Fat Adapted Vs Ketosis

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Hello All,

Came across some interesting articles regarding Fat Adaptation vs Ketosis. Answered some questions I had regarding the differences. Hope this helps!

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard1.html
http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard2.html
http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/02/dont-be-a-ketard3.html

Replies

• Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great find. Thanks!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    However, I do focus when the author states "long time low carbers" that means to me that it PAYS to STICK IT OUT! :)

Absolutely. Keep in mind, the author has been at this for over a decade.

I love articles like these. They calm my fears and make me believe I might actually be able to do this WOE long term.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    awesome read!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good link post, Thanks!
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Its a process getting adapted, that's for sure. It took me six months for my body to stop overproducing ketones and\or expelling all the leftovers in my breath. Thank god my husband really loves me, I didn't think the bad breath would ever go away, then finally, it miraculously stopped :)

Well that gives me a bit of hope. Mine is rank
  • genmon00
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Its a process getting adapted, that's for sure. It took me six months for my body to stop overproducing ketones and\or expelling all the leftovers in my breath. Thank god my husband really loves me, I didn't think the bad breath would ever go away, then finally, it miraculously stopped :)

Ugh I cant wait till my urine stops smelling so strongly. It turns ME off lol
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Yes, indeed. Good reminder to keep your eyes on the horizon, not the mosquito before your nose.

Well said Ralph!! (made me chuckle)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    genmon00 - Thanks for sharing. These articles were sooo very informative.

Dear moderators - May I suggest these links be added to the Launch Pad?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

You might want to look into certain botanicals that are said to be effective against porcoketourinickia. I can't remember them all, but I believe the list did include established aromatics like nepeta cataria and asparagus officinalis.
  • genmon00
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

You might want to look into certain botanicals that are said to be effective against porcoketourinickia. I can't remember them all, but I believe the list did include established aromatics like nepeta cataria and asparagus officinalis.

Thanks @RalfLott I'll look for them cuz it's a total bummer for me
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Timely post! I'm fairly new to LCHF and these answered many of my questions. Honestly one reason I put off this WOE for so long were reading blogs/message board comments saying to the tube "it takes so long to get into ketosis. One misstep and you are back to square one." So glad to read that's not true.
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you! i'm still learning too. So what does it say if someone hasn't gone through the "flu"? I'm almost two weeks in and haven't experienced any side effects. Am I not adapted yet?
    I feel great and I can go very long without eating, when i used to start shaking if i didnt eat something for more than 3 hours. Yesterday I went to the water park, was active all day, but didn't eat for 6 hours. And even that was like "eh i haven't eaten in a while so i probably should"
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Thank you! i'm still learning too. So what does it say if someone hasn't gone through the "flu"? I'm almost two weeks in and haven't experienced any side effects. Am I not adapted yet?
    I feel great and I can go very long without eating, when i used to start shaking if i didnt eat something for more than 3 hours. Yesterday I went to the water park, was active all day, but didn't eat for 6 hours. And even that was like "eh i haven't eaten in a while so i probably should"

The "flu" is NOT necessary. You may just have been keeping up with your electrolyte levels by accident, which is preventing you from feeling negative symptoms. If so, BRAVO! "Keto flu" is commonplace in newbies and the answer is balancing your electrolytes.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Successfully managing your fluid balance / electrolytes in the beginning doesn't mean that it can't get out of balance six months from now, a year from now, or at any point in the future. You may be more likely to feel the ill effects of low electrolytes in the beginning because your body is less likely to know how to deal with the changes, but anytime you go through any type of a change, i.e. being sick, increasing your exercise regimen, changing the amount of fluid you're drinking (often happens when you change your routine), being subjected to extra heat, and of course reducing the amount of sodium you're taking, you could find yourself feeling the effects. So just be conscious of how much you're drinking, how much sodium you're having each day, it's an on-going maintenance. But great work thus far :smiley: