CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been in the forum as much as I would like to but I have been going through some hard times (in my mind) with certain things and I have wanted to share my progress with all of you b/c I started my 15% Cut on July 9th but as of yet, I have not lost anything but I know this is my fault and part of Mother Natures as well...Lol.. I have been having slight TOM for over 3wks so I am not sure if some of my weight sticking around is that or what plus I have fallen behind on exercise since the end of May...Not good at all!!! But, I am proud to say that as of last night I started lifting again and it felt so damn good!!! I realize that even with my son at home almost 24/7 that I HAVE to make time for ME so that I can lift and exercise b/c I really think that is why I was going through some weird funk for quite a while....

So, slowly but surely I am going to try to get on the threads more and keep on lifting to keep my spirits up (exercise does wonders doesn't it....If I had known this long ago, I would have started back then...lol) I am so glad to see that this thread is still going strong and I read the updates on here all of the time b/c they are all so motivating....Even the down sides that some people have helps others when you share b/c when advice is given it helps others going through the same thing get some answers as well!!

Once this Mother Nature thing decides to go away I am hoping to see some major results and I will definitely share it ALL with you!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!:flowerforyou:

Hang in there Autumn! Having TOM messing with you like that is sure to take the zip out of your spirits a bit. Just remember that there's iron loss with blood loss, so you're going to feel more tired and run down and less motivated. Your body may have needed a little break. I'm glad that getting back into the lifting helped your spirits. I completely understand the sentiment. I feel much better mentally when I work out. It's hard with little ones isn't it? They need us so much that sometimes it's hard to walk away for a bit and take care of ourselves. We're so much better for them when we do though! I hope Mother Nature stops messing with you really soon!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been in the forum as much as I would like to but I have been going through some hard times (in my mind) with certain things and I have wanted to share my progress with all of you b/c I started my 15% Cut on July 9th but as of yet, I have not lost anything but I know this is my fault and part of Mother Natures as well...Lol.. I have been having slight TOM for over 3wks so I am not sure if some of my weight sticking around is that or what plus I have fallen behind on exercise since the end of May...Not good at all!!! But, I am proud to say that as of last night I started lifting again and it felt so damn good!!! I realize that even with my son at home almost 24/7 that I HAVE to make time for ME so that I can lift and exercise b/c I really think that is why I was going through some weird funk for quite a while....

So, slowly but surely I am going to try to get on the threads more and keep on lifting to keep my spirits up (exercise does wonders doesn't it....If I had known this long ago, I would have started back then...lol) I am so glad to see that this thread is still going strong and I read the updates on here all of the time b/c they are all so motivating....Even the down sides that some people have helps others when you share b/c when advice is given it helps others going through the same thing get some answers as well!!

Once this Mother Nature thing decides to go away I am hoping to see some major results and I will definitely share it ALL with you!!!

Hang in there Autumn! Having TOM messing with you like that is sure to take the zip out of your spirits a bit. Just remember that there's iron loss with blood loss, so you're going to feel more tired and run down and less motivated. Your body may have needed a little break. I'm glad that getting back into the lifting helped your spirits. I completely understand the sentiment. I feel much better mentally when I work out. It's hard with little ones isn't it? They need us so much that sometimes it's hard to walk away for a bit and take care of ourselves. We're so much better for them when we do though! I hope Mother Nature stops messing with you really soon!

Keep going! You are doing great. Cycles can wreck havoc on us at times. I hope things pass soon and you can feel more motivated and back to normal and see that scale change!!

I am a bit worried about this myself. I make my cut in a few days, and TOM appears about 4 days after that. So Im certain there will be nothing to share for the first two weeks, which sucks..
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps!

This is my first day of cut :) I can't believe it, but I made it.
    I have cut down 300 kcal for now, but we will have to see how things will be with my activity level, cause with today we also started our fasting month Ramadan, and I don't think I will be as active during this time. Will see what my fitbit has to tell me, and adjust accordingly.
    Hope you are all doing well. Looking forward to read a lot of success stories over here :))))
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps!

This is my first day of cut :) I can't believe it, but I made it.
    I have cut down 300 kcal for now, but we will have to see how things will be with my activity level, cause with today we also started our fasting month Ramadan, and I don't think I will be as active during this time. Will see what my fitbit has to tell me, and adjust accordingly.
    Hope you are all doing well. Looking forward to read a lot of success stories over here :))))

Woot! Woot! It's all downhill from here! (In a good way of course!!)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Yes we can! Be encouraged! Rock those workouts the awesome chemical release in the brain just makes ya feel sooo good! You Rock lady!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CUT week #2:

So, week 1 I lost 3lb (the next day I was down another 1.5, but I think it was H2O!)
    Today I was still at the 3 lb mark. So, no loss.

It was tough to see because I really feel as though I'm on a fairly strict "diet" now that I'm at 1500 calories. In order to get in enough protein, I find I'm drinking lots of shakes to the exclusion of real food OR I'm eating primarily eggs and meats.

