Leslie Sansone July 2012 Walk Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• yolanda69
    yolanda69 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join the challenge. Do you start fresh each month? I'm shooting for 3-5 miles daily on her videos.
  • mish1969
    mish1969 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join the challenge. Do you start fresh each month? I'm shooting for 3-5 miles daily on her videos.

Hi Yolanda
    I am new here as well and yes I am going to start adding my miles up
    at the beggining of the month as I only joined last week
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options

Hi Yolanda
    I am new here as well and yes I am going to start adding my miles up
    at the beggining of the month as I only joined last week
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:

Hi yolanda, and welcome. I also joined in the middle of this month and just made a mini goal of what to complete by the end of the month. So feel free to make a goal for the days that remain in July or just post your walks. It is all about the exercise :smile: and all good.

Thanks for the encouragement mish1969 :heart: , yay for another 3 miles for you!!

This afternoon I walked the first 3 miles in the Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles DVD.

Goal - 35 Miles for the rest of July.
    So far - 35 miles
    Gonna press on for more miles in July :flowerforyou:
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ive done 24 miles so far.
    I did 4 fast miles today... another freebie off youtube. Definately my fave Leslie workout so far I absolutley loved it! Its much faster than the others, and omg it made me sweat lol
    Good work everyone xx
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Way to go, kazala. I borrow that one from the library and Yep! it is fast :noway: .

This afternoon I walked the "30 Minute Walk" (2 miles) from the WAP For Your Week DVD. I also walked a lot at the mall when I went out to play today.

So far - 37 miles
    Gonna press on for more miles in July
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    This afternoon I used the Walk Away the Pounds Express, Advanced walk (3 miles).

So far - 40 miles

Early this morning I walked outdoors with the dog for a little while and then 30 minutes by myself. My doggie wants to explore every blade of grass or leaf :noway: so I need to go it alone also a couple times a week when I can.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day :flowerforyou:
  • mish1969
    Options
    Texasgardner, that made me laugh :laugh: about your dog
    My puppy used to be the same had to stop and sniff at
    everything...
    4 miles done and dusted:flowerforyou:
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just bought 5 Really Big Miles tonight and couldn't wait to get home to try it. I did the warmup and the first 1 mile walk. It was fun and fast paced, I liked how Leslie is peppy and encouraging without being annoying like some teachers can be (ahem, Jillian Michaels). I was pretty surprised how sweaty I was by the end of the mile; I actually couldn't get the shower cold enough to cool me down lol. Will do this again tomorrow for sure. I'm looking forward to next month where I can set a goal and be motivated with you guys :)
  • mish1969
    Options
    Well done Jessica :drinker:
    It's a great feeling to start exercising again
    I love the dvds and they are not as easy as some would think
    Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Last night I did the walk and jog. Love that video. That's another 2 miles so 26 so far. 4 to go for July :)
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi all.
    mish1969, 4 miles -- that is awesome!
    Jessica, that is so cool tackling the first mile of 5 Really Big Miles. Those miles ARE totally fast paced.
    kazala, you are rocking out your July goal. Go you!!

This afternoon I did the Walk Away the Pounds Express, 4 mile super challenge.

So far - 44 miles

Happy weekend to all :glasses:
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    2 miles today! the warm up, mile 1 and mile 2 with the resistance bands (which incidentally gave the cat a workout too).
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Good for you Jessica!!! two miles in the bag. LOL about the cat :laugh:

This afternoon I did 3 miles using the WAH 5 Day Slim Down - Day 4 (tummy), Day 1 (classic), and Day 5 (speed walk).
    [Also did some hard in the garden this morning :flowerforyou: ]

So far - 47 miles

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Morning All! I have been on vacation so back at it this morning. Looks like I won't make my 40 this month but will give it another shot in August right?

Did 3 miles + abs of Just Walk this morning. May try to get in another mile or 2 later.

GOAL - 40 Miles
    So Far - 23
    Left - 17 big ones

Have a great week!
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    2 miles today! the warm up, mile 1 and mile 2 with the resistance bands (which incidentally gave the cat a workout too).

HA! Does your cat go nuts with the bands too? So does mine. This morning she just moved out of my way into my office chair.
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I totally sucked rocks big time this month--but that's ok I am not giving up...A new months starts in 2 days and I will be ready
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Reneejax22, Oh, please be gentle and kind to yourself. We are our worst critics, especially in how we talk negative to ourselves. It was an off month for your BUT you said that you are not gonna give up.... now THAT rocks good!!! B/c that's the positive good stuff. You go girl. Can't wait to be 'walking' with you soon :flowerforyou:

princessf1, That is so nice that you were on vacation :smile: . Batteries were recharged again!!!. Good going getting that ab toning session in with the 3 miles.

This afternoon I did 3 miles using the WAP Fat Burning DVD. Power Mile (one mile) and Walk Strong (2 miles) using my 1 # wrist weights.

Goal - 35 Miles for the rest of July. (Never made a 'goal' before as I'm new to this forum this month so I'll have to evaluate more realistically for August and challenge myself. Since discovering L.S. WAP DVDs in April this year I have just walked what I felt like or had time for each day.)
    So far - 50 miles

[Also did some hard work in the garden this morning. Yay, between working on Sat and today the day lily are all transplanted and some other major trimming back done in the back sections]
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    texasgardnr you are so correct, thanks for that reminder :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Today's DVD: WAH Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles.

Today: 3 miles
    Goal: 35 Miles for the rest of July
    So far: 53

Have a good rest of your day :flowerforyou: