Ab Exercises - What Do You Do?

Options
DarkFlutter
DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
Just wondering what everyone was planning on doing for ab exercises.
Sit-ups/crunches hurt my back so I can't do those.

However, I found and LOVE the Ab Roller (came out a few years ago).
It's kind of a reverse sit-up that you do on your hands/knees.

Replies

• reecie1034
    reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of routes that I plan on taking.... I have "Jackie Crunch-Free XTreme Abs" 15 min workout DvDs plus some Ab workouts on my EA Sport Wii...
    I will most likely incorporate one of those workouts into my walking to meet the "45 ab rep" challenge this week... If that fails then, I will dust off the old AbLounge and put it to work again... Either way... The core will be BURNING :-D
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I, also, have a ab workout DVD that I was thinking of trying. Alternatively, I can't manage regular crunches, because of my back, so I do standing crunches. I actually find I end up feeling it more than a regular crunch, which probably means my form is better on the standing crunch than the regular one.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am going to do 200 crunches daily.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I, also, have a ab workout DVD that I was thinking of trying. Alternatively, I can't manage regular crunches, because of my back, so I do standing crunches. I actually find I end up feeling it more than a regular crunch, which probably means my form is better on the standing crunch than the regular one.

What's a standing crunch?
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It is a modified crunch, where you stand and tighten your abs. I find it doesn't strain my neck and back, as I am not on the floor to do them, and my abs actually feel like they have done something when I am done. I don't think I do the proper form for a regular crunch most times. I have done 100 so far today, and I know I will feel it tomorrow.