Options
    I believe so. I'm not super familiar with the area myself. You should see a group of people right outside and you'll know you're in the right place. I'm Leigh-Ann by the way :) Hope to see you there!
  • ejwesson55
    Options
    Hey There! I'm Betsey. I've lived in Vermont all of my life except when I went to Franklin Pierce College in Ridge, NH for one year and then after I finished nursing school I lived in the Portsmouth, NH area for 2 years. Now I'm back! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pittsford, VT representin'
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Hello! :)
  • adeana85
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've been in Vermont for 3 1/2 years. I moved here with my now wife from New York City. My wife is the "native" Vermonter but I love it here. I love it here more than any other state that I have lived in which include New York and North Carolina.

Are there any active Burlington folk? I'd love to have some active friends to keep me motivated. I am tackling my weight loss one small goal at a time. Right now my goal is 190 by the end of the year.

Yay, Vermont!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've been in Vermont for 3 1/2 years. I moved here with my now wife from New York City. My wife is the "native" Vermonter but I love it here. I love it here more than any other state that I have lived in which include New York and North Carolina.

Are there any active Burlington folk? I'd love to have some active friends to keep me motivated. I am tackling my weight loss one small goal at a time. Right now my goal is 190 by the end of the year.

Yay, Vermont!

hey there... I live in the Burlington area! :)
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ok...I'm out of hiding....im in Central Vermont. Running the Key Bank Vermont City Marathon in May. :)
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was born across the river...through no fault of my own, and have lived here ever since. That would be 31 years.
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bennington checking in! Born here/ moved away/ moved back. Love it! We live here and the rest of the fam is in Pittsford!