CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this...just started my cut after 4 weeks reset..UGH gained almost 7 pounds...tummy looked huge and felt totally bloated and terrible but I was patient like everyone said. I am a week into my cut and already down 5 pounds. THANK YOU

I have been doing a 20 % cut and am VERY hungry so I have to experiment with eating at TDEE for maintenance and a break, possible going back to only 15% CUT...hope I am doing this right. Good luck to everyone. I was a skeptic about EMTWL but I am a believer now.

11269213.png

Hi there, I would definitely go with a 15% cut, maybe even 10% and take a break every 4-6 weeks. 20% can be too large of a cut.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I stalk this thread daily for any signs of hope! haha...for real though, for signs that this whole thing is going to WORK!!! I am almost done with my reset in week 7 right now, going to start cut on July 30th after 8 full weeks of reset. I CANNOT WAIT! Don't get me wrong I am going to seriously miss my 2500cal per day (TDEE) but man oh man am I ready to shed these 6ish pounds that I've gained during my reset and for my clothes to fit properly again and to finally just maybe finally get BELOW my pre-reset weight. ugh! this has been such a long process and I'm so proud of myself for haning in there.
    Anyone else afraid of themselves? It's crazy how bad old habits creep back in...I so badly want to drop down to 1500cal per day and start to lose again...I will NOT do that...don't get me wrong. But the temptation is there!! All my clothes still fit but they do NOT fit right...they are tighter than normal, my stomach feels bigger than usual....things don't lay right, etc. I just want to feel good again! Here's to praying that this whole process has been worth it and that in the next few weeks I can report in this thread about how GREAT I'm feeling! PS - one great thing about this whole process for me is that I truly for once in my life do not care about what the scales says! If I can weigh 147 (which is what I weighed before this whole process and thought I neeeeeeded to get to 135) but my clothes are falling off of me and I lose inches and feel great then I would gladly welcome that 147!! =) So different than where my mind was at before doing the reset!

I felt (feel?) the same way about cut! Not that EM2WL won't work but that I will go back to old habits and take too many bites here, lick there. I am in day 3 of 10% cut and so far its been fine. I am surprised I have been able to keep my macros on target. Yesterday I was a bit off due to having jury duty and jury selection took the whole day plus and I had to buy my own lunch from one of the local places. All sandwich or Italian. I chose a wrap but I'm sure I was over on my carbs but I am not sweating it, that'll happen. I couldn't bring a lunch and leave it in my car since it was 103 yesterday :smokin:

The beginning is always the easiest for me though. I worry about TOM and when I get comfortable. Thats when I tend to slip up! Hopefully I keep seeing positive results and that will keep my on track!!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today, and up less than a pound. That makes it a total of about 3.25 in 9 weeks and always hungry.

Taking the plunge today.

Dropping 300 cals to 2180 (per BM core), but will readjust in a couple of weeks due to starting New Rules today (yea! more food:bigsmile: ). Also putting the scale away for the next 6 weeks (level one), but taking measurements and pictures (I'll make sure to post those in 6 weeks). The reason I'm taking a 300 cal cut instead of a percent is this:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx

Kiki said to have goals, so by the end of December (should be done with first round of New Rules) my goal is to:
    Drop inches in Chest 2, waist 6, hips 4, scale weight 10-15 pounds...I think that's realistic (based on current measurements).

So I'll be posting here for my progress (slow as it may be :wink: ), can't weight to SEE a smaller me!

I think I'm going to agree with this, for myself, that 300 might be my magic number. I've seen this before my reset, and I think my body is leaning in this direction.

I'm into Week 3 of my cut. First week, lost 3 pounds. Second week, steadily gained it back. Start of the third week, I'm ready to throw my scale out the window (but I won't, because I'm a daily weigher and want to record all data, good or bad). My body seems to be either confused or adamant about not wanting to let go of water weight. It's holding onto sodium like crazy. It's balking at the extra day of HIIT I decided to throw at it because I was eager to see the fat come off, so it's retaining water and making my muscles sore. I almost feel like I did way back in the fall, before EM2WL, when I was working out 8 days in a row and eating slightly lower cals in an effort to make a dent.