I did low carb for SO long in the past that I'm feeling kind of bummed to be back in that place again. ICK.

Today I had 2 eggs & 2 egg whites for breakfast, a piece of chicken and celery sticks for lunch, and probably meat and a lower carb veggie for dinner. Then I'll probably still have to drink a casein shake to get in enough protein. Yuck.

I know that being 49, hypothyroid (although corrected with meds), and in menopause since the age of 34 probably doesn't help my cause either. *sigh*

I can only hold on and keep doing what I'm doing and hope for a loss next week.

I hope everyone else had a great week!!! Please keep posting your own updates, as I love reading them!:flowerforyou:

Becky
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You guys are fantastic! It's so reassuring to hear everyones up and downs and whys and hows. Thanks!!
    I'm on day 5 of my cut and I AM HUNGRY!! I absolutley cannot believe 2 months ago I was eating 500 calories LESS than I am today and I was able to function(sort of). I have been over my goal EVERY DAY this week :) I also haven't been 100% dedicated, strictly logging and working out for about 2 weeks. We were on mini-vaca and with 2 birthdays within a week = lots of eating out and birthday cupcakes :) So, not so much a successful week (although I still have 3 days to do a bit of damage control before weigh-in). But this week has been another affirmation that this is so much better/healthier for me. There is absolutely no way I could ever go back to 1200 calories. EVER. NEVER EVER EVER!!
    Happy weekend to everyone!!

:flowerforyou:
    Jamie
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies
    Love reading about all your progress as it keeps me motivated and inspired to continu3.You are all amazing.

I did a full reset without realising as I got my numbers a bit wrong, I was averaging 2050 + and the scale was stuck and I was bloated. I started my cut this week after about 6 weeks of increased calories and have now reduced to 1750. I also get to start exercising again as was recovering from an ear infection. Starting Monday I start insanity part 2 again and fingers crossed I see some inch loss. I had a really good nsv this week, fit into a size 8 (us4) albeit a bit snug. So the aim is to fit into a lot better. Will jump on scales next week as its been Tom and I always gain 2lbs.

I've set my macros to 30,40,30. I'm struggling to get my protein levels up. How does everyone else get all their protein in without resorting to shakes? I'm not a huge fan of them.

Keep up the good work, you all help to keep me sane and realise there is life beyond 1200 calories.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

I've set my macros to 30,40,30. I'm struggling to get my protein levels up. How does everyone else get all their protein in without resorting to shakes? I'm not a huge fan of them.

I eat lean meats (and not so lean meat), greek yogurt, chocolate milk after a workout, nuts, eggs, cheese, edamame, protein bars (I found one I like, the "Oh Yeah" bar).
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am back only 3 days later and with no loss as of yet but I did realize something and wanted to share just in case this helps anyone else out there...I was not exercising since the end of May like I said before and I was eating obviously at TDEE for the reset for light activity...I used my CUT of -15% with light actvity as well...So, I weighed today and was up by 2lbs again (169lbs is my weight now) - Which is my original weight at the start of MFP and it really freaked me out b/c I am at CUT now but also with the TOM still going on but gaining 2 more lbs...OMG, really??? Come on give me a break here!!!

Here is the kicker that I FINALLY realized, DUH on my part!!

For 1. I know that when you start lifting or start any type of new workout that there is going to be an increase in water weight due to this and for me it is usually around 1-2lbs - So this may be where my 2lbs gain came from....Whew, I really felt better when I FINALLY realized that part.

And 2. Is ALL of this week I have been eating way too low for my calorie needs b/c I am now at a higher activity level than before and didn't change it...So, I changed it today from light activity with 15% CUT to moderate activity - Which of course means more food - and I am definitely okay with that part...YAY!! My body I AM SURE thought I was trying to starve it again b/c a couple of days (lift days) I barely made it to my BMR which is a big one...You HAVE to at least reach BMR...

So, basically what I am trying to say is that I slowed down after freaking out some - Okay, ALOT!!..lol - and thought about what was going on with my body and why I was gaining more weight which should NOT be happening AND I took a deep breath and figured this out....Thank goodness!!! :bigsmile:

I just wanted to share this with anyone out there who may be experiencing these same types of issues...I know 2lbs is probably TOM...UGH!!! I just wish it would go away - Much worse this morning too!!!! :sad: And around 2lbs b/c of lifting again and I would have to say that I should have around 4lbs coming off very very soon..:bigsmile: ..That is my latest update to you guys and gals!!

I hope this helps anyone else out there who may be freaking out one morning too!! :flowerforyou:

More updates to come very soon I hope....And good ones at that!!! Thanks for listening!! :smile:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have completed a 7-week reset and am starting my 15% cut today. Why did I only do 7 weeks? Well, I feel like my body has finally gotten used to the high calories and my weight has stabilized. I was also never on a VLCD for very long. I am up 5 lbs and about 3 inches here and there.
    So, starting today I will be eating 1946 calories per day which is what the Scooby calculator says is my 15% cut. It will be hard to eat less but I am soooo looking forward to losing again instead of gaining.
    You guys are all doing so great. I love reading about all your experiences and it really helps me to see that I'm not alone.
    Hoping to have some good news to share in a few weeks!

Opal
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 of my cut -- and I'm pissed. It's like my body got confused and doesn't know how to react. During week 1 I lost 3 pounds of the 4 I gained and I was happy as a lark. This past week, however, I seemed to gain 2 pounds back in small increments. I know this isn't true weight; it's most likely water weight. But I'm pissed that my body can't seem to figure out that less calories = drop the fat already! I have concluded over the past year that I must be very sensitive to sodium, and that pisses me off even more. There have been some sodium bombs in my food diary that must have my body holding onto all of it (um, Chipotle, burger, popchips). Why can't I be like the people where sodium doesn't affect them as much? I don't have swelling in my feet or hands, but my body will just hold onto that water weight if I eat something high in sodium. THAT BITES. Anyway, I'm not giving up. I'll make better food choices and continue to trust the process
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been in limbo land lately. I was supposed to start my cut 2 weeks ago, but was finding it pretty difficult at first and then decided maybe I just wasn't ready to cut. So here I am at about 10/11 weeks of reset level calories or more and am still debating on cutting. Why do I find summer so much harder to restrict myself? My plan is to try to make this week my first cut week. I know once I get going, I will be fine, so I just need to get going! Its funny because I wanted to cut so bad when I was resetting initially, lol.
    Anyone else stuggle with turning the switch from resetting to cutting?
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    tenpets: why are your protein levels so high? i saw your daily goal is like 250is grams of protein- that seems like a ton! dont most people do 40%carbs /30%protein /30%fat ?
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start my cut after reading everybody's stories here!
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    6 weeks into my cut and still haven`t lost any lbs. Since starting my strength training program with my cut I look wayyy better. I feel better.

My body is tighter and I have less cellulite. Scale has not moved. Still up 5lbs from pre reset weight.

I don`t care. If I learned anything from this experiment it is how you look that matters. I totally bloated in the beginning of the reset. The clothes I am wearing now were tight and uncomfortable. Now they fit. But my weight is 5 lbs higher than when I was on the reset.

I have more muscle. Denser and heavier than the fat. I look better but I weigh more. The only question is... How do I get to my reccommended goal weight if I never lose?
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    [/quote]

Awesome!! That's SO GOOD to hear! I'm in week 7 of my reset, going to start cut July 30th (after 8 full wks of reset) and it's SO nice to hear that people are having success....I can't wait and hope and pray that I can report the same thing in a few weeks!! =)
    [/quote]

Hi,

I am too starting my CUT on 30 July after being on RESET for full 8 weeks. I was only going to do 6 weeks but my body is really hungry so and I don't feel too flabby yet so thought I would carry on with the 8 weeks as originally planned.

I am going to weigh myself on Saturday so I know exactly how much I have gained on the RESET (141 lbs before RESET) and I will also take measurements and pictures in a bikini to keep track of my progress. I will adjust my cals to TDEE -10% on Monday 30 July (reflecting my weight AFTER RESET) and stick to that for 4 weeks then do a TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -15% for 4 weeks then TDEE week then CUT to TDEE -20% and stay there until I reach my goal (doing a TDEE week every 4 weeks). I am going to weigh, measure and take pictures every Saturday.

I feel really positive about this process after reading all your stories and after having an ED for 3 years I know this is the right way to lose weight. Strong is the new Skinny and I want to be Healthy and Happy :-)

Kels x
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of cut! I ran my numbers on Scooby out of curiosity. They're pretty close to what I've calculated based on what I found my TDEE to be during reset. I'm only doing a 10% cut. I hope today's not another hungry day - I've had three or four of them in a row! I took new measurements today since I hadn't measured in a month. Some are up, some are down, many are the same. The ones that did changed only changed slightly.

I'm super excited to get this party started. I'm also trying to remind myself that this is about SLOW fat loss and not seeing the scale dropping like crazy. It's really har to keep away from that mindset after having it for so many years. I think it's hard knowing how much scale weight I have left that I'd like to lose. I'd really love to have my BMI say I'm healthy, but it's just going to be a long while. And I'm really trying to let go of my goal weight and have a goal body if that makes sense.

Anyways, I will try to take pictures once a month also. Hopefully I will see changes there even if the measuring tape gets stuck and/or the scale weight sticks for awhile.
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    tenpets: why are your protein levels so high? i saw your daily goal is like 250is grams of protein- that seems like a ton! dont most people do 40%carbs /30%protein /30%fat ?

LOL You must have looked at yesterday when I burned bout 1100 extra calories with exercise. That bumped up the protein by default through MFP to that rediculous number. :wink:

My daily protein is set to 151grams, which isn't even 1g/lb of body weight. So, it's not high at all. :happy: