1 mile challenge/5 day walk

Options
tpartee3
tpartee3 Posts: 21 Member
Would anyone like to start a walk challenge this week? If so, just walk one mile for 5 days using any of Leslie's dvd's. Then log in here, tell us which one you used and your success. I am hoping to build consistency in my workout and praying this help others too. It starts Monday and will end Friday. On Friday each successful person can share their reward for completing this challenge. Looking forward to meeting you here!

Replies

• Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I will join your challenge i love her videos and i need to get motivated again
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'm in...
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to start a walk challenge this week? If so, just walk one mile for 5 days using any of Leslie's dvd's. Then log in here, tell us which one you used and your success. I am hoping to build consistency in my workout and praying this help others too. It starts Monday and will end Friday. On Friday each successful person can share their reward for completing this challenge. Looking forward to meeting you here!

Sure, I am IN as well.

I did 3 MILES of Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan Dvd. :smile:
  • tpartee3
    Options
    Great! I am so excited that you all decided to join me in our quest for life long health. I will be doing Leslie's 4 mile superchallenge (the first mile only). Feel free to add on or take a walk along with your dvd. Enjoy your day!
    Taris:wink:
  • tpartee3
    Options
    Day 2 of the chcallenge. I pushed myself today because I wanted to see how many calories I would earn from a 60 minute workout. I found out over 500!!! Wow.. So I did WATP express again 4 mile challenge. The whole thing. Stay motivated!!
  • vernessie
    vernessie Posts: 47
    Options
    I will join tha challenge
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too:) I did (halfheartedly) the three-mile walk. My husband called during my last half mile, so I didn't use my arms... I have to work for it! Which video is your favorite? I own two...
  • tpartee3
    Options
    I'm in, too:) I did (halfheartedly) the three-mile walk. My husband called during my last half mile, so I didn't use my arms... I have to work for it! Which video is your favorite? I own two...
    I must say the three mile walk and WATP-express 4 mile challenge. I have about 10 dvds so that I won't get bored.
  • tpartee3
    Options
    Hey guys complete this challenge and next week we can add on!
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Leslie's Muscle Mile Walk each morning.
    Walking and exercising with the two lb walk away balls at the same time.
    Love it and the 30 minutes goes by quickly!
  • amillerwvu
    Options
    I own WATP 3 workouts on 1 DVD:
    1 mile--high calorie burn
    2 mile--super fat burn
    3 mile--get up and get started
    This DVD uses weights.

I also own Leslie's Walk Slim Fast and Firm; 4 Really Big Miles (you can stop after any mile and do the stretches.) It came with a band that you can use during the 4th mile. Not sure if I'll do that or not bc I'm not too coordinated. I might try and do it with weights; however, I'm not ready for 4 miles quite yet:/
    Music is much better on this one, but it's fast (for me). I can do it, but I sweat...lol. Today I did up to then end of mile 3 and the stretches on this DVD.
  • amillerwvu
    Options

Does this one have upbeat music?...like more modern. I'm looking for ones that have the peppy music (if I make any sense...lol)
  • evajg
    Options
    It's not like modern or contemporary songs really. It's just upbeat background music that changes with the intensity.

The dvd has 5 different workouts on it.
    The Muscle Mile with weights
    The Two Mile walk ....I like this, be prepared to sweat!
    The Diet Mile walk (very beginner, very basic)
    The Walk Strong with the stretch band (came with dvd) that crosses between fast walking & intervals of muscle stretching
    The Anyone Can do Pilates ....I haven't tried this yet.
  • tpartee3
    Options

Does this one have upbeat music?...like more modern. I'm looking for ones that have the peppy music (if I make any sense...lol)
    no not really. but I love walk your belly flat. it has some groovy tunes on it
  • tpartee3
    Options
    Howis everybody doing on this challenge? Just one more day to go! You can do it. Even if you've fell off the wagon. Get backk on and finish strong!!
  • evajg
    Options
    I haven't heard of walk your belly flat....is that one of Leslie's? I really need to check that out!
  • tpartee3
    Options
    I haven't heard of walk your belly flat....is that one of Leslie's? I really need to check that out!
    Yes it is. It is a 3 mile walk
  • tpartee3
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who succeeded in this challenge! I hope you will be on board with next week's challenge. It starts Monday. Any day you miss make it up on Saturday. Next week's challenge is the same as this week just add one extra mile on any day of your choice! Who's in? Look forward to celebrating with you
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i did Monday-4 fast miles, tuesday- 1 miles wedneday- 2 miles, saturday- 4 fast miles
  • tpartee3
    Options
    i did Monday-4 fast miles, tuesday- 1 miles wedneday- 2 miles, saturday- 4 fast miles
    Good Job!