I think I'm impatient about wanting the fat to go away, so I'm going to look at my data and see what I was doing when my weight was trending downward. What I'll probably see is that I was eating at decent levels, and working out 3x/week (2 lifting, 1 HIIT). Seeing everyone on my news feed getting in great calorie burns and being so active makes me think I have to be working out super hard 5x/week, but for me that might not be the case. To compensate for less frequent workouts, however, I have been letting my cal deficit slide into the 500s. The result? WEIGHT GAIN. :mad: However, when I hover between a 200-300 deficit, the scale stays still, or trends downward even just a little.

And yes, I'm aware that the scale weight is not really supposed to be the be-all-end-all gauge of success. It's hard to see that at the beginning stages of the cut, when all I want to do is make sure the weight I gained is gone. I took measurements at the beginning of the cut, but will check them next Monday when I feel more confident that things might slim down. I will give this cut the full four weeks, giving things a chance, but I have to say that I'm not thrilled that losing after the reset isn't easy peasy. It's work. Like everything else.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    Weighed in today, and up less than a pound. That makes it a total of about 3.25 in 9 weeks and always hungry.

Taking the plunge today.

Dropping 300 cals to 2180 (per BM core), but will readjust in a couple of weeks due to starting New Rules today (yea! more food:bigsmile: ). Also putting the scale away for the next 6 weeks (level one), but taking measurements and pictures (I'll make sure to post those in 6 weeks). The reason I'm taking a 300 cal cut instead of a percent is this:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx

Kiki said to have goals, so by the end of December (should be done with first round of New Rules) my goal is to:
    Drop inches in Chest 2, waist 6, hips 4, scale weight 10-15 pounds...I think that's realistic (based on current measurements).

So I'll be posting here for my progress (slow as it may be :wink: ), can't weight to SEE a smaller me!

I think I'm going to agree with this, for myself, that 300 might be my magic number. I've seen this before my reset, and I think my body is leaning in this direction.

I'm into Week 3 of my cut. First week, lost 3 pounds. Second week, steadily gained it back. Start of the third week, I'm ready to throw my scale out the window (but I won't, because I'm a daily weigher and want to record all data, good or bad). My body seems to be either confused or adamant about not wanting to let go of water weight. It's holding onto sodium like crazy. It's balking at the extra day of HIIT I decided to throw at it because I was eager to see the fat come off, so it's retaining water and making my muscles sore. I almost feel like I did way back in the fall, before EM2WL, when I was working out 8 days in a row and eating slightly lower cals in an effort to make a dent.

I think I'm impatient about wanting the fat to go away, so I'm going to look at my data and see what I was doing when my weight was trending downward. What I'll probably see is that I was eating at decent levels, and working out 3x/week (2 lifting, 1 HIIT). Seeing everyone on my news feed getting in great calorie burns and being so active makes me think I have to be working out super hard 5x/week, but for me that might not be the case. To compensate for less frequent workouts, however, I have been letting my cal deficit slide into the 500s. The result? WEIGHT GAIN. :mad: However, when I hover between a 200-300 deficit, the scale stays still, or trends downward even just a little.

And yes, I'm aware that the scale weight is not really supposed to be the be-all-end-all gauge of success. It's hard to see that at the beginning stages of the cut, when all I want to do is make sure the weight I gained is gone. I took measurements at the beginning of the cut, but will check them next Monday when I feel more confident that things might slim down. I will give this cut the full four weeks, giving things a chance, but I have to say that I'm not thrilled that losing after the reset isn't easy peasy. It's work. Like everything else.

