To the people who gained 20+ pounds on the reset

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Please message me!! Or reply here!! I need to talk to someone who has gained this much on the reset. I've currently gained 23 pounds. I went from a low of 213 to 236. I am in the 8th week of resetting and am starting my cut next week. I just feel a need to talk so someone - anyone? - who has gained this much and hasn't had to be put in the loony bin! :embarassed: :ohwell:

This 23 pounds you speak of, are you talking about weighing 213 on an empty stomach in the morning to 236 on an empty stomach in the morning? Because I can gain like 6 lbs in a day if you're talking about random unrelatable weights?
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Please message me!! Or reply here!! I need to talk to someone who has gained this much on the reset. I've currently gained 23 pounds. I went from a low of 213 to 236. I am in the 8th week of resetting and am starting my cut next week. I just feel a need to talk so someone - anyone? - who has gained this much and hasn't had to be put in the loony bin! :embarassed: :ohwell:

This 23 pounds you speak of, are you talking about weighing 213 on an empty stomach in the morning to 236 on an empty stomach in the morning? Because I can gain like 6 lbs in a day if you're talking about random unrelatable weights?

I'm talking about weighing 236 on an empty stomach in the morning, naked! Ha. :) Yeah, my weight can fluctuate like crazy throughout the day, too.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Yesterday I had a small emergency at my home. There was an electrical fire. Thanking God I was there because there was a sheet laying across the DVR that caught on fire. If I hadn't have been there ... :indifferent:

I had dinner after that, then started a major cleaning job and got sick. I have a hiatal hernia. I haven't had any problems from it in a long time, but I know what can trigger issues. Last night, after I ate, I lifted a lot of heavy boxes. That triggered acid reflux, pain, weakness and the feeling of having something stuck in my throat. I drank several cups of Dr. Pepper 10 (a habit I'm trying to break!) and then attempted what I have in the past - to stop the pain from the hernia with food. I cleaned out the peanut butter jar. Luckily there were only a couple tablespoons in there! FYI - eating does NOT help the hernia. :sick: I hit near my TDEE last night, so I guess I'm starting my cut today instead.

I'm still having some hernia issues this morning. Just feeling icky! But I'm also feeling suuuuuuuper fat. I can tell I have more weight on my back because it hurts and I can actually feel my love handles folded over. It's gross. My pants were harder to button and zip this a.m. and my shirt doesn't look nearly as good as it did even last week. I SO need to start losing. I cannot go back to the 280 pounds I started at in 2008. I feel awful, look awful and am more determined than ever to get this weight OFF MY BODY.

Oh! I measured last night. The last time I measured and recorded the measurements on MFP was on 11/17/2010. I only have a neck measurement, waist and hips. I did not measure my neck last night and I measured a couple extra places that I didn't measure in 2010. Just under my boobs measured 40 inches (I was wearing a 38 bra, so that's went up), my waist measured 45 inches (up from 41 in 2010 - and this is the one place I can tell I've gained a LOT ... especially around my back ... I have rolls there that weren't there before the reset), my hips measured 50 inches (same in 2010), my left arm (upper) measured 17 inches and my left thigh measured 27 inches.

If I don't start losing weight soon, will somebody put me out of my misery?! :sick:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Quick update! I couldn't wait till Saturday to step on the scale. :blushing:

I stripped, stepped on the scale and it said 232! Four pounds down from the high of 236 I've seen.

... did I mention I'd already had a lot of water, coffee, breakfast AND lunch?!

:bigsmile: Until Saturday ... that is all! :bigsmile:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Good News!
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am glued to this thread actually holding my breath as I read and I am praying so hard 'PLEASE LET THIS WORK! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!' because I'm scared to death watching my own weight creep up and all my hard work get hidden under new layers of fat (water my @$$!). I feel like if this works for you maybe I can white-knuckle my way through this. Totally in your corner, hon! :heart:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Such good news, Leigh!!! I can't wait to join you on July 25th!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Quick update! I couldn't wait till Saturday to step on the scale. :blushing:

I stripped, stepped on the scale and it said 232! Four pounds down from the high of 236 I've seen.

... did I mention I'd already had a lot of water, coffee, breakfast AND lunch?!

:bigsmile: Until Saturday ... that is all! :bigsmile:
    YAY!!!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Woohooooo Leigh! That is just awesome
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm diligently watching this thread for your next awesome update!!
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to see how your cut turns out. Best of luck!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Kind of at a loss. My weight has stayed fairly steady around 233-236. I've taken my activity level down to light, taken 20% of that for my cut, currently eating 2000 calories (give or take, depending on my exercise, as my BMR is apparently now 1875). I used to be 213 when this started.

I'm really not quite sure what to do. I don't want to eat MORE because I don't feel my activity level justifies that. I don't want to continue gaining, but I thought that after about a month at cut, I'd have lost at least what I gained during my reset.

Why am I not seeing others who've gained 20+ pounds? I really don't understand.

I'd never, ever go back to 1200-1400 calories, but ... I am just getting worn out. I'm not eating as clean as I'd like to due to a super busy schedule this month, BUT, even then, I think my calories should have negated some kind of loss. I lift heavy and I like it; I've stopped the spin class and added in a small amount of other cardio. Nothing crazy.

Just kinda here. Existing and eating more.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    When did you start lifting and have you taken measurements and pictures?

It would also help if you could make your diary public.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I've been lifting since before I even started my 8-week reset. I just made my diary public, but I'm pretty embarrassed by it. Like I said, I don't eat as clean as I'd like. :embarassed: I've also been at the mercy of my freezer and pantry for a little bit as I'm saving for a couple trips coming up next week and the week after.

I just feel like this 20+ pounds is ridiculous. I haven't taken measurements lately, but my pants are still snug and there are some shirts I can't wear anymore. It's like I have gained around my middle and in my thighs. I can still fit in my size 16 pants, but not as well as before ... however I don't think I could even fit in a size 16 when I was in the 230s a while ago. I don't think I've lost any inches, but maybe not gained as many as I had when I was this same weight before.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    A 20 lb gain but still fitting in the same pants is definitely telling me it's not 20 lbs of fat. I feel like this has something to do more with your thyroid (noticed you are taking meds) and less to do with your intake. I also still think you are holding on to a lot of water.

I have remained the same weight for the last 8 weeks but my pictures definitely show a difference. If I were you I would take some pics now and then compare with photos 4 weeks from now ( as well as measurements).
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options

I have remained the same weight for the last 8 weeks but my pictures definitely show a difference. If I were you I would take some pics now and then compare with photos 4 weeks from now ( as well as measurements).

Thanks for posting this. I have been hanging around 190 for almost the entire time I have been doing NROLFW. I KNOW there are positive changes in my body composition, but there's still that mental factor that I feel I should be losing weight. Now I just have to remember that once that fat comes off, there will be glorious muscles underneath. :)

To Leigh, I looked over your diary and the main thing I noticed was that you get a lot of your protein from shakes. At least you are getting the protein, but would you be able to do something like baked chicken for dinner? You can bake the frozen chicken tenderloin from frozen in 30 minutes, add some salsa or avocado, and you have a great meal that is almost entirely protein. Very easy to do, too. Just a suggestion since I know a busy life and cooking don't always go well together. :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh~

Just found this thread again and since the last time I posted here things have changed for me too.

I am UP a total of 16 pounds. I started EM2WL at Cut (-15%) and gained 8 pounds in 9 weeks.

I went to Reset and gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks (so far).
    I am officially TWO people~ carrying 215 pounds on a 5 foot frame~ which at age 51 is very, very dangerous. I KNOW that the "composition" of my weight is not all fat but the burden on my heart and joints to carry it around is still very real.

While I feel better mentallly and still believe in the science, I am hoping and praying that, once again in my life, I am NOT that "exception to the rule" or the "results not typical girl" who this does not "work for".

This part is brutal, I will admit, but for now, I am going to hang in there and take this to competion.

The idea of being a Quitter is also distasteful to me and I don't want to declare myself a failure or freak of nature if I haven't done things the way it's designed.

Hugs Doll, cuz I'm a SO right there with ya.....:wink:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I gained 15lbs in 8 weeks.. but is already 7 lbs down. My wi is not until tomorrow.. it is my 2nd week, almost 3rd week on Saturday.

Keep going! its worth it! I think it is the best part of my life by doing reset. FOR REAL.

<3
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Leigh - Something jumped out at me. You said you're thyroid is managed, but you're still losing a little hair. This isn't managed enough. You should not be experiencing hair loss if your thyroid is properly managed. I really think based on everything you've said that your thyroid is very likely working against you.

Also, I do agree with someone else that posted a comment that you're fitting into clothes at this weight that you previously didn't fit into at this weight. You have definitely gained muscle. That's awesome! The rest of this - we will get figured out. Hang in there. We're all rooting for you!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any answers for you, but I'm really interested to see how this works out for you. I'll be praying for you-that you can figure it all out and that your weight starts to drop.