Body Revolution : Keys to Success

Options
aprrae
aprrae Posts: 172 Member
Thought it might be fun to start a thread for us to share our best tips for success when doing JMBR. What are yours?

Replies

• BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    no matter how hard this is: u ARE capable of doing it. so push and dont stop.
    thats it :)
  • aprrae
    Options
    Mine would be:

1. You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet. You have to do the workouts in conjunction with a food plan that works for you.

2. Prioritize your workouts and plan when you will do them each day. Make them happen.

3. These workouts build on each other, so try to do each exercise. You will be surprised with what you can do.

4. Do not let Workout 7 discourage you. Push through and you will find Workout 9 and 11 accomplishable.

5. Keep a well stocked fridge with healthy food options.

6. If you are going to be away from home at meal time, bring good food choices with you. Even if it is something as simple as a nutrition bar.
  • aprrae
    Options
    Oh : I forgot the most important one:

You will have bad days. You will eat or drink too much, be too tired to workout or both. It's OK. The program will still work. Just don't let one bad day grow into a week of bad days or worse give you reason to give up.
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Once you've done a workout once, maybe twice, MUTE THE TV. I turn on my music instead because Jillian makes my ears bleed!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Like Jillian says: JUST SHOW UP!
    I never feel like walking downstairs and lacing up my shoes. I just do it. I say to the TV "OK Jillian, I don't feel like doing this. But I showed up and I'm gonna do it anyway" (am I the only one that talks to Jillian?)

Halfway through I am loving it. And the rewards are worth the commitment!
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The rewards are worth it! Anyone see my pics in the graduate thread? I lost weight consistently the whole time, but noticed the biggest change in my body the last month!

I also feel like you should move up to the next level when the program says to, even if you don't feel ready. You work your muscles differently and it helps you get even stronger!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I never feel like walking downstairs and lacing up my shoes. I just do it. I say to the TV "OK Jillian, I don't feel like doing this. But I showed up and I'm gonna do it anyway" (am I the only one that talks to Jillian?)

No you are not the only one to talk , yell or cuss at Miss Jillian!!!:wink: I start my 2nd round with her today!!!
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just push through every workout. Like Jillian says you never know how much you can accomplish til you push yourself. I realize I may not be able to do every move like they do in the video. But I make a whole hearted attempt to do my best. I know in the end my body & health with thank me for pushing beyond my limits.
  • amhullihen
    amhullihen Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I talk to her all the time to! Though some of the things I say aren't always very complimentary....:tongue::wink: