3 months later and I gained 6 pounds

Options
Hello everyone. I joined MFP on 4-11 of this year. I have always tried to eat between my BMR calories and my TDEE calories. Obviously something is wrong because I've gained 6.1 pounds.

I'm so frustrated. I have read the road map several times. I'm a CPA so I'm good with numbers and don't need them recalculated for me.

My problem is that I am bad with exercise. I never seem to stick with it.

I have to lose 30 pounds before I want to get pregnant.

Ahhhh, sorry I'm just really venting. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's great....vent all ya want!! We all need to do that some. How long was it before you showed that 6 pound gain? I could do the Math! :) It's only been 3 months since you joined MFP....and I am SOOOO worried I will gain, too. I'm not good on exercising, either. Actually, I have very bad balance so my exercise types are limited, but I'm learning/improving that slowly.
    Hopefully someone with much experience with EMTLW will comment on here....I'm anxious to see what others write, as well. Best of luck to you....take care!
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    are u logging ur food correctly?

i have been logging the foods i eat incorrectly, so i have been eating my tdee plus for 2 months. which caused my weight gain
  • LCrowley83
    LCrowley83 Posts: 14
    Options
    That's great....vent all ya want!! We all need to do that some. How long was it before you showed that 6 pound gain? I could do the Math! :) It's only been 3 months since you joined MFP....and I am SOOOO worried I will gain, too. I'm not good on exercising, either. Actually, I have very bad balance so my exercise types are limited, but I'm learning/improving that slowly.
    Hopefully someone with much experience with EMTLW will comment on here....I'm anxious to see what others write, as well. Best of luck to you....take care!

Well it is up and down but that is what it is as of today. Today was the highest I have seen on the scale since 2010. Scary if I must say so myself. I actually lost weight in the beginning of joining MFP and actually I'm 11 pounds more now then I was a few months ago. I just said I netted a gain of 6.1. So I just keep going up and down. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't live off of 1200 calories. My BMR is 1609 and I feel like I'm starving even at that number lol. Uhhh. Plus, I have a desk job so I don't do much ever. I dont know. I give up.
  • LCrowley83
    LCrowley83 Posts: 14
    Options
    are u logging ur food correctly?

i have been logging the foods i eat incorrectly, so i have been eating my tdee plus for 2 months. which caused my weight gain

Yes I log everything, even the milk in my coffee and the breathe mints I eat. lol.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your tdee -15%? Did you use an online calculator to figure out your calories? If you are and you are not exercising as much then this could be the reason since your exercise is factored in to that number.

Or maybe you are eating too large of a deficit?

My BMR is around 1600 but I burn 2600-2800 per day so 1600 is much too low for me.