ARGH!! this is so TOTALLY not what I wanted to hear!! bummer! I have a feeling this will be my report as well. I am so afraid this weight isn't going to fall off! Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing, we're here for you! =)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    ARGH!! this is so TOTALLY not what I wanted to hear!! bummer! I have a feeling this will be my report as well. I am so afraid this weight isn't going to fall off! Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing, we're here for you! =)

seobstar, I'm not trying to scare you, don't despair! Weight DID come off. But my body is adjusting to everything and, like everything else, it's taking time. These are only my results, and hopefully everyone else will have better success stories. It's only been 3 weeks into the cut, so I'm hoping things improve in the next 2 weeks. I'm definitely hanging in there, it's for the long run.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of my 10% cut. I've ended up close to my goal of 2000 so far...below a little on days 1 and 2, and over by 20-30 cals today. Having trouble with the macros, mostly because pasta was on the menu for dinner last night and today for lunch. I tried to compensate for it by watching my carbs on other meals, but it is amazing how my carbs get blown out of the water with one serving of spaghetti! No wonder it's been a couple of months since we've had pasta...

Other than that, I'm doing well. I haven't felt hungry, I've been intentional about eating foods that will keep me feeling full, and I don't feel remotely deprived--after all, I still get to eat 2000 calories! I can't even imagine how I used to eat 1200-1400 regularly. Crazy.:happy:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Three days of cut done. I have yet to be at or under my calorie goal! I'm sure I will get there. I could've made it today if I hadn't decided to have an ice cream cone. Doh! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done for me and so far Ivebeen doing good. Not hungry yet, managing to stay right at my cut value.. Carbs are on the high side though, so I need to work on those. My lunch plans both days got totally messed up so I ended up in the carbs more than I normally am.
    Af arrives in about 2 days so Im not holding out hope of seeing a loss this week because of it..

So far so good though
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done for me and so far Ivebeen doing good. Not hungry yet, managing to stay right at my cut value.. Carbs are on the high side though, so I need to work on those. My lunch plans both days got totally messed up so I ended up in the carbs more than I normally am.
    Af arrives in about 2 days so Im not holding out hope of seeing a loss this week because of it..

So far so good though
    I too found myself high on the carbs since cutting. It messed with my macros.
    But will get there
  • Noor13
    Options
    So I am joining you guys too
    After some consideration, cause in the beginning of the fasting month I thought I would have to cut down by 600 kcal a day due to cut and a change in activity, I decided that I would do the cut now. Luckily my FitBit is telling me, that even though I am not doing much cardio at the moment, my burns are not as low as I thought they would be. So I can get away with a 350kcal cut, which is doable.
    I am on day 4 as of today. I am feeling great, not too hungry, but it is hard to tell how it will be, when I am going back to normal eating and not fasting from 3am to 9pm.
    I am happy that I managed to keep the weight lifting up.
    I did gain 10lbs and I will step on the scale today to see what is happening :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Had a drop this morning. I'm trying to be patient and not log it as official. My weigh-in day is Friday, so I'm planning to wait until then to enter it. It's exciting to see nonetheless!
  • Noor13
    Options
    Had a drop this morning. I'm trying to be patient and not log it as official. My weigh-in day is Friday, so I'm planning to wait until then to enter it. It's exciting to see nonetheless!
    I bet it is :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I bet it is :)

Lol!! Wednesdays are my official WI so today I did record it.. It showed a two pound drop since Monday, but according to Sunday's number its only a .4 drop... either way its down:)
    TOM is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I dont think there will be anything else to share on the scale, and I leave for vacation next monday.
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I stalk this thread daily for any signs of hope! haha...for real though, for signs that this whole thing is going to WORK!!! I am almost done with my reset in week 7 right now, going to start cut on July 30th after 8 full weeks of reset. I CANNOT WAIT! Don't get me wrong I am going to seriously miss my 2500cal per day (TDEE) but man oh man am I ready to shed these 6ish pounds that I've gained during my reset and for my clothes to fit properly again and to finally just maybe finally get BELOW my pre-reset weight. ugh! this has been such a long process and I'm so proud of myself for haning in there.
    Anyone else afraid of themselves? It's crazy how bad old habits creep back in...I so badly want to drop down to 1500cal per day and start to lose again...I will NOT do that...don't get me wrong. But the temptation is there!! All my clothes still fit but they do NOT fit right...they are tighter than normal, my stomach feels bigger than usual....things don't lay right, etc. I just want to feel good again! Here's to praying that this whole process has been worth it and that in the next few weeks I can report in this thread about how GREAT I'm feeling! PS - one great thing about this whole process for me is that I truly for once in my life do not care about what the scales says! If I can weigh 147 (which is what I weighed before this whole process and thought I neeeeeeded to get to 135) but my clothes are falling off of me and I lose inches and feel great then I would gladly welcome that 147!! =) So different than where my mind was at before doing the reset!

