Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I barely hit 1000 calories a day. I usually hit bellow that. I just eat until I'm full also
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that, just after doing a video on not being afraid of extra-low calories, that I read this! Don't be afraid of going below 1,000 for a period of time. You are shrinking your stomach and providing for time to experiment as the months go by (when you will gradually add back to your meal size).
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that, just after doing a video on not being afraid of extra-low calories, that I read this! Don't be afraid of going below 1,000 for a period of time. You are shrinking your stomach and providing for time to experiment as the months go by (when you will gradually add back to your meal size).

LOL, I need to go watch it! Thank you :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, I love this group of people. You guys and gals are so very supportive.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

LOL, I need to go watch it! Thank you :-)

I haven't posted it yet, but will in a day or so. ;-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I can't wait to see it
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I had a strange day yesterday, I was barely hungry at mealtime, made a huge plate of steak fajitas and eggs with dessert being a vegan zucchini and dark chocolate muffin. I took a bite of the fajitas, just wasn't in the mood to eat them. I ate the muffin and about 20-30 red seedless grapes. Anyway, when my meal time rolled around today, needless to say, I ate every last drop, including wiping the bacon grease from the plate I microwaved it from... with my finger.

tlp04jvf3t0d.jpg
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks fantastic!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Mmm bacon grease!!! :p That meal looks delicious :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oooohh that looks so delicious :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you both. I didn't have a lovely meal to take a picture of today. Nope, today, crap was in the air. I don't like calling it a cheat day or a splurge or binge day; makes it seem like I'm miserable on all the other days and I'm not. I love OMAD, today I just felt like some McDonald's, so I had McDonald's. However, now that the gut bomb effect has taken place, I wish I hadn't. I still made it under my maximum end of the calorie goal despite a medium coke, medium fry, quarter pounder with cheese, and a spicy chicken sandwich. So, yay! I finished before my time to eat so I should get in at least a nice 24 hour fast. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I think as long as you were under your calorie goal then you should be fine and yes that fast will help...I crave fast food a lot!!! :p
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think as long as you were under your calorie goal then you should be fine and yes that fast will help...I crave fast food a lot!!! :p

I love your honesty!

I haven't done my big shop for the hubby's return this coming week (he works offshore), yet, and my Aunt will be here for a week, so an even bigger shop. My fridge and cupboards aren't empty, but they are severely lacking in choices. I started craving McD's. I tried to push it out of my mind for hours, wasn't happening. I know what happens when I do that... I would've eaten my meal made up of this and that, nothing satisfying, and then ran out and got McD's on top of it because I would have still had the craving. So, actually, me caving probably saved the day! Least that's how I am choosing to look at it. :-)

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I like that you add a lot of colour to your meals! Colour makes meals seem happier (to me at least haha)

I craved McDonalds yesterday as well but couldn't decide what I wanted so just went home. I think McD is okay as long as you stay under.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @1madgirl, I feel the same about the different colors, makes the meal look happier. :-)

Yeah, the McD's was okay calorie wise. I actually looked at calories before heading there, I do not do "diet coke" or any diet soda, so it was nice that I could enjoy a nice cold coca-cola with my meal. :-)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Thank you both. I didn't have a lovely meal to take a picture of today. Nope, today, crap was in the air. I don't like calling it a cheat day or a splurge or binge day; makes it seem like I'm miserable on all the other days and I'm not. I love OMAD, today I just felt like some McDonald's, so I had McDonald's. However, now that the gut bomb effect has taken place, I wish I hadn't. I still made it under my maximum end of the calorie goal despite a medium coke, medium fry, quarter pounder with cheese, and a spicy chicken sandwich. So, yay! I finished before my time to eat so I should get in at least a nice 24 hour fast. :-)

LOL, reminds me of the time I quite being a vegetarian. I NEEDED a hamburger! You absolutely did the right thing. Even better is your attitude about it and your knowledge of yourself. That is what I really ADMIRE!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    [quote="amflautist;39407205"[/quote]
    LOL, reminds me of the time I quite being a vegetarian. I NEEDED a hamburger! You absolutely did the right thing. Even better is your attitude about it and your knowledge of yourself. That is what I really ADMIRE![/quote]

LMAO! Yep, and that is what I love about OMAD. There are no restrictions aside from those that are self-placed. I'm trying my hardest to make healthy choices and avoid as much processed food as possible, but I know sometimes I will eat processed foods. I know sometimes my choices won't be healthy. And all of it will be okay, so long as the majority of the time I'm staying true to healthier choices. I can restrict carbs if I want. I can eat carbs and not worry, I love fruit! I can have vegetarian or vegan only meals. I can have protein only meals. I can mix them all together if I damn well please, and that is why I freaking love OMAD. I know things like Weight Watchers allow everything, but OMAD helps me with one area that no other type of eating for a healthier mind and body have ever done before... I don't have to think about food all day long. I love this lifestyle!

• wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dna1cvpf7i7w.jpg

Not as colorful as my other meals, but my daughter made this for us yesterday and I had already eaten. She made roasted, caramelized brussel sprouts--which I left in the oven too long when reheating, haha--and portabello mushroom burgers (I went with a double versus two single "burgers") and the whole meal was fantastic! I enjoyed it with a lovely smoothie made with blueberries, banana, greek vanilla yogurt, and oatmeal. The meal didn't give me that satisfied feeling afterwards, so in keeping with the browness of it all I had a piece of toast with a big honking scoop of peanut butter. Now I am satisfied. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    "I can mix them all together if I damn well please, and that is why I freaking love OMAD"

Yes you can :p:p:p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @brendagaudette, though I'm not counting as official since my weigh-in isn't until Friday. When you told me around last week that after all that salt leaves, so would the weight a few days down the road, you were spot on! I'm down five pounds and one pound of it went missing today after my McD's yesterday. lol