Friends With Benefits

Options
leanandmean2012
leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
just doesn't work nowadays, kinda annoying if u ask me lol I like tha gray area, now it's either black or white

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    ehhhh?? Explain yourself?? What's not working about it?? :bigsmile:
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The "Friends" end up not being reliable lol Tired of people talking instead of doing. lol
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Friends with benefits can work.

Keep it shallow/light, don't think about the future... don't think at all, actually, no sleepovers. And don't try to convince yourself it's something more than it is.

The minute you have to start thinking about what you're doing, it isn't fun anymore.

ETA: It's supposed to be like a "relationship" but with no extra work. You don't have to call that person at the end of the day. You don't have to meet their parents.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it. If I'm really friends with a guy...and I want to sleep with him I think it should be the full meal deal relationship. Otherwise just friends.

Meh doesn't work for me.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's difficult when every girl you meet falls madly in love with you.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends are out of work, with the tough economy and all. They are in a bad spot when it comes to benefits. I'm lucky to work for a large company - health, dental, life insurance, the whole deal.

I wouldn't stop being friends with them over it though, that's just crazy talk.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    A few of my friends are out of work, with the tough economy and all. They are in a bad spot when it comes to benefits. I'm lucky to work for a large company - health, dental, life insurance, the whole deal.

I wouldn't stop being friends with them over it though, that's just crazy talk.

:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    The "Friends" end up not being reliable lol Tired of people talking instead of doing. lol

OIC. Then find another who is more available! :wink:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Gotta love that ego! :flowerforyou:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Friends with benefits can work.

Keep it shallow/light, don't think about the future... don't think at all, actually, no sleepovers. And don't try to convince yourself it's something more than it is.

The minute you have to start thinking about what you're doing, it isn't fun anymore.

ETA: It's supposed to be like a "relationship" but with no extra work. You don't have to call that person at the end of the day. You don't have to meet their parents.
    Yeah, pretty much. It's just like any other friend but at the end of the day (or any other time of the day) you may or may not have sex with them. Some people have workout buddies, some have sex buddies. You just have to like each other enough to have sex with each other, but not so much that you want to date. Sometimes that's the complicated part.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Mine has worked pretty well so far. I do kind of hope he becomes unnecessary though.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    IMO the best FWB comes from an ex or someone you had a ONS with in the past. You know your ex is an ex for a reason but the sex may have been good.

Friends turned FWB is a like playing with a hornets nest! Baaaad idea.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    IMO the best FWB comes from an ex or someone you had a ONS with in the past. You know your ex is an ex for a reason but the sex may have been good.

I wouldn't agree that an ex works well, because unless there are reasons you have to maintain contact (like kids or something), I think there should be a clean cut. Of course, I'm talking about a LTR. If you're only together for a couple weeks, sure.

But yeah, ONS usually work for FWB if the hookup was good.
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options

Gotta love that ego! :flowerforyou:

Sad but true. It's not always an ego thing. :-(
  • The_Iron
    Options

I wouldn't agree that an ex works well, because unless there are reasons you have to maintain contact (like kids or something), I think there should be a clean cut. Of course, I'm talking about a LTR. If you're only together for a couple weeks, sure.

Yeah I was only meaning like an exgf/bf.. not an ex spouse.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

hmmm! seems to me that FRIENDS with benefits should be with FRIENDS??? Otherwise it would be called 'ex with benefits' or 'stranger with benefits' :laugh:

How have I got that so wrong .....:noway:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

hmmm! seems to me that FRIENDS with benefits should be with FRIENDS??? Otherwise it would be called 'ex with benefits' or 'stranger with benefits' :laugh:

Yeah. . this one had me a bit perplexed too :huh:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Yup, not sure the exes thing works either. I thought the husband was trying to Reconciliate after his EA and so happens that he just wanted a kind of "Friends with Benefit" thing going. All the sex, minus the responsibility or the kids, etc. Totally broke my heart, over and over again. But hey, the sex was fantastic!
  • The_Iron
    Options

Well yeah of course, Anna! What I am saying is taking an already made friendship and turning it into a FWB. It would be almost like screwing your sibling.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

Well yeah of course, Anna! What I am saying is taking an already made friendship and turning it into a FWB. It would be almost like screwing your sibling.

OMG...I never thought of it like that...:laugh: That is creepy to say the least...:laugh: :drinker: :laugh: