H2O Question?

Options
becca14u2nv
becca14u2nv Posts: 55 Member
I never seem to be able to get to my 8 servings of water. I am usually 6 maybe 7 servings. When I calculate these servings, I do at just what I drink from my water bottle. Do I also include the water I add to my shakes, soup, cappuccino, etc.? I have not been counting it but I have to wonder if I should be. Do you count the water addition to the Medifast meals as water consumption?

Replies

• kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just count the water I drink from my water bottle. It gets complicated once you start trying to count how much water is in all the food.

Just count the water you actually drink from a glass or water bottle.
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yup, just pure straight water.

You should be drinking half your body weight in oz or 100, whichever is more. Water (and lots of it) is essential for 2 reasons: the first is that is what flushes the fat from your system. Second when you are on a high protein diet (like medifast) it can be REALLY hard on your liver to process it, so the extra water is needed.
  • milicoqui
    milicoqui Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agreed and agreed. Are you having a hard time getting in the water? I know this sounds cheesy but I bought one of those 24ounce cold cups from Starbucks and I give myself a goal of 4 glasses before I go home from work.
  • becca14u2nv
    Options
    Great idea...I will try that.
  • WAM777
    WAM777 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 liters or more per day. I found it was a lot easier to get that much down when I started using one packet of the Medifast Calorie-Burn Flavor Infuser per liter. I like the Mixed Berry the best.
  • becca14u2nv
    Options
    I drink 3 liters or more per day. I found it was a lot easier to get that much down when I started using one packet of the Medifast Calorie-Burn Flavor Infuser per liter. I like the Mixed Berry the best.

I have not tried those but I will definitely be looking into them. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • calla130
    calla130 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Becca,

Hi Melissa,

As others said, MF recommends a minimum of 64 oz of water *in addition to* the water added to foods and other sugar-free and calorie-free beverages. I find that using a *straw* and a larger bottles (32 oz) are really helpful. After recommending the straw to several friends, all agreed that it helped greatly. Having a large bottle that you only have to fill two or three times to meet your requirement is less daunting than trying to keep track of the ounces in smaller bottles. Best wishes!

Tammie Shaw
    TSFL Health Coach
    mycoachtammie.tsfl.com
    mycoachtammie@gmail.com
    Better Together!
    I never seem to be able to get to my 8 servings of water. I am usually 6 maybe 7 servings. When I calculate these servings, I do at just what I drink from my water bottle. Do I also include the water I add to my shakes, soup, cappuccino, etc.? I have not been counting it but I have to wonder if I should be. Do you count the water addition to the Medifast meals as water consumption?
  • becca14u2nv
    Options
    This actually does help a lot. Thank you all for the suggestions.

I upgraded my 16.9 oz bottle to a 32 oz bottle so instead of filling it 4 times, (which at work seems to be 3 times since I cannot reach my 8 servings) I only fill twice and I make myself finish it before going home from work. Now I am getting my 8 servings. I am trying to push for more than 8.

I did order the infusers but they will not be here until Wednesday. Can't wait to try them.
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    Pretty much what others suggested is what I do. I have 2 big water bottles one is 32 OZ and the other is 40 OZ, I take the 40 with me everywhere, and I know I need to AT LEAST drink 2 of them a day, my goal is the 1st one by noon, the second by 5 and then the 32 OZ when I get home. it USUALLY works really well for me and forms a habit, my body now tells me that I need my water :)