I am also a stalker of this thread & will start my cut on July 30th and have also gained about 5ish pounds....we can be "cut" buddies :bigsmile: I am planning on starting at 10% for 4 weeks and then a week at TDEE and so on and so forth.

I have also broken the scale hold...it's now just another data point and I have used it to make sure that I hit my TDEE....it's amazing that I no longer let that number determine my mood.

And I feel the same way -- most of my clothes still fit (some shorts I wont' see until next summer) but they feel tight and just don't fit right. But I do know that I am stronger...I have been tracking my weights over the past 5 weeks and I am seeing the numbers increase so that's wicked rewarding....so I am hoping to shed my layer of fluff while eating....
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, I gained about 8 lb and 1.5 inches on reset. I have been on cut for 3 wks and have lost 3 of the 8 lb that I gained, but better yet, I am down 2 full inches on my waist from the gain on the reset. My clothes are fitting better and my arms are firmer. I have really been trying to follow a cut number, but find that if I set myself for 10% cut, but try to stay between 10-15%, I do better. I like to have wiggle room. I feel very good on this and it is wonderful to have a feeling of freedom while losing weight. I never really had that before. I only felt restricted. It is truly something that I feel I will be able to sustain. I absolutely love it and I was just looking ahead to Labor Day weekend when I am going to visit my sister and brother in law- that is the week I will go back to reset cals for a week~! How awesome is that? Gotta love this philosphy and this way of life.
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this...just started my cut after 4 weeks reset..UGH gained almost 7 pounds...tummy looked huge and felt totally bloated and terrible but I was patient like everyone said. I am a week into my cut and already down 5 pounds. THANK YOU

I have been doing a 20 % cut and am VERY hungry so I have to experiment with eating at TDEE for maintenance and a break, possible going back to only 15% CUT...hope I am doing this right. Good luck to everyone. I was a skeptic about EMTWL but I am a believer now.

11269213.png

Hi there, I would definitely go with a 15% cut, maybe even 10% and take a break every 4-6 weeks. 20% can be too large of a cut.

Thank you...I will try it this way..sounds good to me! ;)
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options

I am also a stalker of this thread & will start my cut on July 30th and have also gained about 5ish pounds....we can be "cut" buddies :bigsmile: I am planning on starting at 10% for 4 weeks and then a week at TDEE and so on and so forth.

I have also broken the scale hold...it's now just another data point and I have used it to make sure that I hit my TDEE....it's amazing that I no longer let that number determine my mood.

And I feel the same way -- most of my clothes still fit (some shorts I wont' see until next summer) but they feel tight and just don't fit right. But I do know that I am stronger...I have been tracking my weights over the past 5 weeks and I am seeing the numbers increase so that's wicked rewarding....so I am hoping to shed my layer of fluff while eating....

ha!! YES, we'll definitelybe cut buddies!! Can't wait to get started!! =)
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options

ha!! YES, we'll definitelybe cut buddies!! Can't wait to get started!! =)

Count me in - my cut day is the 28th.
  • macnurseapril
    macnurseapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    CUT week two (still at 2650 cals)

No change in the scale, but....

I've lost an inch off each of:

Underbust
    Natural Waist
    Pants waist
    Bicep
    Thighs