Daily chat thread?

Options
melainemelaine
melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
Hi everyone,

anyone wants to just have a daily chat thread on here? Would be nice, not everything always fits into a topic by its own.

I'm on my day 2 of the attack phase and I feel great so far.
How's everyone doing?

M :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cathmcb
    cathmcb Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi there,
    How long are you going to stay with the attack phase ? Good luck with your weight loss journey.

I´m just nearing the end of cruise phase ( I hope) it´s been a bit of a plateau time the last week or so but PMT no doubt has something to do with it.

I´m a bit nervous of the next phase I have to say but I´m pleased with my results so far.

Have a good day
  • melainemelaine
    Options
    Hi Cath,

Thanks very much!

I'm going to be on this for four days in total. I'm thrilled by everyone's great results. Good luck with maintaining it now!
    I only got 49 days of cruise phase, it says overall I should be done and dusted and going into maintaining it by December, just in time for Christmas and to be able to eat normally LOL.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I am on consolidation thru August 14th… I started on Dukan on 12/31/11… It has been a pretty smooth ride. I still have an aversion to rice , bread,pasta and potatoes. I have added an extra fruit to my daily plan to make up for not eating any of those things on consolidation. I have gone from 174 to 135 and feel great!

Hope everyone has a great Dukan day!
  • melainemelaine
    Options
    Great idea! I am on consolidation thru August 14th… I started on Dukan on 12/31/11… It has been a pretty smooth ride. I still have an aversion to rice , bread,pasta and potatoes. I have added an extra fruit to my daily plan to make up for not eating any of those things on consolidation. I have gone from 174 to 135 and feel great!

Wow! Well done!

Do you think the diet has 'reprogrammed' you regarding your view on bread, pasta, potatoes...?
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Funny, i was going to ask if there is anyone in the consolidation or stabilization phase who still shys away from the big, bad starches. I can't see myself eating them either. As of now, I am in the Cruise Phase since 3 weeks and hoping that the weight will continue to drop. Some days are better than others, but I feel great so that's always a bonus!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've totally lost all interest in porridge, pasta and potatoes. I feel like someone has played with my mind!

I had a weekend totally off plan last weekend and I was amazed how I felt. I didn't feel bloated or icky, but one thing I did notice is that as soon as I had some starchy foods (I had a chicken pizza for dinner one night and a chicken burger with bun for lunch the next) I filled up really quickly and couldn't clear my plate.

This diet has definitely done something to the way I see starches. Even when I have them I get bored of them and don't want as much!
  • pkw58
    Options

Wow! Well done!

Do you think the diet has 'reprogrammed' you regarding your view on bread, pasta, potatoes...?

I think I just feel so good and the during the attack phase all I craved was a nice sliced tomato. I think the diet attack and cruise phases rewire your whole body. And honestly, i work to get all the "super" foods in as much as I can. (salmon, tomatoes , broccoli, etc) I am addicted to greek yogurt and am quite picky about it! i do like those silly oat bran gallettes… I think food tastes better since I got on Dukan, and I find I don't need to eat as much to be ever so full. I just think I blame my former excess weight on a really bad low nutritional value carb addition.. and I don't want to relapse
  • melainemelaine
    Options

Wow! Well done!

I think I just feel so good and the during the attack phase all I craved was a nice sliced tomato. I think the diet attack and cruise phases rewire your whole body. And honestly, i work to get all the "super" foods in as much as I can. (salmon, tomatoes , broccoli, etc) I am addicted to greek yogurt and am quite picky about it! i do like those silly oat bran gallettes… I think food tastes better since I got on Dukan, and I find I don't need to eat as much to be ever so full. I just think I blame my former excess weight on a really bad low nutritional value carb addition.. and I don't want to relapse

Makes total sense! Glad it's working so well for you. Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • melainemelaine
    Options
    Day four of attack phase and I'm still feeling great. I managed to attend a party last night and only have coke zero LOL - well proud today, and enjoying the hangover free Saturday!
  • pkw58
    Options
    Day four of attack phase and I'm still feeling great. I managed to attend a party last night and only have coke zero LOL - well proud today, and enjoying the hangover free Saturday!

Congrats!
  • miss0belinda
    Options
    hi there I'm on day 7
    i did the attack phase for 6 days and lost 1.5kg I'm really happy with that and now I'm on the send phase i have had one bad day but long as you don't give up and do your 20min a day it work well it has for me
  • pkw58
    Options
    hi there I'm on day 7
    i did the attack phase for 6 days and lost 1.5kg I'm really happy with that and now I'm on the send phase i have had one bad day but long as you don't give up and do your 20min a day it work well it has for me

I lived by making sure I do my 20 minutes a day of walking and my one hour of standing. I have a desk job and I really strive to maintain and increase my activity level any way I can - hate the gym!!
  • melainemelaine
    Options
    Hello all.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    I'm on day 7 today, had 4 days of attack phase, so today is a PV day. As per this mornings weigh-in I dropped 2kg in the last 7 days. Whoop!
    I'm currently weigh-in daily to see if there's any sort of trend and to stay on top of my goals.

Additional motivation is my upcoming beach holiday, only 14 days left!
  • Beth429
    Beth429 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today was my first successful day of the Attack Phase! So Excited! Skinny me, here I COME!
  • melainemelaine
    Options
    Today was my first successful day of the Attack Phase! So Excited! Skinny me, here I COME!

Yay, well done! You'll see it's a lot easier than you think.
  • mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The thing with attack, its something to get used to but once you do - its the best thing ever.

Im about 5-6 weeks into this diet now but have more protein days than necessary as i love never being bloated anymore. I feel so free from that heaviness for the first time ever.... thankyou Dr Dukan!
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I just started the Attack phase yesterday - I love protein so I am hoping I can stick to this. I am going to be on this phase for 5 - 6 days. I have just booked a trip to Mexico for November 3rd - so really hoping to lose some significant weight before then. I am not sure how much to expect (I never seem to lose the same as advertised, you know that phrase "results not typical"), but I am hoping to lose around 20 lbs (works out to 1.6 lbs a week). Also, I had protein powder this morning before I found out that it is not allowed (I am waiting for the book to come in at the library) so I hope that doesn't screw me up too much. Anyway, I am not going to weigh myself until next Wednesday so we shall see.
  • pkw58
    Options
    Had a good day despite forgetting to eat breakfast this morning…I just shifted calories/meals to lunch, tea, then dinner. pretty proud of not over doing it and staying within my food choices!
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello all - I just started the Attack phase yesterday - I love protein so I am hoping I can stick to this. I am going to be on this phase for 5 - 6 days. I have just booked a trip to Mexico for November 3rd - so really hoping to lose some significant weight before then. I am not sure how much to expect (I never seem to lose the same as advertised, you know that phrase "results not typical"), but I am hoping to lose around 20 lbs (works out to 1.6 lbs a week). Also, I had protein powder this morning before I found out that it is not allowed (I am waiting for the book to come in at the library) so I hope that doesn't screw me up too much. Anyway, I am not going to weigh myself until next Wednesday so we shall see.
    I weighed myself everyday on Attack and it was SO motivating! I lost 1.8 pounds the first day and another 1.5 the next day, and a total of 5 in three days. So consider it - might help you stick to it!
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks I will weigh tomorrow and see what I have lost - that will be after 4 days on attack.