Cashew Pralines

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I was in the kitchen experimenting, made a super simple recipe. It taste so good I had trouble putting the other three servings in small containers, but I did it, YAY!

Cashew Pralines (4) servings

3 oz. Roasted unsalted cashews
1 tbs. Cocoa Butter
1 tbs. Butter
1 tbs. Coconut oil extra virgin, unrefined
1 tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa powder (Toll house)
2 squirts liquid no calorie sweetener

Directions:
Put all oils in bowl, nuke until melted.
Add Cocoa powder, sweetener and mix thoroughly.
Put parchment paper on small saucer, add all cashews and pour mix over cashew
Freeze for 20 - 30 minutes. Pull out and cut into (4) servings

The nutritional info is on second pic. A little high on carbs 7.5. So be careful. It probably would be very easy to eat the whole thing.
Per serving:
15g Fat
7.5 Carb
4g Prot.

You can substitute other oils. I chose the virgin coconut to give it a hint of coconut flavor. And I probably will do it with pecans or peanuts next time.

csun3pfizcfl.jpg
gn139fhzdvbj.jpg

Enjoy!

Dan the Man from Michigan
Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
Raspberry Fat Bombs
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
Cocoa Butter @ www.bulkapothecary.com
Cocoa Dusted Nuts Recipe

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! must try this, thanks.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hooo my gosh. If only...the carbs are a bit high for me, though!
    I might try with a different nut. -_-

-T.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Umm, YUM!!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Weird question, but like it does with other nutritional value, doesn't microwaving these oils neutralize some of their nutritional whammy?
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    OMG Dan..... Looks so good.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Weird question, but like it does with other nutritional value, doesn't microwaving these oils neutralize some of their nutritional whammy?

I barely get the oil over 100 degrees. Please don't tell me that microwaves are bad for you....(yes, I have heard of that conspiracy before, it started in the 70's-80's when microwaves where first being sold. Probably the normal heating stovetop manufacturers didn't like the competition.)

I know a vegan that only eats live plant food. You can't bake, microwave, boil or heat any plant food that you eat. (And some people think Keto was restrictive!)

• DittoDan
    Options
    OMG Dan..... Looks so good.

They are good. I made some pecan & almond ones last night....

• SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    LOL DittoDan I used to be a raw vegan. It was a lot of work to live that way but it felt great though-- lots of energy and a health buzz all the time.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I barely get the oil over 100 degrees. Please don't tell me that microwaves are bad for you....(yes, I have heard of that conspiracy before, it started in the 70's-80's when microwaves where first being sold. Probably the normal heating stovetop manufacturers didn't like the competition.)

I know a vegan that only eats live plant food. You can't bake, microwave, boil or heat any plant food that you eat. (And some people think Keto was restrictive!)

I wasn't saying that. I was honestly just curious, because heaven knows how many times we've heard that. But, I have done the experiment with microwaving water to boiling, and watering two plants, one with tepid tap water, one with cooled microwaved water, and there is a noticeable difference. So I was just curious!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I want to get rid of our microwave but my kids don't want me to.... They use it daily, but I usually use the stove or oven. I get better results when cooking traditionally and this saves me from being creeped out by warnings of the potential negative health impacts of microwaves.

The image I have in my mind when I use the microwave is an image from the movie, "The Fly" where the human gets "zapped" in that machine, and although he is not aware of the changes at first.......we know he eventually loses his human integrity...he becomes something else. That is what I imagine is happening to my food when I use the microwave...it resembles food, but we don't really know how much we have altered the food's composition by microwaving it. I have heard that watering plants story, so if I wouldn't water my plants with microwaved water, I wouldn't want to drink that water either, not to mention food.

Now I have no idea if there are adverse health effects from using the microwave, but this is the feeling I have. Everyone is free to choose whatever they wish to do, and respect that others have differing opinions. It's for similar reasons that I choose to limit my use of plastics or chemicals, it's why I don't want to eat MSG or high fructose corn syrup, or take drugs, or use non stick pans. I'm trying to eliminate toxins from my life, and I think that everything I do to achieve the most natural life I can get is a good things for me to do.

I have a little "butter warmer" a little pot that is used on top of the stove that would be perfect to make something like this...........but of course, I'd want to build a fire to cook it over first............