August 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the August 2015 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Saturday, August 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any JULY miles here. We will continue updating the JULY spreadsheet using the JULY thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of August. Please add only your AUGUST goals/miles to this AUGUST thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    I'm in for 60 again. I may need to up it though if I end up adding some cycling in. I didn't do any cycling in July but miss it.

Dave
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Okay, let's do this! I went over goal in June and then set the bar too high for July. I'm hoping to get back to my biking routine. If it's too hot, there's always the gym.

exercise.png

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    150 miles again for August!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member
    I am getting stronger every day... :)

Put me down for 300 miles.... :D

I know I can do this and bust it wide open.... Watch and see.... :D

Let's getting moving....good luck to everyone .... :)

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,826 Member
    250 miles for me please!
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    30 miles for August please!
  • darkrider42
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Yikes, you ladies are all making me feel like a slacker for my puny little 60 miles.... :laugh: :laugh: I'd better up my game a little! lol I am planning to get some biking in this month. I didn't do a single mile on a bike in July. But I will up my goal to 100 for August. :blush:

Dave
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I'm going to aim for 400 in August, since I blew that away in July. I have at least 1 long bike ride planned, so shouldn't be too hard.
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I am going to stick with 60. I am going to start implementing swimming into my workout and I can not track that distance. If I start riding my bike again I will increase it.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    100 for me, please. More cycling than last month planned for me, too!

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    ... in again for August! Going to aim for 80 running miles.
  • darkrider42

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

And my apologies, I didn't mean to make light of any goal being "too small"....like I've always said, everyone's "hard" is different and so is how much someone can do before they hit their point where they're at risk for injury. I've just been playing my goal a little too safe and besides, I want to bike more now. Both of my bikes (regular and stationary) are feeling sorely neglected! :blush:

Dave
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    I'm In for 65 miles again. :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Going for 90 again
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,259 Member
    I'm going for 200 again in August.

Thanks, Dave!

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Yikes, you ladies are all making me feel like a slacker for my puny little 60 miles.... :laugh: :laugh: I'd better up my game a little! lol I am planning to get some biking in this month. I didn't do a single mile on a bike in July. But I will up my goal to 100 for August. :blush:

Dave

You so got this... :)

Everyones goal is different that is what is so very special about our team... We root for you no matter if you goal is 1 mile or 1000 miles... We are all in this together .... Thanks so much to all of you for being there for me... :)
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Going to aim for 120 miles in August. Good luck everyone, and thanks as always to our dedicated mods for keeping this going. You rock! :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    I'm going to go for 90 miles. I've got some appts with a trainer to work on strength and lifting which I need to do more of, but don't want to let miles and steps fall by the wayside. Walking outside is such great therapy for my little brain as well as the body.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    I am still having problems with my back, gonna slow down some on miles (maybe, I am stubborn that way) so put me in for 175 miles. The Vuelta challenge starts Aug 22, I hope I can be ready.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    I think I will set 105 miles for August goal.. Giddy up!
This discussion has been closed.