Introductions

Options
MoniqueAnn30
MoniqueAnn30 Posts: 21 Member
Hello, I have been successfully working at my weight loss since January. However, since I have come within 10lbs of my weight goal I have lost my motivation and need an extra boost. Research says if you have a community to check into you are more likely to meet your weight goal. So, here is my attempt to increase my motivation and meet my weight loss goal.

Replies

• minally
    minally Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I would like to lose some 10lbs or hopefully more. I really want to lose weight but I find myself getting back into my old habits of eating. I really need some motivation as well. It would help a lot. Please add me let's be friends and motivate each other to lose weight!
  • Chryskk
    Chryskk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm at the very beginning, so I have a long way yet to go. You're within 10 lbs! That's awesome!

I'm 100% motivated to lose 10lbs in August. We can do it!!!
  • simplyme44
    simplyme44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI, this is new to me but also a good way to start i'm game 10 pds i think i can do it this is great motivation !!
  • rachael_mo
    Options
    Hi all, im ready to lose 10 lbs in August. Soon it will be cooling off and much easier to get out and walk. I really hate summertime! Bikinis!!! The scariest word in the dictionary!!
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to losing ten pounds in August.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

So glad I was able to find a "challenge" that has not started yet :) We can do this!

Right now I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I am 5' 4'' and started at 274 weight 265 now.
    My goal is to first get down to 200 and then of course 180 and from there whatever is comfortable and healthy for me!

What is everyone's goal to do this? I am currently on day 3 of drinking ALL WATER for 7 days.
    I started this goal for myself because I hate water and never drink and the last 2 weeks the scale hasnt changed, so its an experiment for me. I also eat very healty - mostly fresh veggies and fruits all day with protein and fiber.

I also try to hit the gym 2-3 times per week or do on-demand work out videos as well as jumping jacks, squats, and crunches!

Good luck everyone!
  • fedmond70
    fedmond70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, would like to take the challenge to get going with rest of my weight lost.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm in. A great Boost for all.

I'm recovering from an ankle sprain and have limited ways to make cardio work into my program

= Relying on good nutrtion

=making up exercise circuits that have different rep counts, different exercises, along with upper body free weights with different
    weight and counts to get my heart pumping,

=lots of water, whey protein powder

=reduced calories from 1350 to 1200

Any tips I welcome.
  • green_guppy
    Options
    Not really a newbie...more like a former MFPer.

My weight loss had a jump start back in January when my Mr. issued a bikini challenge that would have me donning a two piece when he hit the 250 mark (at this point he had already lost 25lbs). It is summer time now, but I haven't had to don the two piece yet as he hasn't hit the 250 mark (lucky for me because I kinda have lost my workout mojo) but he is still plugging along, and since we are in the sunshine state, I still may have to sport a bikini in the near future!

Other than the bikini challenge, I want to lose the weight in order to feel better.

And so that I can be around for a long time to nag my Mr..

Good luck my fellow MFPers, and I look forward to taking this challenge together!
  • amandaschroeder
    amandaschroeder Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd love to lose 10 pounds in August. It will be a great boost right before school starts (I teach 3rd grade). If I can get the momentum going I can keep it going, and eventually lose my goal of 30-40 pounds. Good luck everyone!
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!! This is an awesome idea for people to get together, and accomplish something together as a group.

ADD ME and let's do this!!!
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm up for it! My mini-goals are always in ten pound increments.... so this is perfect.

My husband has recently joined me here at MFP and is into my efforts to eat healthy, we are busy trying new lo-cal recipes. My fitness plan would be to stay on track here (doable), drink 8 glasses of water daily (getting there), and increasing cardio exercise. My zumba class recently was cancelled, and I never thought I'd miss it.... boy I stink at it..... but I do miss it! :)
  • MoniqueAnn30
    Options
    Welcome to the group and thanks for joining!
  • MoniqueAnn30
    Options
    My fitness goals are similar to yours. Eat within cals, drink 8 cups of water, and workout at least four times a week.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am only 10 pounds from my goal and could use a good challenge to help me stay focused on going for the last 10.

I have been using Myfitnesspal for the last 3 months. I started when I began doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I have been pretty successful and have dropped almost 20 pounds, but the last 10 are always the hardest.
  • jhohn96
    jhohn96 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm very happy that I found this group :) My goal is to lose about ten pounds by the end of summer. Let's get started!
  • MommyMonk
    MommyMonk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose 10 pounds next month so this is perfect to keep me motivated. I am hoping to lose 25 by mid October for the Navy Ball so I can look great walking in on my husbands arm and feel confident. I am drinking more water and hope that Our vacation to Texas at the beginning of the month wont derail my new healthy eating or mess up my schedule for running. Maybe even get my mother in law to go with me.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I lost weight with MFP about a year ago, and then let some of it drift back on. I stopped paying attention to how much I ate and stopped logging in. I'm back "on the wagon" again and look forward to being part of the group. Ten pounds would get me to my goal!
  • SolarLibra
    SolarLibra Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello! I've been fluctuating a lot over the past few months, and would like to knock that mess off. 10 pounds in August would be just fantastic!
  • jailyn3
    jailyn3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Accountability is what I need. Another 10 pounds would be great by the end of August!