Starting W1D1 today...anybody else want to join?

Options

Replies

• cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Starting w1d1 Wednesday I'm sick so had to push it back from today, then back to Monday we'd fri. So I'll join you!

I'm also on Mon, Wed & Fri so far. Depending on how I feel and I don't want to over do it I might try every other day. Good luck to you and keep us all posted! :)
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W2D1 tomorrow.

I had guests in town last week; so my days got messed up. I started W1D1 on 7/7 and then D2 on 7/8. I just did W1D3 on Sunday night - seven days later. eek!

Getting back on track, I think I'm going to shoot for Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. :)

GL!
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1 D2 Running in AC is so much easier than dealing with heat & humidity...lol.
  • cobylea
    Options
    I'm going to be doing W2D2 this evening. I had to bring my running inside to the treadmill. I will try and get outside at least one out of the three runs so it's not a huge shock when I start running outside full time....scary!! lol
    I don't want to have to be dependant on my treadmill (only in the winter when it's ridiculous temps outside) and would rather try and get as much running as I can outside....hopefully I can do that!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I never got to start, ended up with a bad case of laryngitis. It wasn't fun. Hoping it passes by Sunday, because I really wanna start!
  • cobylea
    Options
    I never got to start, ended up with a bad case of laryngitis. It wasn't fun. Hoping it passes by Sunday, because I really wanna start!

Oh that suck!! :noway: hope you feel better soon and can hop on the wagon with the rest of us!

I took this weekend off for my sons birthday so I'll be doing W2D3 this evening! Even though it's only been a couple of weeks I actually missed it....who woulda thought!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I started (for the second time) about a month ago. I completed w2 then work got busy and I got sick. So its been roughly 3 weeks since my last workout. I'm really not sure where to start today. I'm trying to decide if I should use this week as a "catch up" week: w1k3, w2d3, and then start w3????? Or maybe I will start with w2 and see how it feels. If its too easy, move to w3???? Or do I pick up with w3 and if its too hard go back to w2????? Decisions.....decisions. LOL :bigsmile: At any rate, I'm definitely running after work and will let you know what I decided. :smile:
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started it today!!!!
  • sherrielynned1
    Options
    Just completed W1 D3 and for variety(in gym because heat outside) I put the treadmill on variable height. So I'd be jogging away and the incline would go up! lol. practice for hills when I get back outside.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Just completed W1 D3 and for variety(in gym because heat outside) I put the treadmill on variable height. So I'd be jogging away and the incline would go up! lol. practice for hills when I get back outside.
    Thats a good idea. I neve thought about doing that. I usually inclune 0.5 - 1%.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    I decided to start with w2. Im really glad I did. I finished w2d1 but i had to slow down a bit. A few weeks ago I was runnung at 5.5 avg pace. There is no way I could have done that today. On a side note, it felt really good to workout today.
  • cobylea
    Options
    Finished W2D3 tonight. It was tough for some reason but I made it through. I'm trying to build my endurance up before my speed so right now I'm jogging at only 4.0. I want to finish the 9 weeks and then work on my speed and timing. If it takes me an hour to do 5k I'm ok with that as long as I finsh!

WTG for everybody else! Keep it up and happy running! :happy:
  • cobylea
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? I completed W3D1 last night. It wasn't too bad actually....I was surprised I didn't burn as many calories as week 1 and 2 and I didn't sweat as much either, even though I was doing longer runs??
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Finished w2D2 yesterday. I was able to run at 5.0 and I felt great. Moving on to W3 tonight. I guess I wasn't as out of shape as I thought. I'm still disappointed that I had to take those weeks off from working out. I could have been well into w5 by now. Oh well.......I'm happy to be back on track. Tonight I'm also going to swim after I run. I'm not a swimmer so this will be very interesting. I usually go to the pool to play with the kids, not to workout. lol :laugh:

How is everyone?
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? I completed W3D1 last night. It wasn't too bad actually....I was surprised I didn't burn as many calories as week 1 and 2 and I didn't sweat as much either, even though I was doing longer runs??

Thats happened to me before too. I noticed that sometimes I will walk slower so that I don't run out of steam for the run intervals.
  • sherrielynned1
    Options
    Haven't been able to get in run for a few days. Going to try and squeeze in w2d2 tonight after teaching and my meeting. Hopefully it will be cooler outside as my gym closes early on Sunday.
  • cobylea
    Options
    I completed W4D1 last night. I must say I really had to push myself through the 5 minutes runs. I definitely slowed my pace down and that helped considerably. I guess who cares if I'm going so slow I could be going backwards...as long as I finish right? lol. I'll worry about increasing my speed once I'm done the program.
  • sherrielynned1
    Options
    I did W3 D2 yesterday and when I hit hills on a run it just killed me. Had to start walking 30 seconds early a couple times. May have to put in an extra week 3 workout before going onto week 4.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Im starting week one day 1 Thursday!
  • MamaShoob
    Options
    HI everyone! I started W1D1 today as well. It was hard but I pushed through. I have a bad knee, getting it checked out on Tuesday (8/14), but this is the only program I really am interested in getting into. I have numerous friends who were like me, just needed something to get them back into shape that wasn't a dvd or an expensive gym. They have all lost significant weight and improved their overall health.

Good luck to all of you!
    Chris